Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Project 180

Rides
    Tyres came today. Federal 595 RS-R 255/35/R18. Just waiting on wheels coming then its off to chizfab to make them fit.

Rides
    Clean 180.

Rides
    Yeah,wheels came today. 18x10.5 et15

Last edited by paddy155; 18-06-2012 at 17:09.

Rides
    mmmm nice

Rides
    Managed to get my tyres fitted and wheels balanced today. As the rain held off I decided to trial fit a 18x10.5 et15 on the back and move the existing 18" x 9" Et35 rear up front keeping the 20mm bolt on spacer in place. Needed an idea of what sort of work would be involved with the rear arches.

Before

After

I would have liked to have got a camera shot of the rear from further back but couldn't get the car out the drive as the arch was hitting the rear tyre.
    Spoke with the person doing the work to the arches and he said there is a bit of work involved in the rear's. He made me aware that there is a chance that the paint could crack and may need painted as it will be a lot of stress on the paint even altough my arches are solid and paint in good condition. If it happens,it happens. Will be worth it for the final result.
    Last edited by paddy155; 20-06-2012 at 21:13.

Rides
    jealous much

Rides
    How the **** have I not seen this thread?

OMG

AMAZING

If I sell my S14 I'm looking at a certain 180. I already have ganadors and a Kouki spoiler for it!
    Last edited by Ross.; 22-06-2012 at 17:02.

Rides
    Couple of randoms...

Rides
    So took the car to Kyle at Chizfab yesterday in order to get my new rear wheels to fit. Kyle made me aware that the paint could potentially crack under the stress but I already new this could happen and I was prepared that the quarter panel could also pop in due to the stress. Kyle explained everything fully before he got underway just incase I decided to change my mind. I was happy the car was in safe hands.
    So the plan was to fit the new rear wheels (18x10.5 et15/Federal 595 RS-R 255/35/R18 tyre) on the rear and move the current wheels on the rear up front (18x9 et35/ Budget 225/40 R18 tyre and 20mm bolt on spacer).

A few pics from the day.

The end result

Crap picture but kind of shows the stance from the back

I am very happy with the end result. The paint has flaked on the underside of one arch. Not very bad or even noticable but I know it's there. This was actually my fault as I trail fitted a set of wheels earlier in the year and they were rubbing so rubbered the paint off under the arch. The plan is to have the car put into a bodyshop and have a few pieces touched up so arches will be done then. The quarter panels did push in ever so slightly. Might just be a case of packing out behind the quarter panel with something to push it out.
    I am unable to fit the wheels up front atm. The wheels are already set to maximum camber up front so need to swap tyres around to run a slight stretch. Should get that done this week and can then get some proper pictures
    Last edited by paddy155; 24-06-2012 at 11:55.

Rides
    Wow, good job!

Rides
    Absolute filth! In a good way! Great attention to detail, can't wait to see it with the fronts sorted as well

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    AWESOME PADDY!!!

Definetly going to Chizfab to get my arches rolled FO SHO!

Rides
    stunning car! very very tidy arch work!
    i wish we had more cars like this in ireland. your very lucky
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
    stunning car! very very tidy arch work!
    i wish we had more cars like this in ireland. your very lucky
    Thanks neelie. Got the rears on so job is to get the fronts to fit properly. For some weird reason one wheel clears the coilover yet on the other side it hits it. Both are set to same camber. That shall be sundays job if this bloody rain stops.

Rides
    Well guy's. Not a lot has been going on with my 180. Infact,nothing since coming back from the weekender. The car is currently stored away from the elements outside in a nice secure garage.
    There have been so many idea's going through my head as to what direction to go with the car. Big power from v8 convrsion,tune the sr,change the kit. The list goes on and on. Feel's I'm constantly wanting to change something. So I had a good long hard think about this. I can confirm that this is a 180 x type. Some thought it wasn't because of interior or kit. The seats and kit have been changed through time in japan. Infact some of the kouki kit was on it in japan when Jm imports bought it. I have seen the pictures. Now,I have really been tempted to sell it or swap it. I was going to swap for an evo again and use as a daily. Rain,hail,snow the lot. Reason being,it feels more like a show car than anything else. The majority of s-body owners are out on track having fun with grip or drift sessions. Where is mine. Sitting in the drive looking all shiney and pretty. It's giving me no joy other than being the owner. Infact,I actually hate driving it in the rain as the underside is so clean so it will never be a daily.
    So,what have I decided to do. Well,firstly. I will be keeping it. I love it to bits and would regret selling. Also,the car is bought and paid for and I am not desprate for cash. I also have somewhere to keep it dry stored. So, after i get married this year,I intend to refit the kouki x type kit along with 180sx logo seats. I may tune it to around 300hp and be happy with that. I intend to keep it highly maintened and pretty much standard. It will come out in the good weather which is rare in the uk and come along to show's each year that the sxoc put's on. It is actually pretty rare now to see a standard car on this forum. Also,why do I want to change so much. The kouki kit is perfection on a s13. In my eyes anyway. I also see so may cars being broke these days and don't want this with mine. Hopefully I can keep it well maintained and problem free for many years to come.

Well,what am I going to do now to occupy my time when the 180 is away.

This Bmw 316i compact

The car will be built for some abuse on the track

Here are a couple of pics from this year where I had most fun with the sxoc.

Last edited by Paddy; 09-09-2012 at 19:00.

Rides
    I've said it before & I'll say it again: that is one gorgeous 180SX..... What're you doing with the Compact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    It does not have to be a show pony mate, keep it as it is and just drive it! Nobody gets to see it if its tucked away all the time gorgeous car by the way top effort!
    Last edited by SXRORY; 16-09-2012 at 13:31.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    I've said it before & I'll say it again: that is one gorgeous 180SX..... What're you doing with the Compact?
    Sorry for late reply JP. Thanks again for the complement's. The compact has now gone unfortunately. Ended up I had 3 project cars on the go. Not good on my bank balance and a wedding coming up. Something had to go. Unfortunately the bmw.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRORY View Post
    It does not have to be a show pony mate, keep it as it is and just drive it! Nobody gets to see it if its tucked away all the time gorgeous car by the way top effort!
    Quite happy to keep it a show pony now mate. We got a new daily which is quite fun. When I say show pony,it wont be out like once a year but I will not be using it in the wet really or winter. Dry weather only apart from sxoc stand's ect. Intend to keep car in best possible condition. Again,thanks for the complement.
    Last edited by Paddy; 16-11-2012 at 15:10.

Rides
    I did say I wouldn't be spending anymore money on the car to after my wedding but when this came up I had to have it

Not the best pic as was late when I got home from collecting it but we all know what it is. Genuine kouki aero kit aprt from the lip which is majic aero. The lip might be replaced with genuine lip as this one is cracked. Will see what bodyshop say's.