Thread: Sky insurance premium increase

Rides

Sky insurance premium increase

I took my insurance out with Sky last year as I was pretty pleased with the quote they gave me, on my S15. I've just had my renewal through at the weekend and it's gone up £80 with no additional naughties on my licence and I've gained an additional years ncb too. This has never happened to me before, I've been driving since I was 17 (26 now) and every renewal has been cheaper no matter who it's been with.

Now, I'm not affraid to shop around, but it's come at a right pain in the arse time, as I work longer hours than all the insuranc offices are open (note, the ones worth calling) and I'm not even in the country for the whole weekend, so I can't exactly take the time out on Saturday to do some phoning around.

Are Sky interested in keeping a customer that was satisfied last year and willing to pay a years premium if they can better what I've received in the mail?...

Rides
    Everyones insurance has gone up.

However, a quick call to say Adrian Flux in your dinner hour will provide you with either

a) a better quote
    b) a quote that will enable you to return to sky and get them to lower the price, which they almost definitely will

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    Everyones insurance has gone up.
    ^^^wot he said.
    Only an £80 increase isn't bad at all this year. Most are averaging about 30% increases I believe.

My renewal letter had a 120% increase back in January
    though I did shop around and paid about 30% more than last year including some extra features like Euro cover.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides

Bit of a suurprise!

It may be a bit of a one off mate, but my premium went down nearly a £100 with Flux this year!

Give them a try...

Was an easy transaction as well, very efficient & painless. I know it's not always the case, but can't say I have anything but praise for them by this experience. Was expecting a tonking.

R.

Rides
    When I took the policy out last year I had prett much everything, from agreed value to European cover. Ok, I can appreciate the fact evryone's premiums are increasing but I think it's a bit of insult, to be honest. My cover isn't exactly cheap in the first place and I just can't find any justification in it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
    and I just can't find any justification in it.
    Lots of fraud and whiplash around now, racking up everyone's premiums

With you saying you'll not have time to shop around, I'm saying an £80 increase isn't all that bad this year.
    If last year was £800 (guessing) it's only 10% up which is way less than average.

Rule of thumb is always to be suspicious of the standard renewal, but you need to spend the time shopping around to compare properly. If you can do that, great.

Rides
    Everyones premium is not going up as others have said, not sure why people jump on this bandwagon.

The Rx8 insurance was lower this year in Feb and I've just renewed the SXOC insurance at the same price but with more added to the car.

Try A Plan Thatcham office & Flux.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    My premium had it's biggest drop ever this year with flux and all I did was tell them every single mod I've had done..... Give them a ring, I gave up on sky, they never once got close to flux but that's just for me. Lots of people are getting fair deals from them

Rides
    I had a bit of time this afternoon to make some calls and Adrian Flux quoted me £150 cheaper than Sky's renewal with exactly the same policy and mods declared. I phoned Sky to see what they could do and they asked me to email over the quote, which I did, and I never heard back. They didn't exactly sound enthusiastic on the phone either. So, needless to say I've just paid my years premium up front with Adrian Flux.

Rides
    I disagree that all premiums are going up, I've lost my ncb due to my knock, added another claim and mines still going down