Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: In the market for a new watch

Rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides

Rides
    Had a new strap put on the Cyma. Going to cost nearly a grand for the strap on the Omega.

They say your biggest purchase after a house is cars. Perhaps the biggest purchase after cars is man Jewelry

I always thought I collected Sunglasses, turns out I collect watches, I have 13. 3 Omegas
    I’m not listening to Ben Taylor, because I don’t actually own a Rolex

My Mum does. My Dad bought it for her. She’s always thought it was a fake, but it isn’t

Does the Apple count as a digital watch , because I have lost the LED one I had

Rides
    Just polished them and look spanking new.

So now I have 3 Omegas, a Cyma Navystar which I’m giving to my Brother, a couple of vintage Swatch including the beep (pager watch) a Tag Which I had forgotten about and found my Dad’s Rolex Oyster Datejust

The cheaper ones top out with an original Seiko Kinetic Titanium and me Rip Curl Tidemaster for surfing

Rides
    Pretty pretentious rather than stylish like the ones Arry has

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Going to cost nearly a grand for the strap on the Omega.
    Loads of places for really good quality straps at a lot less than that. StevoStraps can - in all probability - match your existing for both material and quality for a tenth of that price.

Rides
    Pretty pretentious rather than stylish like the ones Arry has
    Aw thanks mate. I do think I've picked well - albeit I'm regretting the IWC because I very rarely wear it.

Believe it or not my SARB has been the more often than not choice.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Aw thanks mate. I do think I've picked well - albeit I'm regretting the IWC because I very rarely wear it.

Believe it or not my SARB has been the more often than not choice.
    How come you’re not wearing it?

Rides
    Wanted one of these for a while, bit of a guilty pleasure:

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post

You’ve never got hold of one of those???

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    You’ve never got hold of one of those???
    I totally have and from an AD

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    How come you’re not wearing it?
    Too many watches, not enough time It only comes out for the big occasions, really, or if I need to cheer myself up (which should mean it comes out all the time but still )

Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Ha, cool From an AD even better; not like you'll lose any money on that one even if you do decide to flip it on.

Rides
    Too many watches, not enough time It only comes out for the big occasions, really, or if I need to cheer myself up (which should mean it comes out all the time but still )

Ha, cool From an AD even better; not like you'll lose any money on that one even if you do decide to flip it on.
    What’s an AD? MIchelle bought my Planet Ocean from Goldsmiths

Rides
    What’s an AD? MIchelle bought my Planet Ocean from Goldsmiths
    Authorised Dealer. In other words - a right bugger that you have to get proper close to licking the scrotum and gooch of if you want a new Rolex without paying a premium for someone's 'flipped' example.

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    Read through some of this. Then skipped a bit... OK some look pretty but what do they do that my £150 Casio g shock doesn't? Plus, if/when I smack up the Casio I won't be in shock at the cost of replacing it. Sorry guys, I just don't get the watch thing.

I did see a pretty one on pinterest made of crystal with a gold dragon and planets in it. No idea on pricing but it was probably way more than I would spend on anything other than a nice car or a house!
    Errrrr..... My opinion has been changed. I broke my G-Shock

So bought a new watch and decided to spend a bit more on it. Its quite nice and whilst on a work trip to Spain recently, I was seconds away from pulling out the credit card in the duty free area for another watch. Thankfully (for bank balance and a peaceful home life) my colleague dragged me away.

BTW, the " pretty one on pinterest made of crystal with a gold dragon and planets in it" was the Jacob & Co Grand Complication Astronomia Dragon https://www.jacobandco.com/timepieces/astronomia-dragon and is a unique piece.

Mine (not as expensive as many but it was more than I ever spent on one before - btw, the G-Shock was paid for with shopping vouchers supplied as a reward in lieu of a bonus at work):

And Bex is slightly concerned I may have a new expensive addiction...

Rides
    Errrrr..... My opinion has been changed. I broke my G-Shock

So bought a new watch and decided to spend a bit more on it. Its quite nice and whilst on a work trip to Spain recently, I was seconds away from pulling out the credit card in the duty free area for another watch. Thankfully (for bank balance and a peaceful home life) my colleague dragged me away.

BTW, the " pretty one on pinterest made of crystal with a gold dragon and planets in it" was the Jacob & Co Grand Complication Astronomia Dragon https://www.jacobandco.com/timepieces/astronomia-dragon and is a unique piece.

Mine (not as expensive as many but it was more than I ever spent on one before - btw, the G-Shock was paid for with shopping vouchers supplied as a reward in lieu of a bonus at work):

Welcome to the club

Rides
    For some reason I have fallen in love with my Rip Curl again

It looks horrible, but almost chronograph like because it has 3 extra dials for tide range, tide height and moon phase (so you know if it is a spring tide)

Not that I am any good at surfing - I can stand on a board, live on the wrong side of the country, but I still love it, just like my old S13

Rides
    Haha! It gets you in the end. That one could be a bit of a museum piece what with Toro Rosso rebranding next year - might be worth keeping it in a box and buying something else, you know, just in case

Rides
    Haha! It gets you in the end. That one could be a bit of a museum piece what with Toro Rosso rebranding next year - might be worth keeping it in a box and buying something else, you know, just in case
    Have you ever bought any watches that now you regret?

I have a Tag Heuer that is the most ugly watch I think of now, would never wear it, would never post a pic because of the embarrassment !

I gave my younger brother the Cyma, as it didn’t feel right for me to keep all my Dad’s watches. When GT decides I’m finally worth talking to he gets my Grand Dad’s Omega. My Dad’s Wedding Omega will stay with me. Those were the days, my parents spent a lot of money on expensive jewellery for each other.

I’ve got another somewhere that has a 31 Jewel Movement (Unheard of in the the 1940s)

So does anyone know where I can get a new capacitor for an original Seiko Kinetic Titanium?

I do have a Rolex Datejust, but never wear it because the style was copied by everyone (Citizen, Sekonda) although that may not be a bad thing

Rides
    Have you ever bought any watches that now you regret?
    Not really - other than my IWC; it's too expensive, and too dressy for anything other than a posh day out which I rarely do. As a result it doesn't get worn that much, which is a waste. I could have had 3 really nice watches for the same cost.