Thread: any BMW guys on the board??

Rides

any BMW guys on the board??

Hi Guys and girls

i have been thinking for a while now (since my little girl came along) that i need to get a safer more cash friendly car, so when i collect her i know that im not going to deafen her with my exhaust or worry about every little noise as we all do in or 13's

i have always been a fan of the E39 M5 and have the chance of getting something very close to one in return for my heavily modified 13.

basically what im after is some advise on the running of these cars and what the issues are if any to look out for, it has done 149k and has history etc,

from the pics it looks very nice and the chap i have spoken to is very genuine.

just need to know what to expect from the 540 issue wise if anything and what to look for when i go to see the car.

the car is an "individual" specked car from the factory, that is basically an M5 without the engine (still a 4.3 v8 inst too shabby) all the suspension etc is M5 spec.

i love my 13 and have many good friends because of owning her and being a member on the board. i just think it is the right thing for the time of life.

thanks for the advise in advance
    Gary

Rides
    Seriously mate, iv owned a 540 and the fuel it drunk was stupid, the only reason i sold it! Id get a e39 530d with m sport pack, half the fuel, half the price to buy and cheaper to tax and insure.

Rides
    Best car i've ever owned Mines done 96k and seems as well screwed together as the day it was born. I've only had it since august last year but it hasn't given a single problem so far.

I don't do many miles a week in it and have only put about 3-4k on it but in this time my average consumption has been 20.6mpg of which the majority is short (2-15miles) urban journeys. On a mway trip of 200miles round the other day i averaged 29.6 with the cruise control set at 79mph for the entire time ( I know i didn't have to brake once). You can also hold a whisper conversation at 128mph, which i tested on my private test track, but this could be due to my double glazing.

FWIW I came from a 180SX.
    Last edited by Easy007; 26-05-2011 at 23:13.

Rides

Rides
    Cock, wrong thread.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    thanks for the info guys, fuel sounds better then the 13 to be honest
    will let you know if all goes well, and will have some pics of her when i know for sure

Thanks
    Gary