Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bango San Rio Aka EE8

Rides
    I have always liked CRX's and this makes me realise why again... for the millionenth time lol.

I actually prefer the look of the alloys you had to begin with. The new wheels dish seems too distracting for some reason, I can't quite figure it out as they are really nice alloys, they just seem to make the body look like it's riding high? (not a criticism, just trying to figure out why I prefer the original alloys. I think it's maybe because you focus on the entire car, not just the alloys?)

Please keep the work up, really looks like a nice car :-)

Rides
    That looks awesome

I want another one now, I need to stop looking

Rides
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
    I actually prefer the look of the alloys you had to begin with. The new wheels dish seems too distracting for some reason, I can't quite figure it out as they are really nice alloys, they just seem to make the body look like it's riding high? (not a criticism, just trying to figure out why I prefer the original alloys. I think it's maybe because you focus on the entire car, not just the alloys?)

I like the other wheels too, probaly went some way to me choosiing this car. I have no intention of selling them. Will tuck them away and use them in the winter months.

A higher offset wheel that appears more tucked does give the effect of a lower car so that could be one reason, but your right the wheels do stand out a bit more than before.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Me likey, colour combo is pretty good

Rides
    wheels are perfect for me dude, loving that long time

Rides
    We should swap wheels for the day Pablo

Rides
    Mate that is perfect there are not many cars that look that perfect with nothing more than wheels and lowness. But this one ticks all the boxes.

Rides
    I remember talking to you about these before. It was between this and the levin for me in the end and a super clean levin popped up so I bagged it!!! Love crx's though and yours looks very clean!! They look so old school gangster!
    Bring it round if your doing any work near me!!

Rides
    Cheers dude will do

On another note I had a bad start to Friday the 13th

I was awoken at 3am to a stripey topped hoodie trying to steal my crx

Dont know how they got in but I cant see any damage to the locks etc. They got spooked to early and ran off down the road. Was driving around looking for them till 4.30am

What they have done is rip the wire out of the alarm siren which has had the effect of immobilising the car so I couldn't take it to work today. I've removed the battery which has weird small terminals fitted and taken the locking key out the car, so they cant do much if they choose to come back.

The alarm. Its a bit of a, er lets say "period alarm". A Clifford concept 50x yo! Complete with wood effect fobs I hate the thing most of the time. Goes off too easy, but for once I was glad that its farkin loud

I can remember when I first heard it going off, I'd parked under a tree and thought to myself that most likely a leaf had dropped onto the windscreen and set it off (yes it is that sensitive )

Grrr
    Last edited by Pablo13; 13-05-2011 at 08:58.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Why cant these scummers get a fooking job so they can have their own car instead of trying to take other peoples

Car theives need their hands cutting off
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    That's a shitter dude

Least they didn't actually manage to nick it the trying to be thieving cnuts

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why cant these scummers get a fooking job so they can have their own car instead of trying to take other peoples

Car theives need their hands cutting off
    It makes me sooo angry. People but so much time, money and effort into their cars and often end up becoming attached to them. If I caught someone trying to get in my car I don't actually think I'd control myself

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by EMENEAR View Post
    I don't actually think I'd control myself
    If I'd seen a striped top I'd have mounted the pavement

Just been speaking to a local alarm guy, who informs me my alarm is too ancient to work on, so that will be £300 for a new alarm

I'll have a go a reconnecting the wires in the vain hope I can get it working when I'm back from work later, but its the last thing I need as I'm meant to be going to to the ring in less than two weeks and need all the cash I can get for that.

He can remove it to get it moving, but tbh I'd rather just leave it as it is until I can get a new one fitted, so I'll be pushing it to right outside my house and
    laying it up until I'm back from Germany. Fookers
    bstmeetbllk

Rides

Really nice car that.. need a CRX in my life one day

Rides
    Time for a little update.

On closer inspection from the attempted theft no locks have been damaged, but they jimmied the handle and chipped some paint, so I've touched that up to stop any rust for the meanwhile.

I tried to reconnect the broken wires on my siren, but it was still immobilised. Downside to all that is that I was off to the Nurburgring so had no spare cash, so it got laid up until I was back

Anyway got back.......saved, and £300 later my genuine wood effect fobs of my clifford 50x got replaced for the more contempary 650 mk2 ones

Shame really, as the alarm was quite period and went with the age of the car, but on the upside I now dont have to be within half a meter to arm or disarm it

Other little bits that have been happening were new spigot turned up and popped on

Got a new window rubber as I only had half of one for some reason.

No Rattles. Its like heaven in there now

Rear pads were a bit low and starting to make scrapey scrapey sounds so got me some new ones

Fitted

Will get round to painting the calipers at some stage too.

Also while I was there I fitted a matching exhaust mount to the other side of backbox as it was looking a bit lop sided from behind

And thats it, for now. Just really glad to be back driving the old girl
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Nice one pabs, you back running on the old rims or is that just an old pic?

Rides
    Just an old picture mate. Forgot to incude it in order
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Looking so good dude, glad about the alarm... Bloody pikeys!

Rides
    Beautiful, looks really nice and clean!

Rides
    Pabs,

I'm back in August, and would love to have a drive of this, if thats OK - I really like the look, and its screaming for a 2.0i VTEC FN2 engine with Hondata ECU