Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Household waste vehicle permit scheme!?

Rides
    They do that around here but I hired a large van from Abacus and just showed them the hire agreement, no lisence required for that

Rides
    Theyre a pain in the arse around my end. A mate had a jacked up offroad range rover and because it was too high for the barrier they classed it as commerical waste and wouldnt let him in

Rides
    I've used my old dear's fella's van countless times for taking crap to the tip. Big old dirty matt red VW Transporter!
    When i roll up i just tell the guy on the gate its household waste and they open the barrier for you
    In fact i was up there last weekend in it dumping a load of crap from the garden and garage Never had any problems
    Hope they dont change it as i hate filling up my car with crap even though its an estate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_foxwell View Post
    They do that around here but I hired a large van from Abacus and just showed them the hire agreement, no lisence required for that
    yep same in bristol cant take a van in, hire vans are ok with the agreement, I rock up in an enterprise jobby sign wrote to fook, they still want to see it .

Rides
    I just turn up with my old mans van, household stuff, and the never bat an eyelid. Thats the Harpenden Tip if anyone wants to come down and take advantage

Rides
    Yep Clouder, I had it done to me here a few months ago in Bedfordshire.

Scrapped a table and chairs, massive table, way too big for my Punto. So I borrowed a Vivaro from work and drove up. I was refused entry, explained the situation that it was too big for my car, and told I'd have to get a permit.

Had a benny at the staff, got the supervisor there and he let me in after about 15 minutes of holding people up. It's a joke when they don't apply BASIC common sense to what's in a van.

Rides
    Ha ha,the local tips I go to in cambs are all staffed by pikey's or as close to as you can get! They are so quick to let you on the site and look in the back of your vehicle to help themselves its untrue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Yep Clouder, I had it done to me here a few months ago in Bedfordshire.

Scrapped a table and chairs, massive table, way too big for my Punto. So I borrowed a Vivaro from work and drove up. I was refused entry, explained the situation that it was too big for my car, and told I'd have to get a permit.

Had a benny at the staff, got the supervisor there and he let me in after about 15 minutes of holding people up. It's a joke when they don't apply BASIC common sense to what's in a van.
    Go to the Newport Pagnell tip

I think I'm banned from Beds tips, they turned me away when i rocked up in a transit with 3 binbags in the back so I just reversed *slightly* beyond the entrance, threw them out into the road, informed the man which part of my body he can suck and drove off

Sadly if your rubbish is filled with letters that have your address on they hunt you down for it- I had to have a taped interview at the town hall hahaha Apparently all that BS is a better idea than jst taking peoples rubbish in the first place

Rides
    Someone on here (I'll let them admit it if they want to) is banned from Leamington tip.

For putting an S13 in it