Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: In the market for a new watch

Rides
    That one sounds like it's a damn close copy.

Rides
    Has anyone on here actually ordered from TSwatch2004.com before?

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I know precisely nothing about smart watches, but there's an article in this month's CAR magazine, saying that many Swiss brands use movements bought in from a company called ETA.
    They were reviewing four which don't.

They were,Nomos Zurich World Time, Dirk Dornblüth & Sohn Regulator, Audemars Piquet Royal Oak, Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Annual Calendar.
    I recently heard Omega don't make inhouse movements anymore and wouldn't be surprised if they used ETA movements, considering they are both part of the Swatch group

Rides

Rides
    Beautiful ^

Rides
    Prices from £3250
    Not for us mere mortals then

Rides
    Wow, that IWC is gorgeous! I'd imagine there is at least a 5 figure price tag attached though

The next type of watch on my wish list is a smart silver face with brown strap. I'm currently liking:

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Has anyone on here actually ordered from TSwatch2004.com before?
    Would be keen to hear too, I really fancy a Seamaster and have been looking at used ones, but it's still a lot to layout on a wristwatch when I don't yet own property...

Rides
    Love seamasters but they are too expensive even 2nd hand and there are loads of fakes which really worries me when looking on the Bay of E. There are a few Japanese seller that are very highly rated that are prolific on eBay with almost new watches.

Rides
    Yup, spotted the Japanese ones but didn't know if they were hooky or not. Even if you get stung for tax at customs they'd still be cheaper than other used Seamasters I've seen in the usual places like watchfinder and other jeweller types online.

Rides
    Yea the Asia market is an odd one, it seems they aren't arsed unless its the newest version, in other word they want the new model not the out going. Thus the reason for so many good examples comes from the east.

Rides
    Might be worth watching then, cheers (pun intended)

Rides
    I've had a couple from another website which looks to be the same watches as on that tswatch website, same specs and movements etc. I had a tag carrera and have a patek philippe just now. They look the part, the patek I have just now looks excellent imo. Problems are the tag rep strap broken when there was a rammy in a dundee nightclub, loads of pushing around and after it settle the watch was gone. And on both watches the automatic winding got shite, now I just wind the bigger on.

You can buy the copies which actually have ETA internals, just like the real deal, they are usually about 300 odd. The mark up on the real deal must be phenomenal.

HTH,

Dunc.

Rides
    This isn't the one I had, it had a Asian copy movement of the swiss one, this seems to have a swiss one. I read up on replica forums and they reckoned this guy (josh) was top notch. My experience as above though (with Asian internals)

http://www.pc8838.com/tag-heuer-c-55...ath=55_214_409

Dunc

Rides
    I'd like to have experience of Asian internals

Rides
    Some of those replica watch forums are quite informative, they seem very enthusiastic about the whole thing and seek out sellers with the best standards and QC.

Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    I'd like to have experience of Asian internals
    Just make sure you check the mechanism first tho yea?
    I've heard some of the models coming out of Thailand aren't what they appear

Rides
    Ive recently been looking in watches. Dont have the big funds to allow high end pieces, so have been looking at the secondhand/rep market.

Im actually after 2, a classic vintage style like the black hamilton posted earlier (black on black is my thing)

And a more chunky manly watch like a seamaster, i really fancy something like a red/black face with black or a dark polished strap.

So would second hand be better, or are these copies worth a thought? Is there anywhere that does the seamasters or planet oceans with eta internals?

Just want something that feels well made, looks the business and works

Rides
    If you want a genuine watch then you've really gotta suck it up and buy from a proper shop - don't even consider eBay unless you really know what you're doing.
    There are so many fakes, and the fakes are so realistic that you don't wanna pay 'real' money for a replica (if you know what I mean)

Here a couple of places that sell used Omega's, realistically you're gunna pay at least a grand.

http://www.austinkaye.co.uk/Category...yID=115&Page=0

http://watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Seama...rice_ets%20asc

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dunc View Post

You can buy the copies which actually have ETA internals, just like the real deal, they are usually about 300 odd. The mark up on the real deal must be phenomenal.

HTH,

Dunc.
    They don't have the same ETA ebauche in them. The real ones have a more precise one. And then they generally assemble them with their own springs