Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new car.....Not so standard golf 1.8t!

Rides

Another new car.....Not so standard golf 1.8t!

Its a black 3 door sport so has the recaro interior....traction control etc.

Spec is....

1.8t lump remapped to 218bhp at 17psi
    Induction kit - unknown
    Milltek flexi sport cat downpipe
    Milltek cat back exhaust with twin exit
    Forge recirc dump valve
    Savage boost gauge

Raceland coilovers
    R32 front discs, calipers, pads
    Audi TTrs 18" multispoke alloys
    Falken Ziex 225 tyres

R32 front bumper - copy
    R32 genuine front splitter
    Colour coded front VW badge
    Debaged tailgate
    Porsche turbo boot badge colour coded - not my taste but hey...
    De-wipered rear screen
    Pressed metal plates

Momo gearknob
    Pansonic head unit
    Poineer components
    Stock recaro interior

Mileage is 120k but it has been serviced every 9k since new, cambelt, water pump and oil pump all done 9k ago...

Boost spikes a little in 4th and 5th so may add an MBC just to keep on top of it.

I have never driven a car with so much torque low down.....it takes off more than my silvia used to

I'm gonna add a FMIC and maybe look at other alloys but as its coming with me to France again in 2 months I might wait...

Alex

Rides
    Not a bad buy

How long you going to keep this one?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by becauseflikdidntdohisjobproperly View Post
    Not a bad buy

How long you going to keep this one?
    Well I seem to be buying more and more modern....this is comfortable and far quicker than most things I have had just down to the torque.....Half the fun is how it goes from 30-60...and it gives 35-40mpg with my mixed driving.

I will say till i get bored but there is so much you can do with these as they are such a widely used and variously tuned engine from the audis to seats....

Hows the 46??

Rides
    Yep, one of the people at work used to have a Leon Cupra, then an A3 1.8T. Which at various points I got to drive. Cracking engine, likes to chew through coil packs though! Oh and watch out for the plastic POS water pumps

E46 is awesome, few bits to do nothing major though.

Rides
    niice...yeah water pump was done 10k ago....

All major work has been done to it....custom map so a tonne of power mid range and then safe and rich top end....

Just fancy some LM type wheels

Rides
    How much if you don't mind me asking ???

Rides
    Nice, like it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_s13 View Post
    How much if you don't mind me asking ???
    No worries mate...

£2200

Rides
    toying with the idea of getting mine tuned up to around 200bhp with a remap. do you notice a lot of difference? mine seems to be getting between 35 and 40mpg already so I guess that wouldnt change?

heres mine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by retardrift View Post
    No worries mate...

£2200
    Good price mate

Quote Originally Posted by credi View Post
    toying with the idea of getting mine tuned up to around 200bhp with a remap. do you notice a lot of difference? mine seems to be getting between 35 and 40mpg already so I guess that wouldnt change?

heres mine

Very nice mate !!!

Rides

heres mine

Well worth it.....off boost on a normal journey I can get 45mpg on the computer display.....

The torque is the best thing.....it overtakes like its been kicked up the ar$e

Rides
    What bhp do they come with stock ? Also is it just a remap and the sport cat thats put it up to 218 bhp ? Quite liking the idea of that.. Any idea how much on a remap ?

Rides
    @Ashmans13 i know mine is 150bhp stock. i was quoted £199+VAT for a remap up to 195-200bhp from a company called Volkscraft up in exeter. Not a bad price for a decent power gain.

Rides
    If you have the later k03s turbo and a custom map there are forum members with 240+bhp with supporting mods...injectors/fmic etc etc

Stock figure for the 1.8t 20v in the mk4 golf is 150 but its 18o in the A3 quattros and 225 I think in the Cupra R's so they can easily take the power hike.
    Personally my 18's can't put down anymore power than 220 as they want to spin up in the dry.....in the wet its a bit scary haha!

Just going to add a fmic and mbc then concentrate on getting the exterior mint....Well that only requires respraying the front bumper to be honest! May add some silly wide 17's in the near future as 18's have never been my thing, even though they don't even look big on this car Then some subtle sideskirts...

Rides
    Looks nice Alex,personally I think the wheels look good

Rides
    @Ashmans13 i know mine is 150bhp stock. i was quoted £199+VAT for a remap up to 195-200bhp from a company called Volkscraft up in exeter. Not a bad price for a decent power gain.
    Thanks, that sounds like a bargain for the power gains..

If you have the later k03s turbo and a custom map there are forum members with 240+bhp with supporting mods...injectors/fmic etc etc

Stock figure for the 1.8t 20v in the mk4 golf is 150 but its 18o in the A3 quattros and 225 I think in the Cupra R's so they can easily take the power hike.
    Personally my 18's can't put down anymore power than 220 as they want to spin up in the dry.....in the wet its a bit scary haha!

Just going to add a fmic and mbc then concentrate on getting the exterior mint....Well that only requires respraying the front bumper to be honest! May add some silly wide 17's in the near future as 18's have never been my thing, even though they don't even look big on this car Then some subtle sideskirts...
    Which forum is that? I think i may head over and do some reading up, and have a look in the for sale section (if they have one) I really like the look of yours, and that seems a good price you paid..

Rides
    If I had to guess I'd assume this forum - http://uk-mkivs.net/

Rides

The 225 has an uprated bottom end compared to the 150 and 180's.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    If I had to guess I'd assume this forum - http://uk-mkivs.net/

Yep tis the very forum....there are so many golf forums, I've only joined up there so far....

Rides
    Yep tis the very forum....there are so many golf forums, I've only joined up there so far....
    In my opinion that's the best one