Thread: uk s13 was ca18det now redtop sr20det wiring issues

Rides

uk s13 was ca18det now redtop sr20det wiring issues

does anyone have a wiring conversion write up for a jdm redtop sr20 so i can rewire it into a uk s13 that had a ca18 in it

the car had issues before with the engine it would run fine then once switched off , when restarted would run really badly , never found out why .

so in a idea we decided to swap out the ca for a sr probably should have went the blacktop then would have been able to use jon bennets guide but in search of 180sx ness we went the redtop route

so got a good sr20 from a reliable source very reliable with everything harness out of a ps13 ecu afm rad everything that was needed

placed it all in tried to start it and didnt turn over very well seemed that the starter wasnt so good so a replacement was sent from the engine source the next day

installed turned over it didnt fire , no fuel but fuel pump was priming hmmm

did a quick cheat n put some fuel in to the inlet directly via syringe

and it ran so injectors we thought , checked they have voltage and are pulsing hmmm

fuel pump checked voltage working flowing wtf lol

tried again next day it started by the key ran but wouldnt rev arrrrgh

so im at a what on earth point obviously the harness's are a lil different and i cant find a guide to check them against with it being a redtop jdm motor ive messagesd jon bennet but no reply and im just stuck it should run and it does to a point but i have a feeling that it may need a couple of wires re pinning a little differently but cant find a diagram to follow

has anyone else done this conversion or can the shed some ideas on its issues for me

Rides
    I have done this, but I have LHD 200SX.
    It was rather simple swap. You have to swap 2 wires in F1 connector. Similar in case of F8 and F10 connectors.

Engine started from first crank.
    If You have problem with reving, it might be AFM issue.
    I have inspect 200sx engine harness by myself and made some changes to John tutorial. You need car manual and ecu pinout to solve all issues.
    Last edited by kamilp; 24-05-2011 at 12:26.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazykidd View Post
    tried again next day it started by the key ran but wouldnt rev arrrrgh
    did it run fine on idle and for a while? sound silly but could you have the fuel lines mixed up?

Rides
    Did you use the CA alternator/starter loom?

That's what I did and apart from swapping some wires in the F1 connector (which I never got around to doing) and fitting a resistor to the tacho signal that should be all you need to do.

One of the wires in the F1 connector which needs swapping is the cranking signal from the ignition barrel, all that happens with this not swapped is it takes a couple more cranks to start than normal.

It's a bit difficult as you're swapping an engine into a car which didn't run properly originally.

Rides
    yea checked the flow lines for fuel before i did the swap and rechecked them when injectors wernt firing

playworker , yea thats the issue im thinking unfortunatly

kamilp could you give me details of what was swapped please your pic isnt that clear i can pm my email address if thats easyer sounds like you have the solution im needing

Rides
    I have to look at my "drawings" at home. Give me a few days and I will provide You with my wiring. Ok?

Rides
    Have a look at the brown plug behind the passenger's headlight. Try moving the brown wire (Ign 10a)to the pin next to it so it matches to the car's plug.
    Member 504