Thread: Stunned by sky!!

Rides

Stunned by sky!!

I am now officially a Sky fan!
    I was insured by flux a year ago on my van then when I tried to insure my Micra with flux they had to cancel the policy and said I'd lost my 6 years NCB because Van no claims can't be carried over! But I had the van for 4 months the NCB was earnt on my s14! Anyway a quick call from my auntie who is also my solicitor and they realised their mistake and i had my NCB back ! So back to today, I was searching quotes for my soon to be rx8 and admiral came out with just over £800 tpft, so I thought flux should beat this! The guy who I spoke to had no time for me was really rude and condescending, if he spoke to anyone in person like that he'd most likely get a slap! I was very friendly and in the past flux were always very good and I'd sometimes be on the phone chatting with the guys for half an hour about my plans with the car and just general stuff! So at the end o this waste of time fpft £500 excess £950
    So I called Sky never used them before, the guy who I spoke to Kevin although his phone was a bit quiet was very friendly and helpful much nicer call tbh! With the end result at just over £700 with protected no claims and then he added that's fully comp I can't believe it!! Also when I call back after I buy the car Kevin said he'd see about getting an even better quote!!
    Sky you will be getting my money!! That's only 100 quid more than on pay on my Micra! And that's tpft!

Rides
    you must be lucky Im having no luck with insurance

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rich damms View Post
    you must be lucky Im having no luck with insurance
    I was very surprised as sky were cheaper than the others and the others were TPF&T! Sky fully comp

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I had a nice chat with Kevin at Sky yesterday too. Very pleasant and helpful chap. Unfortunately couldn't come within £50 of the quote I had elsewhere.

Rides
    I stayed with Sky once again this year. Got some cracking quotes from the likes of A-plan and flux and Sky basically price matched the best quote. Saved me the hassle of having to send off all the stupid proof of no claims forms and what not to another company so I was happy