Thread: Team Dorihero 1jz s13

Rides

Team Dorihero 1jz s13

Ive not been a paid up memeber on here for a few years now due to constantly changing my car every few weeks lol, managed to get my bdc semi-pro licence at the end of last year in a borrowed s13 so decided to stop messing around trying to be different & go down the previous tried & tested route, s13 it had to be.

spec when i got the car:

F&R whiteline arb's
    apex gen 2's
    adjustable arms everywhere
    solid subrfame mounts
    solid steering bush
    rack spacers
    5stud conversion
    300zx brakes

bdc spec cage with harness bar (fabricage)
    fuel cell
    battery relocated to boot
    battery isolator
    fia bucket seats
    dissshu suade wheel on snap off boss
    sound deadening removed
    all rust treated
    gauges

ca18det with freshly rebuilt bottom end
    t28r
    fmic
    db power ally rad
    catch tank
    z32 afm
    h-dev stage 3 chip
    referbed 444cc injectors
    walbro
    stainless mani
    stainless devided elbow
    stainless exhaust

frp wide front wings
    frp bonnet
    jun style rear arches
    full aero
    bgw
    freshly painted lambo perlecent orange.

wasnt feeling the hovercraft kit or bgw so it was all removed along with the ca.

much better!

quick trip down to apt for a mapping with the sr20det conversion complete saw 283bhp on a t28r,power fc & stock injectors

DW geomasters & some other chopping & welding make my steering do this:

all ready for BDC round 1

Rides
    1JZ S13?

Rides
    BDC round 1:
    went ok, car was solid but it was the first time id driven it so settings were all over the place & i had very low rear grip which resulted in 12th overall which tbh with i was quite happy with at the time!

round 2:
    went erm a little better i took the win

round 3:
    damage

i lost 3rd gear just before quali on sat & had been grabbing 3rd after the 2x tight turns.

having to do that section in 2nd took a little while to get used to lol, after going into the tyre wall on the outside of the track & taking the cone for a little ride on the inside of the track i decided that the middle was the best place to be.

i must say a massive thankyou to my pitman tom was epic all weekend.
    he drove over 2hrs to collect a gearbox from scotty (skyline part) paid for it out of his own pocket, bought fresh gearbox oil then proceeded to lay under my car untill past midnight fitting the box ready for the battles on sunday

& all that after driving me there & making sure i have everything i need, which he describes as being like babysitting a small child.

Rides
    car is all repaired & looking shiney again

i went to the autowork festival drift comp in paris at the weekend, it was awesome!!!! very well organised, all the people i met were very cool & it was well worth all the hasstle getting there & back.

managed to qualify 12th out of 42x cars with 94.25 points, top qualifier got 98was judged by team orange. i was very happy with that to say the least.

first battle & i was pired with wayne keeber, needless to say i got knocked out lol.

having said that i was happy with my runs & a didnt embarrass myself!

but the best thing all weekend was the fact that i had the oppertunity to do a twin drift demo with team orange, im still buzzing now. buggered my chase run but was grinning alot
    not the best quality vid but:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUD6T380yeE
    Last edited by mitsi_matt; 19-09-2011 at 21:34.

Rides
    BDC round 4:
    car was running very badly, tickover very lumpy missing like fook untill near the limiter so i kept it on the limiter as much as possible qualified 1st:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-EQSATgJjc

in the first twin battle my handbrake decided it didnt want to work which resulted in a massive crashu with sam holt. car was not repairable untill 30secs after the 5min rule.

still finished 5th
    Last edited by mitsi_matt; 19-09-2011 at 21:36.

Rides
    Time for an upgrade! decided 3weeks before the final round of BDC which im currently leading by 7points that doing a 1jz-gte conversion was a good idea

as it stands as of now:
    Got the shifter sent off to Steveo for extendings...

Did some measuring when test fitting the engine and drove to Coventry to Dave Mac Propshafts to get the hybrid shaft made up...

And today I got this back. Hope it fits

ACT provided this...

Which went on like this...

Got the water hose cut to use the CA radiator to save the long crosspipe...

And shut, along with the turbo housing, before struggling for an hour to get the front housing on with the world's biggest circlip...

And it kinda looks like this at the minute...

all the work thus far has been carried out by mitch @ driftgarage & he has done an awesome job getting it this far along this quickly with parts turning up late etc.

i collected the car today with a few jobs to complete only 3x days left before i have to leave for BDC & mapping is still required, thankfully gary @ APT is going to squeeze me in for a quick map thursday if i can get the car ready in time.
    Last edited by mitsi_matt; 19-09-2011 at 21:52.

Rides
    spec:

1jz-gte
    R154
    ACT 6puck clutch
    Holset HX35
    725cc injectors
    Haltech sprint 500
    Bosch 044
    swirlpot
    stainless mani
    precision external wastegate

Rides
    This is gonne be a pretty sorted 13, only thing I don't like is the flat orange

Rides
    Car got finished after the worst week of my life, either working on the car or sleeping, nothing but kebabs or mc donalds for the whole week im totally sick of fast food for now lol.
    managed a 24.5hr solid stint, missed my mapping slot, got an exhaust inflicted black eye, fuel rail fittings were hopeless, managed just over 5hrs sleep from wed morning to arriving at sunderland friday, finally getting my head down at around midningt.

massive thankyou again to mitch @ driftgarage who did a fantastic job all round, MB Automotive for ironing out a few teething issues & doing an epic job mapping the car, alex for being as stubborn & pigheaded as myself on the never give up front!
    my mrs for putting up with me spending all our wedding monies, rent for next month & generally not getting the arse with my stupid ideas.
    also thanks to everybody for chipping in: rob, matt b, twom, jdm tom, drew & finally a massive thankyou to senny tom for the general awesomeness all year, the result would not have been the same without my pitman!

anyways the end result 440bhp 1zj-s13 was finished on time for the final round of bdc after some frantic setup work i got 1st place at the round & 1st in the championship

was it all worth it?

Rides
    Congratulations on the championship, the car should do you proud in the Pros next year too.

Was also nice to meet you this weekend.

Rides
    that's great to see mate! now try look after it!

Rides
    Wow! I picked a bumper up off mitch an this car was in pieces not so long ago, brilliant turn around.. Well done in the bdc your other lil Nissan(cube) looked good to.

Rides
    after a few months of not even looking at the car i have dropped it off at DoriHero HQ ready for the tidy up mission for BDC this season, the horrid orange colour is being replaced with something even more obnoxious & an all new bodykit is being added.

as it stands at the mo:
    8bd793b8.jpg
    9b9f2d40.jpg

Rides
    Not updated this for ages!

im having a fairly bad season tbh still currently 4th in pro class but ive made a fair few setup mistakes which im still struggeling to resolve, rear end grip & distinct lack of balance being the main issues, the car is nothing like it was last year at all so im going back to the silly camber up front & rear rake suspention setup in an attempt to get back the awesome feel it had last year!

since the above picture its now been fully resprayed, 105mm per side track width kit, home made wings, gp sports aero & new wheels

DA8176EA-7AFD-44B7-B079-AA3D57D2BC2E-485-0000009C8D2D11FD.jpg
    7F606F5E-430F-471D-A794-56C69DBDA79E-485-0000009C895B7E2B.jpg
    FBB6E425-86A7-473A-BC96-CF1EFAE9D474-485-0000009C8E6CF389.jpg
    3B2B8FA2-2506-4055-99EB-B69CA3DF4D17-485-0000009C8E00029C.jpg
    12A9DEBF-D13B-4496-8C93-0B90B5B5CB12-485-0000009C9C14C77D.jpg