Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 461 to 477 of 477

Thread: In the market for a new watch

  1. #461
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Talking of other watches - anyone seen these yet?



    Not my usual fare but I really like that.
    By the way, guess who might have accidentally bought a Darkmoon whilst stuck at home with Covid over Christmas

  2. #462
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,919
    Rides
    0
    I really like that U-Boat watch, just a pity that it is the size of a kitchen wall clock. :-(

  3. #463
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    It's not too bad, the Darkmoon - it's 'only' a 44mm which on a decent sized wrist isn't massive really. It wears a lot more snugly than you'd think albeit it's quite a thick watch at the centre of its domed sapphire.

    This is my one - I would take a picture of my actual one rather than the stock renders but..... it's bloody difficult to photograph And read





    The big improvement over the Capsoil is the separated battery chamber:



    Without that, you're sending the watch back to U Boat in Italy every time it needs a battery


    It's a bit of a pointless gimmick piece, but it does look really, really cool and it's extremely well made - the case and strap are excellent.

  4. #464
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,919
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    It's not too bad, the Darkmoon - it's 'only' a 44mm which on a decent sized wrist isn't massive really. It wears a lot more snugly than you'd think albeit it's quite a thick watch at the centre of its domed sapphire.

    This is my one - I would take a picture of my actual one rather than the stock renders but..... it's bloody difficult to photograph And read





    The big improvement over the Capsoil is the separated battery chamber:



    Without that, you're sending the watch back to U Boat in Italy every time it needs a battery


    It's a bit of a pointless gimmick piece, but it does look really, really cool and it's extremely well made - the case and strap are excellent.
    That is class looking. But I won't wear anything bigger than 38mm. Most of my watches are vintage so are 36mm. I have chicken arms! ;-)

  5. #465
    I <3 BBS LM Actual_Ben_Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    23,638
    Rides
    0
    Afrer seeing that Darkmoon I googled oil filled watches... and discovered the totally bonkers Ressence Type 3



    https://cache.mrporter.com/variants/...787/detail.mp4

  6. #466
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    It's ace isn't it. Love that.

  7. #467
    I <3 BBS LM Actual_Ben_Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    23,638
    Rides
    0
    My two favourites


  8. #468
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    Great combo

    Is it any surprise whatsoever that I've gone a bit mad and bought about another 3 watches since my last post?

  9. #469
    I <3 BBS LM Actual_Ben_Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    23,638
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Great combo

    Is it any surprise whatsoever that I've gone a bit mad and bought about another 3 watches since my last post?
    No, it comes as no surprise...

    I got annoyed about the Moonswatch situation so I'm just going to buy the real thing now.

  10. #470
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    No, it comes as no surprise...
    None at all

    94 grams of titanium microbrand field watch


    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    I got annoyed about the Moonswatch situation so I'm just going to buy the real thing now.
    I guess that's what they hope for - maybe.

    I've seen lots of reviews that are less than favourable but still I'd have chucked a couple of hundred at one.

  11. #471
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    Did another ooopsie:


  12. #472
    Guest DLowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    7,759
    Rides
    0
    More awesome looking time pieces, very nice.

    When I got my longines I did look at the tudor pelagos, was very nice but I couldn't get past the squared off "snowflake" hour hand... I like my pointy things to point at them, so it put me off a bit .... but a guy at work has just had the limited edition french navy one... I'm getting drawn into that, very nice....



    Plus just seen the new breitling superocean I was planning on one of them in the future... not now:



    Side note...

    I've not really taken my hydroconquest off since I got it last October, it's been mountain biking, on the motorbike, work every day, gardening etc. Only removed for building work and welding.

    It's holding up very well, got 1 small mark on the crystal, but the bracelet is showing some bad swirls and scuffs:



    What do people recommend for keeping these in good order?

    Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

  13. #473
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    I like that Tudor

    On the bracelets - no idea mate, mine always seem to stay in good nick Desk dweller innit.

    I've been busy again - my 3rd Christopher Ward has arrived, and it's a belter:


  14. #474
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    Just seen that Seiko have done a Seiko 5 with GMT function - NH34 movement. Given the number of microbrands using NH35/36's - I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say expect a LOT of microbrand GMT's coming out in the next 12 months. Should be some cracking deals

  15. #475
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,919
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DLowe View Post
    What do people recommend for keeping these in good order?

    Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
    They will show the scars of life unless you take them off for rough work. Get a good Casio for rough work.

  16. #476
    Guest arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    64,830
    Rides
    0
    https://www.recwatches.com/collectio...cts/ttt-escape

    Just seen this on a motorcycling YouTube video.

    Made from the (unserviceable) metal parts of the Great Escape motorcycle.

    Can't help but like it even if it's overdone a bit, and 'only' has an SW200 movement in the back of it (which despite having a few watches with, I'm not a massive fan of).

  17. #477
    Guest DLowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    7,759
    Rides
    0
    Bit out of my range at the min, but this looks a good deal for a 18k gold.


    Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •