Thread: Garage or storage for rent

Rides

Garage or storage for rent

Ok so it seems this has been asked a few times over the last few years and nothing has really come of it, so i'm after suggestions/genuine interest more than anything.

I'm looking for a garage to rent in the Milton Keynes area to store my 180. I dont have access to a garage where I currently live (Furzton) and parking around here is appaulling. I usually keep the car in my parents garage over in Olney but its a bit of a pain in the **** having to travel there anytime I want to take it out for a spin or work on it. I left my 180 on the street last night and just did not feel comfortable leaving it there. There has been a spate (not sure on spelling ) of car/van thefts here recently which doesn't help.

Anyone know any decent places to rent a garage?

Alternatively, would anyone be interested in sharing a unit of some description, again prefereably in the Milton Keynes area.

I have 2 cars that could do with being stored, along with potentially my housemates soon to be new car, so thinking a unit could be the way forward.

I certainly would not be interested in renting a unit with someone who only wants to store there car there for a month or 2 and then decide they want to store it elsewhere for whatever reason. If it turns out to be a unit, I would be in it for long term.

So guys and girls, any suggestions??

Rides
    council garage? container?

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    if you're not sure about safety mate, can leave it at mine, but its no better than your parents im just as far or further away.

a unit is what is needed. its just finding one and financing it. im well game but monies well tight at the moment. i might pop down into hanslope on friday morning, they have units for rent near hanslope park, but depends if its storage or commercial. commericial gives a full range of issues, including business rates etc. need to do some research on it. any volunteers to dumb it down to the natives.

edit: paul ive just inquired about a massive storage unit over near buckingham, just outside deanshangar, close to you, it £300 a month, 7500 sq foot,
    just waiting on details about it, ive asked to look at it and similar in area.

Rides
    Hmm, will look into renting a council garage, they seem to be cheap enough. £10-15 a week... and can be local

A unit would be awesome, but like you say finding one close by is the big issue. Im not up for travelling outside of Milton Keynes really. Call me picky, but I dont want the car to be stored miles away from me. Would be nice to actually have somewhere to work on the car though.

Ooo, £300 a month you say? Right im not really sure what 7500 sq ft is like in terms of space. Sounds rather a lot though... Is this just basically a glorified cow shed

Rides
    ive been in contact with a property group, found a nice little place, and they want me to go and have a look next week.

so who would be geuninely interested in being part of it? a nice large secured area to work and store cars, its big, but if i go next week ill get a good idea of the size. and an idea of how many people we can realistically have use and store cars etc in unit.

the current price is £300 a month, which is a pretty good price if you consider 5 people sharing is only £60 a month each.

they wont give alocation until i agree to meet which is a bit annoying but its around mk, out towards buckingham. just off A5 basically.

so who's interested?

Rides
    ME, absolutely interested! Take pics if you can

Is it purely storage? Any supplies? Air/electricity etc..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysfun View Post
    ME, absolutely interested! Take pics if you can

Is it purely storage? Any supplies? Air/electricity etc..
    well i was hoping you'd be coming with me but your working you gay!! lol

ill take pictures limited knowledge at the moment.

Rides
    Me I'm in how you guys been ? The 200 has gone
    Last edited by yetis200sx; 03-06-2011 at 12:00.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by yetis200sx View Post
    Me I'm in how you guys been ? The 200 has gone
    Really??? Kept that one quiet matey! Result that its gone though, hope you got what you wanted for it.

What you gonna store in the proposed garage then? the volvo? or are you planning on a new project to start Hope it will be an S13 restoration jobby

Rides
    Thought I had said lol Duno the Volvo sold too last Friday and the 200 went on the saturday after lol

Bet you can never guess what I'm rolling rolling in now lol? it cost £200 and it's a 5dr lol

Duno mate we will have too see

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by yetis200sx View Post
    Thought I had said lol Duno the Volvo sold too last Friday and the 200 went on the saturday after lol

Bet you can never guess what I'm rolling rolling in now lol? it cost £200 and it's a 5dr lol

Duno mate we will have too see
    Bloomin hell mate!

hmm, im gonna guess at a battered old ford granada

Rides
    lol i know

na lol nova

Rides
    anything byebye?

Rides
    Everyone's favourite Ali is investigating storage of cars soon but it won't be storage where you can work on your car, it'll just be plain storage. Which I think is a good thing tbh as it removes the risk of damaging someone elses cars.

Guestimation is £25 a week and it's very close to his Unit.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Everyone's favourite Ali is investigating storage of cars soon but it won't be storage where you can work on your car, it'll just be plain storage. Which I think is a good thing tbh as it removes the risk of damaging someone elses cars.

Guestimation is £25 a week and it's very close to his Unit.
    looking for a work unit mate, so wont be any good to us.

luke, i checked my emails earlier, but nothing back from them. ill check in a bit.

Rides
    well, the landlord doesnt like the idea of us usign his storage premises, so fail on that one.

but the agents are goign to looking around the area, and so will i be, am on lates tonight now, so ill have a look.

if anyone knows anyone farmer etc with storage units to rent, let me know.

anything from junc 13-16 +10 miles radius, could be interested in.

Rides
    There are some private, small garages at Brogbrough near Junction 13. Well, right on it in fact. They're £10-£15 a week but are in high demand. That's all I can think of.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    There are some private, small garages at Brogbrough near Junction 13. Well, right on it in fact. They're £10-£15 a week but are in high demand. That's all I can think of.
    ive got council garages round the back of my house mate, its not really what im after.

i want somewhere people from the club can come over and fix there cars, where i can do mine and my mates can do theres as well.

just want somewhere with decent space, out of the wet and cold to fix and play with motors, where i can pul an engine out and leave it until a nother day if i need to.