Thread: Regamaster refurb question.

Rides

Regamaster refurb question.

I've seen a set rega's for sale and was wondering how easy it wold be to do a DIY refurb on them. They're quite rough:

Serious kerb rash:

Dents and general flakiness:

Anyone got any advice?

Rides
    Nice set of wheels like that would be worth a pro refurb imo.

Rides
    yeah as above really, 50 quid a wheel is quite cheap when compared to the overall cost

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Nice set of wheels like that would be worth a pro refurb imo.
    This man knows the score. Don't get pikey and spray pisscan all over regas. Save that for cheap imitations.

Rides
    I saw those on driftireland. I was tempted as they are cheap but the width and offset wasn't for me! 8.5J all round and et 35

They are well worth having properly refurded though dude!! My two front ones are original and have just started peeling on the faces, so when I can afford it / they are a bit worse ill get them professionally sorted!

They will just file that down and fill it, so should be simple enough for somebody who knows what they are doing

Rides
    Thanks for the replies lads. Like I said I don't actually own the wheels but I'm trying to get a feel for what it'd cost me to get them on the car.

Wheel refurbs are a bit more expensive in Ireland, usually around 80euro, and I've seen some really poor jobs done by so called 'professionals'. Like you guys said though, they're rare wheels and they'd probably be worth the investment.

Not to worried about the offset at +35, the car is standard body/suspension/wheels wise so no matter what I do it'll be an improvement.