Thread: When was the last time you "detailed" a car??

Rides

When was the last time you "detailed" a car??

Because f*ck me, it's way harder than I remembered.

Don't think I've properly washed, clayed, DA'd and multiple layerd wax on a car since before I painted the S14 nato green.

Its turned out fantastical for a 13yr old motor, especially as it had never been anywhere but a local car wash and the paint felt like sandpaper.

The question is tho, has anything changed in the last decade? Is there some new magic coating or treatment I should now be using instead of the tried and tested poorboys natty paste (the same pot I used on the S14 back in 2009)...

And spam up the thread with your own efforts as it's been a while since there was a show off your motor thread

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    I washed my car for the first time in 2 years the other day. I used Würth brake cleaner to get all the tar off.

I think life gets in the way of detailing

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rides
    I don't have any intentions of going this far again for a while, but felt it deserved a proper going over at least once....

Now just to keep ontop of it so stays looking smart, keep reading mixed opinions on this ceramic coating stuff, certainly nothing that sounds better than the natty paste wax.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Rides
    i used to live next to a train tracks so over time my cars would get covered in metal filing that would stick to the paint and rust so i had to clay bar and polish quite often which really annoyed me.
    i could really do with detailing my van as the paint now has a matt white finish.

Rides
    I do my party bus (Elgrand E51) occasionally since it still has nice paint. The S13 is lucky if it doesn't have mould on.

it's the size of the vehicle and your age - S13s / 14s are pretty small relatively, doors are much shorter etc that and I'm knocking on 40 now, I was what, 19 when I joined the SXOC

in terms of the wax, I use Mothers ceramic spray or the weird ceramic stuff off Aliexpress. I don't tend to use a paste wax anymore. I only use paint correcting stuff to get the schmutz off along with clay bays.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.