Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Piman2k's Track S14A - Powered by Full Race / Borg Warner / Mazworx

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looks good. I must admit I would be a bit pissed at having to modify the strut tower but seeing as you're cool with it then that's not an issue. Look forward to seeing the results.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post

As for the constructive comments: ghost, I think we will rotate the filter way from the rad, well noted. And spring, maybe that is the case mate. There's no way around it, with the big gates and big turbo it's uncomfortably tight. But this is custom stuff and an untested setup, we feedback to FR and they make their product better next time.
    I think thats the problem with off the shelf products but then if You have a one off product thats made to your car it may not be as efficient as the off the shelf part thats been tested. I think the only panel on my s14 thats not been changed/reworked(and not with a hammer) is the pillars and roof. I'm sure my manifolds would give you a stroke but I expect they will flow well enough.

What sort of power do you think you will make? what sort of Rpm will you start making boost? You planning on any aero or suspension/brake upgrades?

Rides
    The turbo is good for 600. I'm aiming to run a steady 450 until I can afford more work on the block. Already got a heavily augmented brake and suspension pack bud

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Lol thanks Nash. Appreciate your comment.

You can't win with this place. I've been an advocate of FR stuff because it's light years ahead of the shite some people run. But nevertheless we found something that isn't very good, didn't try to hide it, openly brought it to the forum and it's been latched onto with all disregard for the positives.

It is amazing. I don't know how to win? Keep buying shit and replacing it maybe? lolololol

And it's funnier that it's the same mod driving it up every time.

What has also been completely missed is that the PRIMARY reason we are modifying the turret is to provide clearance for water cooling lines to the wastegates. If you don't want to water cool, you don't need to mod. The manifold base design I guess predates the addition of water cooling to the MVRs.

As for the constructive comments: ghost, I think we will rotate the filter way from the rad, well noted. And spring, maybe that is the case mate. There's no way around it, with the big gates and big turbo it's uncomfortably tight. But this is custom stuff and an untested setup, we feedback to FR and they make their product better next time.
    lol i know what you mean mate, i stopped posting in the other thread a long time ago. couldn't be arsed to get involved with it all mate. just a shame that the negative comments have now been posted in you're build thread, don't see the need for that really seeing as theres already a thread for everyone to say what they think about FR.

water cooling the wastegates is a pain in the arse mate. have you tried rotating the WG's did try that on mine but it still wouldn't work out, your setup it might though.

Rides
    We did try bud, but it was exactly the same problems that you had and I 100% understand why you gave up on it. Fact is, the wastegates changed after the manifolds did so, I am guessing, that there are changes there to accomodate it yet. But it's OK, I'm happy to have a bit of custom work done to make it work.

We've already seen a diaphragm on the sister car's wastegates burn out through heat, although granted that manifold isn't coated, so for the sake of 50 quid in fittings and an hour or so of labour, to me it makes more sense now to go ahead and get it done while we can.

Could be totally unneccesary, but who doesn't like shiny bits?

Thanks for your input mate, it's always appreciated.

Rides
    Just to add my 50pence.
    Ryan doesn't pay a fortune in garage bills because he's built up a good relationship with one garage (me) which means I don't charge him for every hour spent on the car, I also call nearly every day to discuss how we are going to move forward and what potential costs may be.

A. Because I enjoy the work.
    B. Because he is loyal to me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M200sex View Post
    Just to add my 50pence.
    Ryan doesn't pay a fortune in garage bills because he's built up a good relationship with one garage (me) which means I don't charge him for every hour spent on the car, I also call nearly every day to discuss how we are going to move forward and what potential costs may be.

A. Because I enjoy the work.
    B. Because he is loyal to me
    Very well put Ali this is coming allong really well. I can't wait to see the dyno should shut a few people up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Bump

Got off the phone with the mapper today, should be turn key tomorrow! Get it validated in the workshop and then off to Surrey Rolling Road............now in Farnbrough

Rides
    exiting times. who's mapping it mate?

Rides
    Ryan Griffiths @ 2BarTuning Nash. He works mostly for Syvecs these days. I briefly spoke to a few mappers but I decided to stay with Ryan as he, like Ali, has always been good to me.
    Last edited by piman2k; 08-05-2014 at 22:33.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    "turn key tomorrow" - Really jealous of you now mate! Best of luck & ENJOY.

Rob.

Rides
    Cheers Rob. I will post a video of it when it's ticking over! Excited.com!

Rides
    This is a very impressive build, realy looking forwards to seeing the results of the 7670.

It's the same setup I was going to run a couple of years back...
    Only reason I didn't was because I placed my order for the turbo back when they were first "released" and gave up waiting for mine a year after my first order. Kinda wish I waited it out abit longer as all I seem to hear nowadays about the efr's are all good.

Rides
    Cheers jod, as soon as it's up and mapped I will post the results.

I'm optimistic about the response given Geoff's reccomendation at Full Race, but I know a few people think there's reason to be concerned about the turbine housing trim. We'll see I guess.

Hoping to get started today, a few sundry items meant we couldn't go on Friday.

Rides
    Update?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Update?
    Oil pump was air locked, nearly 2 hours to get oil pressure when cranking up to the turbo meant angry technician went home and drank wine/beer.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by M200sex View Post
    Oil pump was air locked, nearly 2 hours to get oil pressure when cranking up to the turbo meant angry technician went home and drank wine/beer.
    super eek

I can't say I've ever heard of it with a normal engine and for 2 hours.
    Last edited by -ghost-; 13-05-2014 at 20:15.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sounds like fun
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    super eek

I can't say I've ever heard of it with a normal engine and for 2 hours.
    Battery kept going flat so not continuous

Rides
    Oil lock's cleared, but it's still not starting. As mentioned in the other topic, we're fairly sure it's either fuel pressure or ignition timing. I'm heading over tonight to whip the rocker cover off to make sure the CAS isn't jumping when it's installed. Short of that, it looks like a wait for the fittings from Mazworx on Monday to be able to check the pressure.