Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone actually bought from Project-D???

Rides
    Private sale makes all the difference

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMat View Post
    Can't see why the original poster is getting slagged off.

Even if it was a bank holiday. A company shouldnt make promises it can't keep. If the seller was busy and couldnt meet the demand then he should say so. and agree to post out when possible.

Doesnt matter if your a BDC superpro or a chav, your a customer all the same
    Again this was a PRIVATE SALE, nothing to do with the company..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    It never helps making vague arrangements either If you're doing this sort of thing you're better off specifying a date / time & place to meet so that both sides know exactly where they need to be and when

Edit: Before either of you get irritated by the above comment, that was just a helpful tip btw, not me having a go at either side!
    I totally agree; everything was organised for Saturday.

I then tried to help him out by meeting him Sunday; unfortunately this didn’t happen due to other commitments.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMat View Post
    Doesnt matter if your a BDC superpro or a chav, your a customer all the same
    I agree competely with this (apart from the grammar ) as it is incredibly annoying when people don't deliver on what they say they will.... however as Project D has said it was arranged outside of the business as the OP was trying to save a few quid, which leads me on to the reason I wanted to post at all:

I think the biggest lesson of this is don't try to blag your way through things on the cheap if you have time pressures to meet- it doesn't work!

I am a firm believer in not ever trying to use "Mate's rate" as it's a false economy unless it is genuinely from someone you would buy a pint- by all means do something for less than rrp if there is a benefit to all (sponsorship, services in kind etc) but invariably you get shunted to the bottom of the list, corners are cut, warranties are invalid, and you will get poor customer service because there is no benefit to the seller/service provider, and in fact it would be easier for them if they were left in peace to help their dad on a bank holiday (for instance!)

Rides
    I know and use project-D as does R/M for everything, there is only one other person apart from Andy that i will let work on my car that isnt me, i can see your frustration that you had work to do and made plans etc, but on the flip side as everyone else has said, it was a bank holiday....

Andy has worked for countless hours trying to get things sorted for people and for you to try and tarnish his reputation as you couldnt get parts over a bank holiday weekend is again as others have said "bang out of order"

i can understand the frustration of lack of contact etc, but if i know andy he probably wasnt at a mates for the fun of it but stuck under the car or the bonnet!

Project -D will always remain at the top of mine and many many other peoples lists as the attention to detail and shear love of the work that Andy has is second to none!

if you have a problem take it up with the guys, don't try and break a mans life's work because you couldn't get a handbrake over one weekend......forums are full of Keyboard warriors that only ever spreed sh1t when things go bad. project d has done full day and night shifts getting cars ready for the BDC or just because someone needs the car for work, and doesn't charge anywhere near the time that is spent, this never pops up on the board but every little hicup does....

do me a favor, have a chat with Andy im sure something will be sorted, he is one of the good guys...

to be fair i wish that there were more companies with the level of service Project-D offer!!!

my 2 pence worth anyways!"!"!"!"!"!

Rides
    doesnt matter if its a private sale, it still reflects on you, and you are the company.

But a private sale with less money gives you a lower incentive. Which i understand. however If someone was buying bits from me in a private sale, I'd make sure i was watching out for texts and would tell the guy to go home if i couldnt meet him. Rather than have him sitting in a car park, If i did that, They'd put a thread up about me saying.. "isn't magicmat a tw@t etc etc"

tomo1, i write court reports to very high standards, I dont usually give a monkeys how i write on the forum, its meant to be a place to chill after all

Always two sides to a story, but the original poster did come across rather pissy. But then again I can imagine feeling the same. he didnt get the goods on sunday, he accepted that but they weren't shipped out when agreed on the tuesday... not really ideal?

But eitherway, All company's have good an bad reviews, its up to the other forum members to take it all with a pinch of salt

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysx View Post
    Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk
    tbh I think this is the most annoying part of the whole thread
    (it can be turned off easily in the settings )

Sent from my PC using a Keyboard
    bovvered?

Rides
    Seeing this thread actually reminded me that I needed a washer bag kit for my SX and also how friendly and helpful Andy is.

A little while ago I was in need of some rims with tyres, just on a loan basis that I could use whilst I painted up my original wheels and got new rubber on them. Andy came to the rescue! He didn't know who I was, only that I was someone in need of some help that he could provide.

This was outside of the company, so he had no obligations and didn't HAVE to do anything, but he said I could pop over pick them up and return them when I'm done. On the day I tried to get hold of Andy to let him know I was gonna swing by, unfortunately after a few attempts (it kept going to answer phone) I just set off. I rocked up at Project-D, only to find i had zero signal on my phone, along with pretty much everyone else there as it's in the arse end of nowhere! Grabbed the wheels and was on my way. I had totally forgotten that I had them until today, and Andy hasn't once pressured me for them back, I guess it just goes to show that he stuck by his words of "when you're done". I'll deffo use Project-D again and infact have just placed an order.

Basically, I think you were just unlucky, and at the end of the day, taking shortcuts isn't always the best way. Live and learn dude, and don't cry about it on the internet when something goes tits up, it happens in life.

You've got what you want from elsewhere, Andy doesn't have to deal with something, on what I'm sure is a well deserved day off, essentially you both win at the end of the day.

Rides
    Andrews a great guy, a real pleasure to deal with, when you can get hold of him! I know he suffers from a lack of mobile signal whilst at his unit, and most of surrey unfortunately, so that may explain the lack of calls/texts, but he's always gotten back to me.

as far as i can make out, no monies were exchanged, it wasn't going through the companies books so you were saving money, you were just unable to meet up to get the items/pay, which is unfortunate, but 60 miles isn't the end of the world (its 40 or 50 for me from my flat to andrews unit depending on which way i go)

Rides
    I am very surprised that this company is still trading and if anyone has actually bought from them!?
    We have had 2 complaints in the time Andrew has been on here... this being the second... and like the first isn't even worthy of a complaint
    So by my count him and Project-D still keep SXOC approval

Have you ever heard of Customer service?? Or even just simply returning missed calls or replying to text messages??
    Business or no business getting someone to do something on a Sunday or bank holiday... you do realise this is the UK???
    The fact he has accommodated your request to help you save money in itself shows good customer service.
    As for contact... well your texts don't show the phone convos who have obviously had in between or after.

you fcuking cock!
    please abuse a trader once more and you get a free holiday

Rides
    Nicely put Channie

Rides
    No response from the OP. Thread being closed

If anyone wants to discuss this further feel free to PM me