Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone actually bought from Project-D???

Rides

Has anyone actually bought from Project-D???

I am very surprised that this company is still trading and if anyone has actually bought from them!?

I contacted them last week Friday to make an order for a few bits and stated that as I was off work on bank holiday Monday I would be working on my car. I also mentioned that over the weekend I was travelling 60 miles down to Woking to collect a few bits from a friend I could collect as posting wouldn't reach me in time.

So I made contact on Saturday. I was told my items were in his car as he was unsure whether he'd be at his unit or not and to give him a call when I'm in that area, I replied saying it would be Sunday.

Sunday came and I went to see my friend and called him to say I was local, he said he's running around, give him half an hour.

1 hour went so I called...no answer 3 times and 2 texts later I got a phone call saying that he's stuck at someone's house and can't meet me. I asked where he was so I could drive there as I was sitting in a petrol station BORED out of my mind, I then get told that my Hydro is not actually in his car and it's at home.

Ok this is better for me, I can just pop up the road leave the money with whoever's at his house & collect my bits. But no, conveniently nobody's home.

So he says he'll post it out to me on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery and cover the postage costs for the messing around. I get no call Tuesday so at around 1pm I call him and ask for a paypal address and a total amount to pay. I get told he needs to work it out so I'll have a call or a text within an hour, but if I don't hear from him to contact him (on other words remind him). It gets to 5pm so I texted him asking for the price...no reply!

So I didn't get my bits, drove to within 2 miles of his place, didn't get my car finished on Monday when I gad full access to the workshop & to top it all off it's not even being delivered Wednesday.

Have you ever heard of Customer service?? Or even just simply returning missed calls or replying to text messages??

I'll tell you what...you are 100% at the top of my recommended list along with "Driftnuts" from the Driftworks forum.

I can't remember if I said thanks...so THANKS  you fcuking cock!

I've since found a member of DW with the bits I need, sent the payment through paypal and I'm told I'll have a message back to me by 10am with a tracking number. That's how to do business and this guy isn't even a trader.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk

Rides
    I bought a Japspeed elbow off them about a year or two ago now, fast postage, good prices Excellent communication and the chap was really nice to deal with.

While I can see your frustration, arent saturday and sunday usually peoples days off
    Last edited by Fezcock; 31-08-2011 at 00:41.

Rides
    Yes but he told me he would be around and said come over, as he'll probably end up being in his unit sat/sun

Rides
    As I said mate, I found the dude to be easy and very happy to accomodate. People do make mistakes, have you contacted him for an apology and not flown off the hook?

If not, id guess that should have been your first port of call before posting this up dude.

Rides
    Yes of course but if someone doesn't answer the phone or reply to messages how do you get through to them.

Tbh I thought this may get through to him!

Rides
    I think this is a quite out of order of you, i deal with Project-D for absolutely anything & everything for my 200. If you had any idea how much time & effort goes into running the business you would understand why this happened. At this time of the year, it's smack bang in drift season so people in the business are flat out constantly.

I understand that, i'm patient & i know i'm in the que but other stuff takes priority over me because it's more important than average joe bloggs customer. Why do have such a hard time understanding that?

Rides
    I bought a washer bag kit from them and it arrived very quickly. It sprung a leak a few weeks later and no questions asked they replaced it. Communication was good aswell.

Rides
    Jaysx I think you are bang out of order especially as it was a bank holiday weekend. Most tuning companies probably wouldn't even have given you the time of day, especially during drift season. I have been using Project D for over a year and have found them to be one of the best companies that I have ever dealt with. They are also one of the few companies that I would trust enough to work on any of my cars. Project D are a small operation with a large demand. They are responsible for looking after a number of vehicles in the BDC. I dont think this would be the case if they were as bad as you are making them out to be. Feel free to check out Brooksies latest video on Driftworks at BDC Knock Hill. Nuff Said!!!!!

Rides
    So if they are as good as all you guys are saying why tell me to come all the way to Surrey and then not answer the phone?

Nice 1st post!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysx View Post
    So if they are as good as all you guys are saying why tell me to come all the way to Surrey and then not answer the phone?

Nice 1st post!

I'm pretty sure you said you were in Surrey at a friends anyway?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R/M View Post
    Only because I was coming to collect parts I thought I'd do both!

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R/M View Post
    eitherway, its not the greatest customer service ive ever seen,
    on the other hand it was the weekend and a bank holiday.

theres always two sides to a story though.

Rides

That's my side of the story like I said in the first post

Rides
    Ignoring the weekend thing, as that's an unusual situation (if I owned a company, I'm sorry you wouldn't be collecting off me on a Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend!) the service on Tuesday was appalling. That stuff should have been with you today, it sounds as if he didn't want your business yesterday, you did the right thing in going elsewhere

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysx View Post
    I am very surprised that this company is still trading and if anyone has actually bought from them!?

