Thread: R33 daily driver project with a twist

Rides

Thumbs up R33 daily driver project with a twist

Right as everyone who knows me knows that I am the worst person ever for taking pictures and for project threads lol so here it goes I'll keep this simple.
    So in Ireland car road tax is a killer it is based on cc so a 2.0l is 600 euro a year to tax and a 2.5l is over 1k afaik so I picked up a r33 but here is the twist
    I bought this

Which used to have this

And this

But was missing something here

So I bought this little baby

But discovered this

The sump was much worse but I never took any pics
    I had this little baby lying around waitin to be fitted gt2860r

It's going to sit on top of this baby

Rides
    i must have good timing. i was just coming on to see if youd stuck up the thread yet. Keep it up subscribed.

Rides
    Got sick of looking at this Big b**tard of a pedal

so I fitted one of these

Got sick of looking at this

So fitted a SR one no pics sorry

One of the best things about the car

And the interior is spotless nice and comfy

I will try keep Ye updated but sometimes I forget about the threads I have posted up and normally just do the job rather than go about taking a load of pics

Rides
    nice one tj, good to see this thread up! Just keep it updated now!!

Rides
    Hmmm, an SR into a Skybus - this will be interesting! Looking forward to more pics & updates!
    Last edited by JP; 13-05-2011 at 19:49. Reason: Re-read thread title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Ok I have been pulling my hair out all week some lads just don't want money I reckon....I was supposed to pick up a Greddy sump and a rb25 gearbox and the lad I was supposed to be buying them off told me everyday this week to call tomorrow and he will have everything out for me but luckily I rang him everyday before I left home and found out he never got the stuff off so he told me Saturday that everything would be ready so I organised a trailer and still no parts except this time he wouldn't answer his phone so I am not a happy camper so enough of my sob story on with the project.

So I just took a pic of the old oil strainer compared to the new one I went for the improved blacktop oil strainer notice the bigger pick up opening and no dents lol

Also picked up a new oil pick up gasket from Pat Tiernan motors in Limerick ask for kierian Stack in parts he sources most of my genuine Nissan parts at good prices and great delivery times

Found a small difference between the two pick ups the old redtop one had a rubber ring on it all the 180sx bottom ends I have seen havent had this????

This is a pic of the new oil pick up flange

Got a new Nissan water pump aswell

Along with a couple of gaskets for the manifold/turbo etc

And a pair of locking tabs for the nuts

My phone decided to go dead just as I was going to take a few pics of a bumper I picked up for the car so only have one

Here is a sneak peak at my other little project

Rides
    ooohhhhh this should be a good one!!! update ta' fook! thread bookmarked!
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    i think the oil pick ups with the O ring were in the redtop blocks and the metal gasket ones were black top blocks. the support bracket is welded onto the one with the O ring in a different place too id say?

keep it up. i really think you should concentrate on the wiring though

Rides
    Missed this completely!! good work so far..... what bhp is that turbo rated to??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways Simon View Post
    Missed this completely!! good work so far..... what bhp is that turbo rated to??
    Its in between a t28r and 2871r afaik, i think they go by gt28rs too

Thats a strange looking Sr you have in the last pic, you might want to get that looked at

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CillianS14a View Post
    Its in between a t28r and 2871r afaik, i think they go by gt28rs too
    This. ^^^

Rated to approx 350bhp depending on your setup - in practice you can get more out of them if you've got the cams/intake/exhaust mods to match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    Yep gt28rs or gt2860r or disco potato depending on who you are talking to it has a slightly smaller exhaust housing than the gt2871r from what I can gather.I think Matthew on here made 280bhp with the same turbo with a slipping clutch and a ca18det.I don't plan on using cams I had set of Tomei pon cams which I sold as I wanted to keep my fuel economy fairly good.i am hoping that the turbo will be nice and responsive and that Jp will be nice and knock about 200euro of the price of his manifold lol (you have my number)
    No work done this week as I am leaving my house every morning @5.15am and dont get home until after 6pm but I hope to get cracking again next week just have to pick a brake flaring tool during the week and get cracking on removing the abs and possibly fitting a hydro depending on whether I can get It positioned nice and subtle.

Rides
    Also forgot to add that the 4door skyline weighs in at around 1370kgs And the From what I can gather the rb25det complete with gearbox is supposed to be 90kilos heavier than the sr20det complete I guess I just have to find out when the engine is fitted and compare the weights on the nct certificates.my sil80 weighted in @1330kgs with a full tank of fuel and me in it.I am wondering what the weight distribution will be on the skyline after all the work is complete.enough waffle time for bed have to be up on a couple of hours

Rides
    Unfortunately with work and family commitments the skyline had to go,yesterday the new owner came and loaded it up on the plus side he already has a r33 4 door track car and intends on using this on the road so hopefully I will see it on the road someday,