Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Rides

Hi all

Hi people, ive been an s14a owner for probably 8 years now so i thought it was about time i signed up!

My SX is a Uk car and was bought totally standard, its been fully built by myself, and has been through a few (questionable) guises, but im quite fond of the current look, so i'll post a few picks for for you to critique!

The spec is er....long! but in a nutshell it has;

Full stand alone management system incorporating
    launch control, anti-lag, intelligent boost control, fully sequential injection, switchable maps for (for pump gas, alcohol, bio, nitro fuels etc)

Fully forged motor, with HKS 284/11.5mm cams,
    BC valve springs/custom secondarys & titanium caps on a race prepped big valve head.
    Currently limited to 9000rpm!

1000cc injectors, twin pump fuel system.

custom built turbo to my own spec.

For the chassis its fitted with BC racing remote res coilies,
    and all arms/bushes/rods/links are adjustable and uprated.
    Some fairly intensive weight saving and some aero.

hope to see you at some meets soon!

Last edited by hooky; 18-06-2014 at 04:26.

Rides
    well shit in a bag and punch it, that is absolutely awesome, welcome mate

Rides
    That is one serious machine you have there. You best become a member and knock Ken of the 'Best Car Award'

Welcome to the club.

Rides
    A very overdue welcome dude

How the hell did you manage to get your car looking amazing & avoid sharing it with us.

Have you documented with pics your build, If so share please

Rides
    The car looks pretty damn cool now

but you said 'questionable guises' Go on, show us the Barry pics
    Welcome to SXOC

Rides
    That looks the F**king Bo**ocks lol loving it and the spec sounds nice to what power is it running and i bet it sounds gorgeous at 9K revs.

Welcome buddy

Rides
    That is rather nice
    +1 on the power

EDIT: video of it running

Rides
    Thanks for the welcome and feedback guys, I havnt got any vid footage of any track work or dyno runs, but I'll try and dig out some clips of some lairy launch and anti-lag setup sessions.

It does sound pretty 'pleasing' at 9k with the 3" exhaust bypass fully open and venting directly after the turbo though! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

but you said 'questionable guises' Go on, show us the Barry pics
    Lol, no chance! it still makes me cringe when im reminded about my 20" chrome rims!!!!...pics may follow.....someday!

Ps.. I wont post the power figures just yet as the printouts are 'somewhere safe' But i think 'healthy' would be a good description! lol

Rides
    Every now and again a car will 'appear' on here that knocks everyone's socks off. Craving Impact's car springs to mind and this is another.

Fantastic 200 you got there.

Rides
    Shit the bed, that is well weapon.

Welcome to the club!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hooky View Post
    Ps.. I wont post the power figures just yet as the printouts are 'somewhere safe' But i think 'healthy' would be a good description! lol
    I get the feeling that your idea of healthy may be a touch higher than most of ours

Awesome looking machine. More pics please
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Very impressive introduction

That has just the sort off look I've always been after! Who did the body work for you?

Rides
    I did the bodywork myself, its surprising what you can achieve with a saw, a big hammer and a pot of filler!! lol

As for a build thread, there isnt one really, it just kind of evolved into this over the years,

Every now and then i just stand back and think, i dont like that bit or this bit and just change it!!

Rides
    I did the bodywork myself, its surprising what you can achieve with a saw, a big hammer and a pot of filler!! lol
    You are going to fit in well here

Looks like you managed to cut the Fr bumper and extended it to make it flow into tue arch ext.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Damn, thats one the best 200's in the country right there ......... so how come we dont know about it??

Are the ground effects functional? What do you use it for?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides

As for a build thread, there isnt one really, it just kind of evolved into this over the years,

Every now and then i just stand back and think, i dont like that bit or this bit and just change it!!
    Well you should be proud of your handywork fella, I've never been a fan of lairy kits with big hovercraft style skirts,

All I ever wanted was a beefier look to the OE kit, kinda like the way an Audi RS4 looks compared to a normal A4.

And suddenly here it is! I'm a bit gutted it looks as good as it does to be honest, I'd have preferred to do something entirely original but you've beaten me to it!

I'm really impressed mate, top class work. I'm assuming you've used something to extend those arches and then blend them in rather than work it entirely from scratch?

Feel free to shamelessly post up loads of pics, I'd love to see them, as I'm sure many others would too!

Particularly close ups of the little touches, I'm intrigued by the vent in the rear bumper and the splitter on the front bumper

Rides
    The front bumper still looks surprisingly good with the rest of the bodywork

And thanks *****, I thought it was cut, but it's just holes and a bit of black paint
    Great work, it still looks like it's 99% OEM ... but it's so much better it's like the RS4/A4 comparison, you know it's the same car, but in the same time you know it isn't

I'd guess the vent in the rear bumper is for the differential cooling system ?

Rides
    OMFG. That is the sexualist sexotic piece of japanese steel I have ever seen!!!

How ON EARTH have you built that beast and not have signed up to the SXOC before!!?!!?!?!?

LEGEND!!

Really hope I see you at a meet/show sometime!!!

Take it easy dude

And WTTC!!

Rides
    Wow, thanks for the praise guys!

*****, your statement about not liking big bodykits is exactly the reason this car looks the way it does!
    Ive never really seen a bodykit that looks...,well, not like a bolt on bodykit!, i believe the big manufacturers usually make a great compromise in the way they build sports cars, so i just tried to 'tweak' the original design and make it 'less of a compromise' if ya like!

Any way its beer o' clock now, i'll post a few 'detail pics' tomor!

thanks, Scott.

Rides
    Looking forward to it