I contacted them last week Friday to make an order for a few bits and stated that as I was off work on bank holiday Monday I would be working on my car. I also mentioned that over the weekend I was travelling 60 miles down to Woking to collect a few bits from a friend I could collect as posting wouldn't reach me in time.

So I made contact on Saturday. I was told my items were in his car as he was unsure whether he'd be at his unit or not and to give him a call when I'm in that area, I replied saying it would be Sunday.

Sunday came and I went to see my friend and called him to say I was local, he said he's running around, give him half an hour.

1 hour went so I called...no answer 3 times and 2 texts later I got a phone call saying that he's stuck at someone's house and can't meet me. I asked where he was so I could drive there as I was sitting in a petrol station BORED out of my mind, I then get told that my Hydro is not actually in his car and it's at home.

Ok this is better for me, I can just pop up the road leave the money with whoever's at his house & collect my bits. But no, conveniently nobody's home.

So he says he'll post it out to me on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery and cover the postage costs for the messing around. I get no call Tuesday so at around 1pm I call him and ask for a paypal address and a total amount to pay. I get told he needs to work it out so I'll have a call or a text within an hour, but if I don't hear from him to contact him (on other words remind him). It gets to 5pm so I texted him asking for the price...no reply!

So I didn't get my bits, drove to within 2 miles of his place, didn't get my car finished on Monday when I gad full access to the workshop & to top it all off it's not even being delivered Wednesday.

Have you ever heard of Customer service?? Or even just simply returning missed calls or replying to text messages??

I'll tell you what...you are 100% at the top of my recommended list along with "Driftnuts" from the Driftworks forum.

I can't remember if I said thanks...so THANKS  you fcuking cock!

I've since found a member of DW with the bits I need, sent the payment through paypal and I'm told I'll have a message back to me by 10am with a tracking number. That's how to do business and this guy isn't even a trader.

Excuse me?

If you'd purchased the Hydro via our website it would have been dispatched yesterday!

The fact of the matter is you wanted it on the cheap, ie cash in hand/off the books, which I agreed to do on the basis you'd be collecting it Saturday afternoon.

You couldn't make it Saturday, fair enough, so I then attempted to help you out by putting it into my car to meet you Sunday. I was then unfortunately busy Sunday helping my dad; I spoke to you and explained the situation.

I was very busy yesterday, and I unfortunately didn't get the invoice sorted and sent, though being a private sale this couldn't take priority over other work/paying customers in the workshop...

Again if you'd paid the retail price and place the order via our ecommerce website this would have been a different matter.

I'm sorry if you think I've somehow wronged you, but at the end of the day this was nothing to do with the company.

This was a private sale.

Tbh I'm a bit miffed why you have started this thread...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Ignoring the weekend thing, as that's an unusual situation (if I owned a company, I'm sorry you wouldn't be collecting off me on a Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend!) the service on Tuesday was appalling. That stuff should have been with you today, it sounds as if he didn't want your business yesterday, you did the right thing in going elsewhere
    This was a private sale, if he'd been happy to pay retail and order the Hydro via our website it would have been sent yesterday.

Rides
    It never helps making vague arrangements either If you're doing this sort of thing you're better off specifying a date / time & place to meet so that both sides know exactly where they need to be and when

Edit: Before either of you get irritated by the above comment, that was just a helpful tip btw, not me having a go at either side!

Rides
    Jaysx

What ever the situation it is really not cool to hurl childish insults at a person aswell as trying to publicly damage their reputation and livelyhood just because you didnt get your item in the timeframe that you wanted it. Nobody is perfect dude.

Right now you have managed to make yourself look a hell of alot worse than anything Project D may or may not have done.

Dude get over yourself and get a life

Rides
    Can't see why the original poster is getting slagged off.

Even if it was a bank holiday. A company shouldnt make promises it can't keep. If the seller was busy and couldnt meet the demand then he should say so. and agree to post out when possible.

Doesnt matter if your a BDC superpro or a chav, your a customer all the same

and Zingman, if Project D agreed to meet on sunday then he should have done so, or informed him that he couldnt. rather than both people getting messed around.

And when you trade on a forum openly, then your going to good and bad praise.
    Last edited by MagicMat; 31-08-2011 at 11:05.

Rides
    You're lucky to even have been given the time of day on a bank holiday weekend! It's unfortunate that you didn't get your parts, but is it really the end of the world? And is it Project-D's fault that the guy tried to help you out but ended up having more important things to do?