Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Website update

Rides
    Nice touch with the testimonials but would i be really picky if i said you need some of these "?

Eg:

Phil, St Ives, Cambridgeshire:
    You definitely succeeded with an extra wet look, the reflections in the paint look soooooooo deeeep! Thanks once again for a very professional job

Should be:

"You definitely succeeded with an extra wet look, the reflections in the paint look soooooooo deeeep! Thanks once again for a very professional job"

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
    Nice touch with the testimonials but would i be really picky if i said you need some of these "?

Eg:

You definitely succeeded with an extra wet look, the reflections in the paint look soooooooo deeeep! Thanks once again for a very professional job

Should be:

"You definitely succeeded with an extra wet look, the reflections in the paint look soooooooo deeeep! Thanks once again for a very professional job"
    Yes picky, but bang on, as they are quotes after all..............back to the editing page

Rides
    Also Phil is followed by a comma but all the rest are a -

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy007 View Post
    Also Phil is followed by a comma but all the rest are a -
    Not any longer, cheers. As well as adding the "" I've made the quotes italic too

Rides
    Protection
    This involves the application of a protective sealant or wax (in liquid, paste or hard carnauba wax form) that provides a barrier against the elements. This also greatly helps the paint repel water and is the final stage in producing an incredible glossy shine. There is a vast array of products for protection, from synthetic sealents to high carnauba content waxes.

Just read through it and the paragraph above seems to read a bit odd to me as you mention different types of sealants & waxes twice. Also 'that' should be 'which' in the first sentence.

Possibly something like:

Protection
    This involves the application of a protective sealant or wax which provides a barrier against the elements. This also greatly helps the paint repel water and is the final stage in producing an incredible glossy shine. I use a vast array of products for protection, from synthetic sealents to high carnauba content waxes.

Looks good overall, the pics are stunning too!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Falco View Post
    Protection
    This involves the application of a protective sealant or wax (in liquid, paste or hard carnauba wax form) that provides a barrier against the elements. This also greatly helps the paint repel water and is the final stage in producing an incredible glossy shine. There is a vast array of products for protection, from synthetic sealents to high carnauba content waxes.

Just read through it and the paragraph above seems to read a bit odd to me as you mention different types of sealants & waxes twice. Also 'that' should be 'which' in the first sentence.

Possibly something like:

Protection
    This involves the application of a protective sealant or wax which provides a barrier against the elements. This also greatly helps the paint repel water and is the final stage in producing an incredible glossy shine. I use a vast array of products for protection, from synthetic sealents to high carnauba content waxes.

Looks good overall, the pics are stunning too!
    Good point and I like your rewording of the last sentence, cheers

Rides
    Just edited the Testimonials page to add the car as well as the name and location. Someone asked today if all the testimonials are genuine, which of course they are, but adding the car to the testimonial kind of tallies with the pictures in the gallery.

Rides
    Sorry Jem, but really not keen on that, looks like something from the 90's.

You could get a really nice website done for around £200 that would generate a lot more business than that. Personally, if I went on that site, I wouldn't choose you over a company with a much nicer site.

Don't mean to be nasty, just trying to help

Rides
    Well I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time. While I maybe able to get a better site for £200, that is £200 I would rather invest in providing a better service to my customers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Well I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time. While I maybe able to get a better site for £200, that is £200 I would rather invest in providing a better service to my customers
    But if a better site improved your new customer conversion rate then it may be a very worthwhile investment

Si

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sroberts View Post
    But if a better site improved your new customer conversion rate then it may be a very worthwhile investment

Si
    That's true, but it's something for next year at the moment.

Rides
    Oddly I had a ten fold increase in hit's on the website yesterday. No idea why!

Rides
    Maybe some natural SEO is starting to kick in from people reccomending on various websites and forums.

Do you have Google Analytics setup so you can track where people are coming from and what there using to find the site?

I would still reccomend spending a few hundred pounds and getting the website done properly, especially now you are getting hits.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SX Sam View Post
    Maybe some natural SEO is starting to kick in from people reccomending on various websites and forums.

Do you have Google Analytics setup so you can track where people are coming from and what there using to find the site?

I would still reccomend spending a few hundred pounds and getting the website done properly, especially now you are getting hits.
    SEO??

I'm not sure it google analytics, but I can see where abouts a lot of the visitors live, and if they clicked a link such as from a search engine or forum, where they clicked it.

Rides
    Search engine optimization. It comprises of website content, facebook and google+1 likes. Links pointing at your website is the main thing. So if a load of websites have a link to your website on them you will rank higher in Google and other search engines. Obviously there is quite a bit more to it than this. To be honest, that wouldn't be a hard thing to get to page 1. There probably isn't that many sites advertising valeting in your area.

Analytics looks like this.

Rides
    Yeah it's done by VistaPrint, and I've been through SEO giving it key words etc. Cheers

Rides
    The third testimonial is missing the word 'to'

Rides
    please dont take this the wrong way as im trying to be helpful but...

im with sam it looks very 90's and microsoft paint i think with just a change of background colour to something more neutral and a font change it would be a world different
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    How's it look now, or have I missed your point entirely

Rides
    i really prefer the text next to the pictures apart from the top three with the bigger text, looks a bit, i dunno, doesnt look as good as the rest. think i preferred the old logo though but prefer the website now personally.

it is all personal preference though

and for seo stuff pm quail, its his job and hes pretty handy with it

edit: there is more :O it might be my pc but i have a huge blank margin either side of the pics/text, even the menu is a good few inches from the left of the screen. makes it look very long and thin and leaves a big blank border either side. might be my screen though as it is a widescreen
    Last edited by Fake Ben Taylor; 13-12-2011 at 19:59.
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper