Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: #FULL-ATTACK; Supercharged 'U Wot m8' V8 Kouki s14... 'tis went KABOOOMMMM!

Rides
    Really like that! its awesome!

Rides
    Do you have any high resolution photos of it? Perhaps with a focus on the engine bay. I'd like to feature it on my Facebook page and link to this build thread.

Rides
    ahh want XXR527s.

Rides
    If the front ones had less of an offset they would look the better ones IMO. but at the moment they stick out way too far and make it look like a roller skate.

Rides
    Looks and sounds great mate. Itching to have mine going but as its out and in pieces im doing a few extra bits to make sure im absolutely happy with it. Looking forward to joining the club!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesebert View Post
    It's got to be the XXR 527's, look much better than the grids
    Growing on me.

think ill stick to what I planned. grids for track, xxr's for road going (if it ever ends back on the road!)

Quote Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
    Really like that! its awesome!
    Thanks Luke

Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Do you have any high resolution photos of it? Perhaps with a focus on the engine bay. I'd like to feature it on my Facebook page and link to this build thread.
    Hey Laze, sadly I dont have any high resolution photos currently. when I happy with it all (will i ever be!!?) im hoping one of the locals with a posh camera and some skills will be able to take a few shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyyy View Post
    ahh want XXR527s.
    I would give up the grids for xxr's IF you could still get them in bronze

Quote Originally Posted by M.D. View Post
    If the front ones had less of an offset they would look the better ones IMO. but at the moment they stick out way too far and make it look like a roller skate.
    9.75J
    et25
    20mm spacer
    and 20mm in each LCA

stock wing

I Just chucked them on, ill remove the 20mm spacers and just run a 5mm slip on for road going.

Quote Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
    Looks and sounds great mate. Itching to have mine going but as its out and in pieces im doing a few extra bits to make sure im absolutely happy with it. Looking forward to joining the club!
    George, get it done pleased to see your cracking on with it and not giving up.

got this through post:
    304783_10151124738845982_1770982835_n.jpg

Also this arrived:
    300325_10151125206600982_543918764_n.jpg

Its not great condition... really considering getting it freshed up with some Kuro black

Was a bit and moment of when It looked to not of actually been vented!!?

until I flipped it over:

376580_10151125208470982_58829035_n.jpg

cool as feck that! can just remove before drift days

603430_10151125200395982_2035134836_n.jpg

chucked it on. all messy, but gets the filter away, now need cold air feed and a heat shield.

Rides
    Yeah im in way too deep to give up. Having some machining done to bellhousing and got my tiny VR6 clutch master cylinder in the post so will probably get it all back in not this weekend but next. Then i can start diagnosing the electrics.

Whats the plans now with yours? Drive it and enjoy it for a while or do more to it?

Rides
    loving you car and the direction it's going in! How about getting some wider front wings, I'm sure i saw a pair on here for £40 a couple of days ago

Rides
    Great, thanks for the reply Clive. Please do let me know when/if you do a photo shoot. Thanks

Rides
    Car looks awesome clive. Did you have a problem with the sump and oil pickup or is the original 540 parts ?

Spoke with the guys at team sunset about putting one into an e36 and the sump ect hits the front cross member. I would need to source a b8 alpina sump and oil pick for this to work and chances are slim of finding them as they are so rare.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MaccyD View Post
    Yeah im in way too deep to give up. Having some machining done to bellhousing and got my tiny VR6 clutch master cylinder in the post so will probably get it all back in not this weekend but next. Then i can start diagnosing the electrics.

Whats the plans now with yours? Drive it and enjoy it for a while or do more to it?
    Guess Ill have to pop over to your thread in a second. Hope to see some progress George

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodave View Post
    loving you car and the direction it's going in! How about getting some wider front wings, I'm sure i saw a pair on here for £40 a couple of days ago
    Yes, been thinking about wider front wings, but money is tighttt and rear overs are a priority first...

I would also like some wings that are known to fit well, have missed out on a few lately, but wasnt the direction I was wanting to go. will just remove spacers and only fit for drift days

I have pulled my fenders an easy 20mm over stock..

Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Great, thanks for the reply Clive. Please do let me know when/if you do a photo shoot. Thanks
    Will do dude

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Car looks awesome clive. Did you have a problem with the sump and oil pickup or is the original 540 parts ?

Spoke with the guys at team sunset about putting one into an e36 and the sump ect hits the front cross member. I would need to source a b8 alpina sump and oil pick for this to work and chances are slim of finding them as they are so rare.
    Cheers dude, I'm still no happy with how its looking... pretty tired but then its used, and used hard

Went straight in mate pleased with how the sump sits really considering how low the engine sits in the bay

Rides
    So, first thing.

completely pissed off

and GUTTED I didnt use subframe risers

basically, fitted the Japspeed solid subframe bushes and car now sits over 10mm higher upback!!

Now, I cant just wind coilovers down to suit , as ill run the risk of mashing drive shafts... due to the geos

Not sure what the plan is... cant raise front as they are near on max height iirc

Possibly run a larger tyre up front, then the bumper clearance will look gay

As much as I dont like the idea, Guess Ill just have to bring the arse end down a touch, and hope for best... im not taking that frame out again in a hurry , let alone the solid bushes I beated in there

Now,to cheer me up I fitted my new bonnet here is a over edited picture as I couldn't catch the light well

Spent a few hours down the workshop this evening again, mainly trying to sort a bung for the inspection bit on the bellhousing for clutch, that was some how forgoten about, and now seems royal mail have lost it along with a few other bits, that was forgotten about

Not overly happy with fitment around headlights,have robbed the rubber weather strip bits from the stock, just need to measure up and drill holes for the clips...

Fitted glove box, secured ECU, ok.. was just with zipties but better then it being loose

fitted my steering wheel and snap off boss back on, been using it on the spare car

Failed with pictures
    Last edited by Clive; 03-09-2012 at 21:54.

Rides
    Why not cut the top off the solid bushes and raise the subframe?
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Ben Taylor View Post
    Why not cut the top off the solid bushes and raise the subframe?
    Would mean removing it...

If I was to get that far, I would remove them and just machine the tops off at work.... but im 90% sure they dont meet in the middle... so would 'sink'

Rides
    Pushed the car out for a quick wash.

Have settled on the keeping the rota's, personally suit the overal car style alot better, especially since fitting the vented bonnet

Rides
    i want dah xxrs den

Rides
    looks fast

Rides
    what are doing with your xxr wheels genuinely interested in them if your selling them
    can you pm me the specs of them and and what your doing with them thanks

Rides
    PLeaseeee no more PM's about the XXRs!! If I decide on selling ill stick them in the forsale section.

p.s. sure specs are over page, 18x9.75J ET20 all round. pic was with20mm spacers and 20mm in each LCA with -4.5* camber.

Rides
    The Rota's look awesome on your car mate as does the bonnet.