Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Slutwalk - SXOC meet?

Rides

London Slutwalk - SXOC meet?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...eaches-UK.html

Thousands of women are to take to the streets of London in revealing outfits next month as the global SlutWalk phenomenon reaches Britain.

A Canadian policeman who told women to stop dressing like 'sluts' to avoid being raped sparked the worldwide protest movement that could see more than 5,000 women march through the capital.

Thousands of members of SlutWalk have already marched in cities across the U.S and Canada to display anger at Pc Michael Sanguinetti's comments, made in a health and safety talk to students at Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto.

He reportedly told the group: 'You know, I think we're beating around the bush here. I've been told I'm not supposed to say this. However, women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimised.'
    Pc Sanguinetti later apologised and was disciplined, but remains in his role within the police force.
    Following his remarks, made in April, women across the globe joined the SlutWalk Facebook page in their droves, sparking protests in Toronto and Boston as well as other cities across the U.S.

A 3,000-strong crowd marched through Toronto, a further 2,000 took to the streets of Boston, some women marching in their underwear with 'slut' scrawled on their skin.
    The London march, set to proceed from Hyde Park to Traf***ar Square, has been organised via SlutWalk's London Facebook page, where 5,200 group members are already discussing the event.

If such a number turn out on the day, London's march will be the biggest yet
    The SlutWalk London website says its protests aim to end what is says is the 'victimisation and the culture of blame' towards rape victims.

Organisers of the group branded Pc Sanguinetti's comments 'ridiculous and inaccurate'.

'It was incredibly damaging to women around the world, painting them as perpetrators - rather than victims - of a disgusting, violent crime,' they said.

'All over the world, women are constantly made to feel like victims, told they should not look a certain way, should not go out at night, should not go into certain areas, should not get drunk, should not wear high heels or make up, should not be alone with someone they don't know.'
    'Not only does this divert attention away from the real cause of the crime - the perpetrator - but it creates a culture where rape is OK, where it's allowed to happen... after all, she must have been asking for it, right?'
    The protest movement has rapidly gained pace thanks to participation on Facebook and Twitter.

'We wanted to do something to show our support,' said Siobhan Connors, 20, of Lynn, Massachusetts, a Boston organiser. 'We originally planned for a small event and expected about 30 people.'

A member of the Boston Facebook group, Vanessa White, 33, attended the Boston event dressed in a pink jacket and fishnet stockings.
    'For me it's an attempt to reclaim the word 'slut' itself,' she said. 'Because once you reclaim it, you take the power away from it.'
    But some critics, while applauding the overall message, have slammed the group for what they call its 'provocative' and 'unhelpful' name.

They have suggested that far from empowering women, attempting to reclaim the word has the opposite effect, simply serving as evidence that women are accepting this label given to them by misogynistic men.

Debate on Twitter says the group's name is off-putting to those who believe in the cause, but don't believe in marching under the 'slut' banner.

'This word marginalises women wanting to protest but not embrace the word "slut",' says one, while another adds 'there is no redemption for the male-defined word "slut". This is not liberation.'

Another user agrees. 'Women should not protest for the right to be called "slut",' they said.

i know there will be some nasty birds dressing up (or is it down?!?) but i think it could be a good specator sport, if the weather is good, sitting outside a pub thats on the route, wuodl be a good way to kill and afternoon

Rides
    Perfect evening imo.

work2drift
    I'll be there perfect SX meet

Then again these things are always the same type of women that turn up they type that look like a sti breeding farm with pink hair and are so hard done by they live on the dole

Not all of them are.
    Last edited by work2drift; 11-05-2011 at 14:03.

Rides
    LOL @ Thread Title LOL

Rides
    Sweet, time to dust off the rape gloves....

Rides
    Take camera and get some to pose on route, all good publicity for them ya know

EDIT> Must remember rohypnol and rape tape to be used as props for the shots

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel san View Post
    Take camera and get some to pose on route, all good publicity for them ya know

EDIT> Must remember rohypnol and rape tape to be used as props for the shots
    you could get some of your "promo" girls to go along too, wearing your branded skimpy outfits

Rides
    SXOC meet ? ...... you want to dress like a slut ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    SXOC meet ? ...... you want to dress like a slut ?
    no read my comment at the bottom of the quote.

find a pub on the protest route, sit outside with pint and watch

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    no read my comment at the bottom of the quote.
    ah ... can we dress up anyway ?

Rides
    I think everyone's missing the fact that not one of the girls in the above images is 'doable' never mind rape material, and they're from the US and Canada. London is likely to serve up some extremely less than average looking chicks...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    you could get some of your "promo" girls to go along too, wearing your branded skimpy outfits
    Nah, the outfits cover too much skin dude. No way slutty enough.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    ah ... can we dress up anyway ?
    You can wear those lovely shoes of yours. You know, the ones that came free with the Zonda.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin101 View Post
    You can wear those lovely shoes of yours. You know, the ones that came free with the Zonda.
    .... I do become a high chance rape victim when I where those ... if you remember rightly my first post about the shoes I had just been sexually harrased by schoolgirls

edit:

Rides
    Does this mean cornwall me and channie get to dress up!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_T View Post
    Sweet, time to dust off the rape gloves....
    Looking at the state of most of the women in the pictures, I'll leave the gloves in their hiding place

Rides
    Since when were swimming goggles slutty attire? (4th pic)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Since when were swimming goggles slutty attire? (4th pic)
    In a swimming pool .... Those women are just asking to be raped. Dressing all provocatively and the like in skimpy clothes and goggles

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Awesome, loads of half naked ugly liberals