Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: In the market for a new watch

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_s13 View Post
    if its just as a bit of jewellery (and i may get flamed for this) just buy a rep http://swissreplica.co.uk/
    I'd agree.

Dunc.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Lovely watch but i don't do gold mate, clashes with my hair
    Haha its only a little bit mate mainly silver if if you want any pics just let me know

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by centurion View Post
    I had one of these bought for me by my ex wife

Its a nice looking watch but very heavy and has been known to make my wrist ache if i wear it alot. also it has to be worn to keep its time as it has an auto winder. But not bad as a pressy
    Funnily enough,i have a simular Lacroix also bought by my ex wife!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    This is the one I meant:
    http://www.oris.ch/collections/colle...en&modelid=367

I think it's out of budget though - can't find a price for that actual watch but it appears others are £2k ish

Rides
    Some nice ones there arry, shame the ones I like the look of are Williams F1 watches, why do they do that?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dunc View Post
    Some nice ones there arry, shame the ones I like the look of are Williams F1 watches, why do they do that?
    I know, I saw those as well, I quite liked it too - but I just can't help but feel dirty even contemplating getting one

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_s13 View Post
    if its just as a bit of jewellery (and i may get flamed for this) just buy a rep http://swissreplica.co.uk/
    Hmmm. This might be the only way I can justify getting myself an Omega Speedmaster (First Watch On the Moon - Yes, I'm a super geek).

I nearly bought a genuine one a few months ago, but decided to use the money to go to Peru instead.

Rides
    I didn't in the end get a watch.... I ended up having a dip in my friend's hot tub and decided I want one of those instead so need to save a bit more........

Plus pick pocketed at Waterloo Station and realised if I spent loads on a watch, I'd be so upset if it got nicked.... because I would have to wear it

Rides
    I'm still undecided too, just for the reason I'm not sure I want to walk around with a couple of grand's worth of jewellery on me.

That and the fact I've realised that if you want a nice watch that you like the look of, with a decent name on it, then it's £2k upwards rather than £1k and some change. £2k for me is my garden hard landscaped, or my new front door, or hallway replastered etc. Takes some putting into perspective.

Rides
    I'm still undecided too, just for the reason I'm not sure I want to walk around with a couple of grand's worth of jewellery on me.

I hardly wear my Omega Constellation as it is.... suddenly thought do I need another watch

Rides
    I hardly ever wear my Breitling, because I got too pissed and will have it nicked or lose it.

I lost a moderately expensive watch (a Rotary) back in 1999 at one night at Hollywoods

Rides
    Weak, this one turns into a robot to protect you

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    I hardly ever wear my Breitling, because I got too pissed and will have it nicked or lose it.

I lost a moderately expensive watch (a Rotary) back in 1999 at one night at Hollywoods
    Hollywoods!!! Wooooooooooo - I remember many a drunken night there

Word is.. it has changed it's name back to Hollywoods now

Rides
    It's a block of flats now. Sort of a shame I guess

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    It's a block of flats now. Sort of a shame I guess
    Is it? Shame... but then I did stop going there.... started going to Palms on the 127 and then migrated to Epping Forest Country Club what a shit hole that became

Rides
    got this on the way

Last edited by sparkyhx; 19-09-2011 at 21:21.

Rides
    Decided against buying anything in the end.

Went out and had a feel of the Tag Carreras, Omega Seamasters, Oris F1's, Hamiltons, and a few others and the only thing I could find that I really felt was pulling me towards it was the Tag, but I don't like the strap colours, and I'd be damned I can pay £2.6k for something I'm not entirely comfortable with. Got the Oris F1 down to £1500 in the end but again, it didn't feel like £1500 worth of watch - the quality of the Tag actually shone out past it compared but I couldn't justify the budget.

This all coincided with getting my mortgage statement through and taking a depressing look at the reality of negative equity and compound interest. Nothing quite as eye opening as this.

Rides
    i have a vintage 1952 omega seamaster in gold that was only £300 from an antiques fair,

maybe try something vintage, nothing quite like a mechanical watch for craftsmanship

Rides
    HTC Desire or even an iPhone will do the same job very well a lot cheaper ...

Rides
    http://www.christopherward.co.uk/wat...9-jh-sstr.html

Have two watches from these guys, one's an auto, and I have to say that I'm extremely pleased with both. Very good value for money and not too many people have them. Loads of people comment on how nice they look.