Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bango San Rio Aka EE8

Rides
    not sure if outsiders can read ur thread dude but not sure if its a good idea to name the new alarm you got on there?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    Pabs,
    I'm back in August, and would love to have a drive of this, if thats OK
    You love to have a drive of everything

Quote Originally Posted by sxbaz View Post
    not sure if outsiders can read ur thread dude but not sure if its a good idea to name the new alarm you got on there?
    Its pretty obvious what the alarm is even just by the fob pic. As long as I hear it go off that should be fine Anyway the guy that fitted the new one said the old alarm was fitted very well. So well they had to remove the dash and they ending up having it a day longer than they expected. Hopefully since they went to all that trouble the new one is in just as good. Even if they persevere with wires under the dash its not going to be a quick getaway

I'm also looking at getting a quick release hub for the steering wheel too

Managed to get my AD08's on

Also spent a while tidying and streamlining the mess of stereo wiring, and wiring things back in correctly. I needed some more thump to the stereo too, but didn't want to loose any boot space. I ended up going for a pair of these to fill the currently empty rear speaker locations

They are 6.5" woofers apparently rated for 150w rms. There not going to provide deep low grunt, but its instantly made it sound better and more thumpy. For now I've just wired them to the head unit and set the fader to the rear a bit, but I may well get a compact amp to power them if I can squeeze one in somewhere.
    Last edited by Pablo13; 16-06-2011 at 19:11.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    *BANG TIDY!*

loving your CRX mate

the AD08's are an awesome tyre as well :P

Rides
    Pab's i've got 2 Alpine amps if your interested.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChin View Post
    Pab's i've got 2 Alpine amps if your interested.
    Possibly if they are small enough to fit where I'm thinking. PM me some details
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    I had a little issue a while back. Basically every so often I would get a notchy change into 5th and when this happened it was quite hard to get it back out again when changing down.

Got some of this

did this

Stocked up on shift linkage bushes and some rack bushes while I was there

To get to the rear linkage bush you have to get the exhaust heat sheild out the way. Handily my centre section's silencer had broken up and developed a bit of a rattle which was getting annoying so whipped that off out the way for some emergency repairs. The more aggressive of Londons speed bumps had not been kind to my exhaust, you could shake it like a maraca and it looked a bit like this

Emergency repairs ensued

A bit louder without this, but not sounding like a musical instrument anymore

Made some adjustments for more speed bump clearance

And welded back together. Function wins over form in the speed bump wars

So anyway, while that was out the way I could get to the rear linkage bush

Back in its new home

And the front

Then on to the rack bushings. The two bushes on the colum side appeared pretty solid and it looked like it was going to be a rack out job to do them anyway so I only ended up changing the end bushing.

I'd also had a niggiling occasional check engine light which had been narrowed down to either my distributor or my ecu. It wasn't to interfering, it would only come on occasionally about 10-15 mins into my journery if I got stuck in traffic and let it idle. A blip of the thottle combined with a quick flick of the ignition would clear it and all would be well. Got hold of an SIR dizzy and swapped that to test.

Comparing the two (old left, new right) the toothed spindle is slightly larger on the SIR one. The old one actually looks quite new, albeit with a whiff of pattern part about it. Smells like someone has been here before recently, which makes me dubious as to if it will cure the problem. Unless its just down to the quality of the item?

Popped back in and timed up, time will tell
    Last edited by Pablo13; 03-07-2011 at 11:06.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    ahhhh so glad ive now seen someone else do what we did to the centre box on a mates exhaust a few years ago lol. works a treat and stopped the manifold gasket from needing constant changing due to the exhaust hitting everything and putting stress on it.

really liking this project still, keep up the good work.

not noticed in your thread if you have done this or not yet but the next and only thing that i would be thinking of doing to this car next is fitting an LSD gearbox.

Rides
    Cheers

Yes an LSD box would be great, but to find one that is plug and play for my car is very rare and very ££££. You can get the integra box to fit but you need to swap the clutch from cable to hydraulic the speed sensor from mechanical to electric, it changes the ratios too. Lots of messing about. Even JDM CRX's are different design.

Basically if something comes up at at a resonable price that will fit easily I'll be all over it
    Last edited by Pablo13; 03-07-2011 at 11:42.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    I can't believe how easy those bushes and inserts were to change

Improved much?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    I can't believe how easy those bushes and inserts were to change

Improved much?
    They were surprisingly easy to do

Box is lovely now, just slips in no problem, steering feels a bit more direct now aswell, so yes all worth it
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Little update

Dizzy seems to have cured CEL light issues, not had it come back on, had a little play with timing and settled on 16 deg running on 99 ron.

Got hold of some mugen LCA bushes, and got those fitted

I also spent a while cleaning up my seats with leather balm stuff. It did quite well covering up the crack and scuffs. No pics though
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Just keeping track of little bits and bobs that have been going on.

Got hold of a plug cover as it was missing

Got ass raped by MR H, £40 worth of stuff right there

Some Jazz mist type washer jets in there and a few missing clips 'n' screws, etc.

I'd also gone to order some new engine mounts as I had a feeling they were past their best, but was told the rear was on back order with and estimated delivery date of December Needed a quick fix, so cue another box from Energy Suspension

Mount inserts. Got the front one out and noticed it wasn't in the best of conditions I gave it a quick blast of hammerite to hide the rust

But it was cracked pretty bad. Ideally I'd have replaced it but on a bank holiday monday I had no chance so stuck the inserts in and crossed my fingers

Snip the ties and its all ready to fit

Back in

Cam side mount back in, not sitting perfectly flat, meh

Then I got lazy. stared at the rear one a bit, but could only see one mounting bolt to the subframe. I've been doing this on the road so made an executive decision to leave it for today and re attempt on a ramp another day
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Good work Pabs

Those energy inserts aren't bad, used them on the teg. My torque mounts were fooked, but like you I didn't want to wait and replace them so I popped them in, also with the aid of liberal amounts of sikaflex to help bond the torn mounts to them a bit better.

Made a huge difference

I also bottled doing the rear mount lol!

Rides
    Lol

I will get round to doing it! It does feel much better now those are in too
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Decided to paint my calipers as they were looking a bit rusty and unkept. Went for black in the end

Was also time for another oil change

Recently I've had a few problems starting when warm, and no error codes coming up on the ecu which led me to this

Its the main relay, which is known to cause a few problems on Hondas of this age when trying to start when warm. Its due to the solder ageing and breaking away from its tracks. Re soldered it, seems ok so far

The old girl was also overdue a belt change so got on with that today, here is the old belt ready to get removed

And it wasn't gone yet but though while I'm there I may aswell swap out the water pump for a nice shiny new one

Also gave the coolant a flush though and refilled with antifreeze
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    There seems to be a couple of pics missing

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    There seems to be a couple of pics missing
    I've no idea what you mean Mel

Got a Delivery

Nice personal touch

And a free pen knife with evey order

Old ones were pretty worn out by now

New Raxel on the way in

While I was there I tidied up the knuckes and suspension forks as they were rusty. quick wire brush and splash of black paint. I also gave the brake fluid a change as it was looking very dark, old and nasty.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Well, the fitting of the raxels has highlighted a few other issues that need sorting.

Firstly my intermediate bearing is shafted so looks like I will be back again to whip the left side out for a replacement Should have really just got hold of one and done them all in one go, but I was kind of hoping it would be ok, Wrong There is no more clicking when turning, but if I load it up on a sweeping right hander you get this strange multipe grinding noise

As well as that the koni shocks on the front especially the left, had totally had it, no damping whatsover and bottoming out if it even got a whiff of a bump. I knew they were bad but recently it was getting silly. Not having coilover monies but wanting a bit of adjustability, my real options were KYB's or similar. A little bit of searching and I found a pair of Tokico Illumina front shocks on ebay being sold by Torque Developments and for a reasonable price It was only 25 minutes up the road I from me so I poped up there today and grabbed them.

mmmm.......

Opps wrong picture

As you can see from the conditon of the boxes they have been on the shelves a while

One abso funkin loot ley shagged out Koni. Not even bothering to try to extend and I'm taking its picture and everything

The obligatory newies fitted

May need time to settle but it appears to have given me another 10mm or so. Think is a good thing as I have been catching on big bad speed bumps

So there 5 way adjustabe. I've left them at max hard which is how they came out the box and will go for a spin tomorrow and back them off if needed.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Awesome.

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Loving this CRX, really looks great
    Its gone!