Thread: center console

Rides

center console

Bought some defi gauges, with a pod that needed a little reapir so i decided to modify the whole lot so it included the defi controller and boost controller
    opinions?

Rides
    Looks awesome. I was going to do something similar but didn't no where to start with it.

Rides
    I like what you have done, but my personal prefference would be to have the face of the guages flush with the console, and not pretruding.

but good craftsmanship non the less

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Looking great there dude Mucho

Rides
    sorry to be cheeky. but how did you hold the turbo timer and the controller like that? as im planning to do something similar on my s13 console

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    I like what you have done, but my personal prefference would be to have the face of the guages flush with the console, and not pretruding.

but good craftsmanship non the less

It's almost impossible to make them sit flush as defi's have quite deep backs ( especially 60mm's) to them which causes them to hit the back of the heater control unit. Plus they are designed to sit proud like in the pics.

Good job dude. Iv made a few if these gauge pods now, and your one looks spot on. Not 100% keen on the bottom section but each to there own .

Rides
    The gauges look abit overpowering and in your face (good and bad I guess) but its a nice job and theres not alot of other places for them to go if you hate pillar pods like me.
    **Currently breaking**
    RX-8 191, RX-8 231

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Gav View Post
    The gauges look abit overpowering and in your face (good and bad I guess) but its a nice job and theres not alot of other places for them to go if you hate pillar pods like me.
    true but i have the boost gauge on the pillar too ,

The defi and boost controller are a snug fit and the angle they are at helps too so they dont fall back, if you need too it would be easy enough toglass a bracket in to keep them in place.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    It's almost impossible to make them sit flush as defi's have quite deep backs ( especially 60mm's) to them which causes them to hit the back of the heater control unit. Plus they are designed to sit proud like in the pics.

Good job dude. Iv made a few if these gauge pods now, and your one looks spot on. Not 100% keen on the bottom section but each to there own .
    Me too no too sure on the lower part, it will need to be changed anyway as im after a avcr to replace the profec spec 2.