Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just noticed this monster for sale on pistonheads

Rides

just noticed this monster for sale on pistonheads

always wondered what happened to this car after it was in banzai,

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3062996.htm

Rides
    Ahh, there's a little blast from the past. The man who went from forum zero to forum hero overnight, what a build!

But as beautiful as it is, I wonder if I'm the only one thinking what I'm thinking.....

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    But as beautiful as it is, I wonder if I'm the only one thinking what I'm thinking.....
    Is it
    How ****ing much?!!?

Rides
    Do your thoughts contain a 2 a K an 8 and many ?????

Rides
    i'd want a stonking built engine and sequential box for that money in all honesty

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides

not wrong

Great car but mental akkers!

Is it really 360 Hu Pu's. Light it maybe, but surely it needs an engine....?

Priced for hours taken, sure, but we all know you don't get that back.

Ah well.

R.

Rides
    Ha. It seems everyone has guessed my transparent thoughts

To be fair, it would be awesome for him if he could get that money. But realistically I think BWanderers has said it all:

Quote Originally Posted by BWanderers
    Priced for hours taken, sure, but we all know you don't get that back
    Either way, it's still a totally awesome car and an absolute one of a kind in the world. I am wondering how race ready it is mind, I believe he built the cage himself so he will have needed quite a bit to get it MSA/FIA approved.

Rides
    awsome build i remember seeing it in one of the car mags, and fair play to the chap, but for that sort for that sort of cash you can put a deposit down on a house, or buy something which is comfy lol

Rides
    Nice car but I think he'll struggle to get 8k let alone 28k.

Rides
    Like everyones said it is a fecking awsome car but for that type of cash I'd want a serious engine and drivetrain to go with it.

Rides
    Awesome build, and nice car but yeah......

Half the price and I could see it going.

Rides
    Woohoo my rb s14's is more power n about same weight, cud I get £28k for it ?

Rides
    Looks very tidy, but realistically it worth half of that, I think it's awesome, we all do, but to most buyers it's a s14 running 3a power that's got a cage (as someone mentioned possibly not even fia/msa certified) been seam welded and has a decent setup for track like the plumbed in fire extinguisher.

If it had 6-700bhp with a hks gearbox and some other bits then it might do 20k but Jesus, you could get a 200 with any engine you want, v8, rb, forged sr etc for half that with alot of goodies.

Unfortunately as we all know you never see even half your money back from modding cars, it's a sad part of life but power and performance are cheap now and most buyers wouldnt want to part 28k for an average powered 14.

Wish him best of luck but he needs to think of his pricing more realistically

Rides
    If the cage is made from 2" CDS tubing and has the correct size and thickness feet. And has been 100% welded on all of the top unseen welds then he can get I checked by a scrutineer and they will deem it safe or not and put a sticker on it. It doesn't have to be fia to begin with. There is a whole section on making cages in the blue book to follow.

It is an awesome car but id want a 10k+ engine build for that money. It's only really worth I'd say 10k to the right person.

Rides
    I was looking and thought, bet that's expensive about 10-12 grand, then looked at the actual asking price an nearly fell over!!!
    I reckon he has a wait on his hands
    Granted it's a nice car but my dads 700 bhp evo 9 would destroy it, handle better, looks better and would be allot better to use on the road! And it's nearly 10 years newer than the sx! And my dads evo didn't cost nearly 30 grand! Probably closer to Half that

Rides
    Was waiting to see 8-10 k , can't see anyone buying at that price

Rides
    Yes m.d but it costs a few quid to do and is another job for new owner, plus it's something that possible buyers will think "if it was good enough to be fia certified then why didn't he" I don't know the guy or his build thread but it's easily enough to make a mistake that could make it uncertifiable.

Anywas as above, vfm wise it's pretty poor, my friend paid 7 odd grand for his r32 gtr v spec which was very well built and was running 600 odd bhp, again as matey above said it would annihilate this all day long on track.

Rides
    while i agree the pricing is optimistic it is fairly evident that a few people commenting here haven't seen the build thread. this car is a racecar quality build with amazing attention to detail, a full aero package and will kill cars much more powerful just with it's handling alone

Rides
    Haha 28k !! Have a look on powerVehicles website and see what ya can get for that money ! Not dissing his car at all ! But 28k is just silly

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_e1 View Post
    while i agree the pricing is optimistic it is fairly evident that a few people commenting here haven't seen the build thread. this car is a racecar quality build with amazing attention to detail, a full aero package and will kill cars much more powerful just with it's handling alone
    I think with all that aero, if designed correctly, wll show up an evo in the twistys no matter how many hp's it has lol - then your back onto the the potayyto potaaahto argument

My dads bogey green renault scenic is faster than your dads car etc. etc...