Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbone Lorraine brake pads, incredible performance and value!

Rides

Carbone Lorraine brake pads, incredible performance and value!

We're lucky to be good friends with the official UK importer of Carbone Lorraine brakes, and as such we've either got or are getting stock of all popular fitments!

We've been testing these pads in the RC5+ variety for a while now and they're INCREDIBLE, directly comparable to top end Pagid, Performance Friction, etc etc.
    RC5+ is next to no dust, ridiculous stopping power, no fade, etc. RC6 is even more powerful, utterly ridiculous, but does dust and make a bit more noise.

At the moment we've got RC5+ and RC6 fronts for S14/Skyline/300ZX etc Sumitomo calipers in stock along with rears for R32/33/34 GT-R Brembos, fronts for GT-R Brembos along with other options are coming early next week.

Incidentally, RC5+ and RC6 are designed to have a similar change of characteristics over temperature change, so you can run RC5+ front, RC6 rear to increase rear bias, or RC6 front, RC5+ rear to increase front bias.

Incredible pads, and cheaper than the competition too!

Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads on the Driftworks Online Shop

Last edited by Bon Bon; 29-09-2011 at 11:40.

Rides
    Who wants to try a set of RC5+s and write me a review? These really dick on the competition and are low dust and quiet.... ideal multi purpose pads...

Rides
    do they do any that fit wilwood calipers?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    do they do any that fit wilwood calipers?
    Do you know which pad profile or caliper it is?
    I'm sure they will do an pad!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    Do you know which pad profile or caliper it is?
    I'm sure they will do an pad!
    Wilwood Superlite 4 pot

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    Wilwood Superlite 4 pot
    £199.50 for RC6, or £182.50 for RC5+

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Who wants to try a set of RC5+s and write me a review? These really dick on the competition and are low dust and quiet.... ideal multi purpose pads...
    I already have, have a look at the index in my project thread for a more detailed review.

I don't agree with the low dust, I would say they are similer to ds2500 in dust and they can sometimes be a little squeeky, despite what the manufacturers/resellers claim we cannot expect a pad to do everything though.

On the whole I found them much better than ds2500, much cheaper than just about every other performance option (ds2500, carbotech xp8', PF01's, Pagids, Pmu's etc) , they are really really good pads so I would definatly recommend them.

Also it's worth changing your original post from RC5's to RC5+ as they are different pads.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by immy21 View Post
    I already have, have a look at the index in my project thread for a more detailed review.

I don't agree with the low dust, I would say they are similer to ds2500 in dust and they can sometimes be a little squeeky, despite what the manufacturers/resellers claim we cannot expect a pad to do everything though.

On the whole I found them much better than ds2500, much cheaper than just about every other performance option (ds2500, carbotech xp8', PF01's, Pagids, Pmu's etc) , they are really really good pads so I would definatly recommend them.

Also it's worth changing your original post from RC5's to RC5+ as they are different pads.
    Just worth me mentioning that a statement like low dust is relative, compared to other track pads I've used they're low dust, compared to an OEM Nissan pad...no, they're not at all low dust. Honestly, Kam has them in his S14 and I've not noticed them squeak once, vs mine in the BMW that squeak every stop... Pretty damn awesome pads overall though anyway, they seem to last forever too.

RC5 is defunct now, has been for ~18 months, RC5+ is just the current version, so no need to worry if you hear any reference to RC5 or RC5+ it's the same product we're talking about. Although yes you're right it's pretty lazy of me that I didn't just put the + on the end, I'll change it now.

Rides
    Fair enough, also worth mentioning cold bite is superb, much better than anything iv had in my car including stock, this is something that performance pads are supposed to suffer from, pedel feel is also great, and they are goooold

Rides
    Actually yeah sod the performance, they're gold, that's the clincher for me too.

Always believe in your souuuuul

Rides
    hey bon its ceffy here, Do you have 05 350z fitment for the fronts. no comp use but daily and some play play skids soon.

Rides
    Yup in stock, bit dearer for 350 Brembos but they should last forevveer and ever and ever.... RC5+ would be £199.50

http://www.driftworks.com/shop/carbo...o-caliper.html

Rides
    how have you found disc wear using these pads?

and dont need some yet but just out of interest do you do them for 300zx rears and Aston martin db9 rears?
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Aston Martin rears yes, 300ZX rears I'm sure they do, I'm just working out which pad it is....

Disc wear is more or less the same as any aggressive pad, since they work off abrasion you will see increased disc wear. Nothing incredible though, not noticed any 'mega wear' or anything!

DB9 rears are £142.50 for RC5+ and £159.50 for RC6....
    Last edited by Bon Bon; 29-09-2011 at 16:18.

Rides
    Aston Martin rears yes, 300ZX rears I'm sure they do, I'm just working out which pad it is....

Disc wear is more or less the same as any aggressive pad, since they work off abrasion you will see increased disc wear. Nothing incredible though, not noticed any 'mega wear' or anything!

DB9 rears are £142.50 for RC5+ and £159.50 for RC6....
    AWESOME!! tried to get some pads before but couldnt find the DB9 ones or a uk number to ring

only reason i ask about disc wear is that id read about on the net that the disc wear is a lot lot higher with CL pads due to a high metal content in the pads? might be a differtent compound and if you havent seen higher wear then its all good
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Well the disc wear IS increased, but during normal useage it doesn't really make itself evident.

I imagine you would munch through discs quicker if you back to back compared them on track use, but then the pads last longer too and it all balances out. I wouldn't worry!

They ARE an abrasive pad that leaves no deposits, I'd say the positives of that outweigh accelerated disc wear.

Rides
    Well the disc wear IS increased, but during normal useage it doesn't really make itself evident.

I imagine you would munch through discs quicker if you back to back compared them on track use, but then the pads last longer too and it all balances out. I wouldn't worry!

They ARE an abrasive pad that leaves no deposits, I'd say the positives of that outweigh accelerated disc wear.
    sounds good to me

REALLY glad a uk shop has tested and started supplying these

Rides
    Can I have a price for a pair of front R33 GTS (fitted to an S14a) (the lightweight caliper one) and a pair of s14a rears in both RC5+ and RC6, and carriage!

Cheers

Stewart

Unleaded User
    Rides
    For the fronts you need 4047 and in RC5+ will be £118.38 and the RC6 will be £131.53. Delivery front pads will be £6.64 to mainland UK.
    I'm afraid we can't do the rears at this point in time.

Unleaded User
    Rides
    We're offering 10% off all Carbone Lorraine pads for Nissan applications until the end of August, and have very good stock on the pads for the Sumitomo calipers (4047), all you have to do is order online and use the discount code SXOC10OFFCLBrakes before the end of August!
    You can buy your Nissan pads here - http://www.driftworks.com/shop/nissa...compounds.html