Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Silvia S15 RB25 Project

Rides
    Now I'm not normaly a fan of s15's but yours looks really good, just got something about it! plus an rb25 and them rims just top it off!! top work m8!

Rides
    cheers man.

Rides
    Nearly there! Just a few tweaks here and there then MOT time.
    Just had the body work sorted. £325 to have the front wing repaired and painted, rear bumper repaired and painted, sideskirts and rear spats painted and fitted. He's done a good job too. So anyone in Huddersfield or Holmfirth needing bodywork give Gaz a call 07515 656243. He's a good lad. (Totally unbiased by the way, I'd never met him before this)

Rides
    Nearly there! Just a few tweaks here and there then MOT time.
    Just had the body work sorted. £325 to have the front wing repaired and painted, rear bumper repaired and painted, sideskirts and rear spats painted and fitted. He's done a good job too. So anyone in Huddersfield or Holmfirth needing bodywork give Gaz a call 07515 656243. He's a good lad. (Totally unbiased by the way, I'd never met him before this)

Rides
    Any updates pal you on the road yet ?

Rides
    Actually just got it mot'd this week and taxed so fully legal. Still needs a few tweaks but basically there. I am gonna get some good pics this weekend to put up.

Rides
    How did your first legal drive go any problems / pictures ?

Rides
    Oh man I want those wheels ,

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy88 View Post
    How did your first legal drive go any problems / pictures ?
    Not too bad actually. I still need to fit electric fans so have to hope I don't get stuck in traffic. The tracking is way out, and I have found out my coil packs are a bit dicky. Other than that pretty good.

Rides
    They are Awesome aren't they!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Adzsy View Post
    Not too bad actually. I still need to fit electric fans so have to hope I don't get stuck in traffic. The tracking is way out, and I have found out my coil packs are a bit dicky. Other than that pretty good.
    Haven't you fitted the viscous fan ? It's all I run it on mine and its fine even in traffic highest temp I've seen is 83 thru the link g4.

As for your coilpacks have you tried removing your center cover to see if it helps.

Rides
    It didnt look like there was enough room with the thicker rad. I have not got it anymore either. Do you know how thick the fan is?

Rides
    A few more pictures.

Rides
    You will have to excuse they dirt. I still haven't found time to give it a proper clean!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Adzsy View Post
    It didnt look like there was enough room with the thicker rad. I have not got it anymore either. Do you know how thick the fan is?
    With mine I cut into the slam panel to make room. But if your thinking of fitting you need 120mm from the water pump pulley to the rad.

Rides

Question Nice ride man!

Hi, nice work on your ride.
    I'm attempting the same swap but only with a manual Spec S. I've been trying to find pinouts for the s15 sr20de to splice the rb25det hatness into. So far it is like finding bigfoot, we know it's out there but never seen it. I have obtainrd an aussie spec FSM but since here in Aruba we use jdm S15's I'm not sure if wiring remains the same. I assume your spec s is also from Japan. Anny pointers or info on what is needed to splice or any pinouts. This is the one thing Google or searching forums has not helped me with. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Rides
    Hi buddy and thanks...

I think the Spec S manual follows the same pinout as the Spec R, but with less pins as it won't have boost solenoid etc. When I did mine I followed the guides for the RB25 into S14 and, the SR20 into S13 and the Nissan workshop manual(JDM) to make changes to the pinouts as the auto is different. These are all available here on the forum and with these three documents you will be able to do it. If you need them PM me your email address and I can send them to you.

I did keep a record of what I did I think, but it's no good to you.

From memory the manual does not differentiate from turbo to NA, but it does differentiate from Manual to Auto.

The best way to do it is check the workshop manual for each component, i.e speedo, tacho etc then cross reference with the guide given. The S15 manual is very good and clear.

Try to be confident in what wires are what and not just follow a guide as you will need to understand it if you run into any issues

Good Luck!

Rides
    this is a great project I've got a spec r I'm wanting to drop the rb into I've got a few questions
    1. what ecu did you use for your conversion?
    2. I've been given a rb25 to s14 loom already done do you think this would work in the s15

Rides
    Hi Mate, I use the R33 GTST Spec 2 ECU.

The loom you have is a good start, but does differ a little on the F2 loom. Give me a shout when you get round to doing it. Mine will be different to yours as mine was an Auto.

Here's some new pics...

Rides
    Nice one I'm collecting all the parts now should be ready to start the conversion by November