Thread: defi plug issues??? i have found a solution

Rides

defi plug issues??? i have found a solution

Last edited by 59bhp; 03-03-2014 at 12:13.

Rides
    would be cool if you could write a guide as i have defis now. although the work now would be great if there was a guide in the archive to refer to if they do break

Rides
    I've had this problem a couple of times, I ended up cutting the Defi loom off and replacing it with bullet connectors

Rides
    its more the issue of the connectors going into the control unit, but it can be applied anywhere

Rides
    I had to repair one of mine where it went into the control unit. I gormed the connector with hot melt glue

Rides
    I too had this issue - had to mend the connectors too.

Rides
    If you know where to buy the terminals from i would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, i have a controll unit 2 on my desk at the moment that needs one!

Rides
    @59bhp is there any chance you could put a guide incase it does happen I have these gauges in my track car and they worked grand but if they were to go I'd be stuck not knowing oil temp etc and wouldnt have time to search the net for it as it would probably be at a track day or a day before it
    Cheers

Rides
    Yeah someone is sending me there's to have a look at, if its suitable ill post up a guide with part numbers etc so you can have new plugs, terminals, etc as if it were from defi themselves

Rides
    okay doke, ive put the guide at the top

enjoy

Rides
    just to update this im currently on the hunt for the plastic plugs so it should be possible to just just buy the plugs and terminals and make your own wires (i.e. brand new for a fraction of the price)

im fairly sure they are made by a company called JST but hunting down the exact one is a bit tricky,

ive found the large black plugs that are on the sensor side (the waterproof ones that go in your engine bay) so they should be able to be made without too much trouble if i sort the above out

Rides
    For the control unit, I used some motherboard fan plugs and shaved off a few bits with a Stanley

Rides
    yeah there are quite a few options like that aslong as the terminal pitch is the same, however im trying to find the exact one at the mo, for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
    yeah there are quite a few options like that aslong as the terminal pitch is the same, however im trying to find the exact one at the mo, for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity
    haha stumbled on this from google,

just in case anyone is curious, I found what they were, the parts numbers, hell I even found a supplier. However they have a minimum order of 20,000 for each connector. They don't sell to places like RS or farnell or mouser etc. So I binned it off as a bad job. Took about a year of searching :S.

guide in the link at the top for replacing the terminals through which should see you through for most faults.