Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1343

Thread: Riots!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    id like one of those land rovers as a daily
    I'll have one of the grey ones you used to see. Can't find any pics though.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynB85 View Post
    I haven't seen one with people being thrown over

POW! Right in the kisser. Best bit is earlier in the vid, the rest doesn't show much!

Rides
    That's a good video.

Rides
    Funny sign ...... shame its wit will go amis with the rioters who wont know half the words ..... then again the teachers involved in the riots can probably read

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    then again the teachers involved in the riots can probably read
    That's debatable.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Silane View Post

What's even more interesting is that Sikhs and Muslims were working together to protect themselves against these thieves! They are two groups of people who probably have the most hatred for each other in the whole world....
    Don't forget that along with the Sikh's & Muslims were Christians and Hindu's aswell. Now that's community spirit

Rides
    The Korean's are nuts

http://youtu.be/7rCSu9GO1ps?t=1m57s

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by immy21 View Post
    A bit overkill to catch a stray dog no?

It was the only front on pic I could find of the landrovers in formation, people dont tend to hang around in front of them and take photographs

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Don't forget that along with the Sikh's & Muslims were Christians and Hindu's aswell. Now that's community spirit
    Of course, not to mention all those that helped out with the cleanup.

My point was that 2 groups of people who (according to most people) share a deep hatred for each other, specifically worked together. If multiculturalism is to blame for all this then why was everyone working together?

Easy to pass the blame on to others, eh.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zornyan View Post
    Erm hes in the force, try reading my above copy and paste from his post.
    Considering that the stationing of certain regiments is covered by National Security, mentioning the supposed activities of such individuals in the event of such scenarios should be considered bollocks at best.

Now back to the Police and their response. Having thought about this, it's a tricky situation where the Police are effectively in a no win situation.

We can't honestly expect the country's police Force to be able to front adequate protection in situations like this, simply because they don't have the manpower. Saying they should have the manpower is never going to happen simply due to the fact that there is not the expectation of mass riots on a daily basis.

At the same time, we cannot expect the Army to be involved as most of them are trained to a completely different set of scenarios to the police, however a mate in the TA did tell me that they receive anti riot training.

Docwra's right, we have a law and it should be enforced where no one is above the law..... thus perhaps the beating of those rioters in that video is wrong as they had not been tried and convicted of a crime and we live in a country where beatings like that wouldn't happen even after conviction. However, these are special circumstances. I don't know what the answer is, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over some riot police perhaps stepping over the mark with someone who is obviously up to no good, considering we were told to stay at home. What I will say though is, If you're looting or damaging property or assaulting other members of the public, then you're a legitimate target for a baton round. And I might also say to Doc that he may feel differently if his community was torn apart by rioters.

Finally, I can also accept the government is in a tricky situation. They cannot be seen 1 minute condemning the action of other governments against rioting protestors and then go in heavy handed in this country. It would be double standards.

Me? I'm lucky I'm not involved in any of it and am therefore entitled to come to my own opinion, whether it is supported or condemned by the majority - this is the freedom that we enjoy and should cherish.

Rides
    What about that snow plough tractor on top gear with the flame thrower, that'll get em shifting!

Rides
    There's a clue in their name that they aren't going to be traffic cops

Wonder if it worked?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zornyan View Post
    I thought that bbm said their messages aren't traceable? Due to not having a fingerprint left by messages or something like that?
    Hmm, I've probably said more than I should

Rides
    is that Michael Jackson at 1:14 in the vid?

Rides
    All quiet on the West Midlands front.

If anything happens these guys will be there:

http://sangattelevision.org/

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Uhhh, Canada is one of the most multicultural countries going. Ever been to Toronto? I have, many times, since a large amount of my (non-white) family lives there

Its so clean/peaceful that it makes the US and the UK feel archaic.

Yea, Canada. They don't let any darkies in...

Couldn't have said it better - the vast majority of my team in Canada are Chinese, Native American, Hispanic etc

Rides
    When I was in Vancouver and Whistler I think I saw more Chinese people than er not Chinese people.

Rides
    I mentioned last night that up the road in Eltham, Millwall fans/locals were patrolling the streets looking for rioters, then trying to march on Lewisham - its hit sky news tonight, after they clashed with rioters this evening.

EDIT: Just been told it's not a clash, but a stand off with the Police and the locals!
    Last edited by Kazuya Mishima; 10-08-2011 at 21:14.

Rides
    if anyone plays the 'it's all the coloured folk/immigrants' card, I'm going to actually punch them - in Manchester it was 80% white people doing it. In Salford, it was 99% white.

It was a herd mentality, most of them hadn't even stopped the think why they were doing it, not just 'free stuff, innit.'

they'd done a pretty shit job - Manchester was nowhere near the scale of London and they've already arrested a fair whack of people. Considering the vast majority were too stupid to properly cover their faces.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marko14a View Post
    I'll have one of the grey ones you used to see. Can't find any pics though.
    The grey ones were RUC colours. The white ones are the same design (still with a V8) but they just all got painted white in 1999.

Last edited by davecoupe; 10-08-2011 at 21:37.