Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shift 2 - Gamer Tags

Rides

Shift 2 - Gamer Tags

anyone else playing Shift 2 at the moment?

would be good to see this auto log stuff put to use so throw up your xbox / PS3 usernames

XBOX
    1. CrysAk

PS3

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrysAk View Post
    anyone else playing Shift 2 at the moment?

would be good to see this auto log stuff put to use so throw up your xbox / PS3 usernames

XBOX
    1. CrysAk

PS3
    1.BigDvr6
    done

Rides
    PC owners not invited to the party then

Rides
    Anyone else noticed any bugs with this one..?

I have this on the PS3 and so far have encountered a few bugs such as finished one race in first saved the game and then it wouldn’t let me come out of the post race summary screen no matter what I pressed so I had to reset the PS and when I reloaded it hadn’t saved my progress.

During one race I ended up crashing into the barriers but then couldn’t move the car away to continue racing so I quite the race and restarted but the car reset to the grid sideways compared to everyone else on the grid that were facing forwards.

I also had a race yesterday finished in first pressed continue on the post race summary page and the game went into replay mode so exited that and the post race summary came up again telling me that I have just come first again taken 99.9999 minutes to complete the race and then it awarded me some more dollars for coming in first..?

Had a spectacular crash yesterday barrel rolling it through the gravel witnessed the wheels fly off the car and then the car reset itself to the track with the wheels back on the car when normally when the wheels come off its game over..

Random stuff really but hopefully they will fix these and other issues when they release a patch..

Other than the random glitches.. I don’t think the handling of the cars is as good as GT5 but maybe it will be a grower..
    Last edited by MASH; 04-04-2011 at 07:15.

Rides
    Is this worth getting?

Rides
    I really need to complete the first one
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Yea theres a fair few bugs, the 360 version crashes and hangs at least once everytime i play it

+ black screen until you pause the game sometimes after loading .. I'm VERY surprised this game shipped with those bugs as its a HUGEEEE nono when going with the process of actually getting a game on the shelf and Microsoft usually decline to release something in that state!

the handling very poor, esp as they marketed the game as a sim ... even with all the aids off, ABS / traction control seems to be enabled still (or poor physics...) and the drift/grip handling is different = FAIL

however saying that... the actual GAME is amazing... so much fun if you can forgive the handling.

as a gamer with no driving experiencing i would give it a 10/10 easy (minus bugs...) ... however haven driven a fair few cars now + owning a dirft/track car... 7-8/10 purely because of the poor car physics, it really does let an otherwise amazing game down

far more fun that Forza 3 and wayyy prettier (and tons more fun) than GT5.

however both GT5 and Forza 3 have the upper hand if you want a racing "simulator"

all in though, as already mentioned,. if you can forgive the handling physics its well worth playing! and im having a ton of fun with the grip events

Rides
    Well, my PC copy will finish downloading tonight so I'll get to see what it's like and whether it's an improvement on the original. Despite the original's somewhat 'quirky' handling, I enjoyed it immensely so we'll see how this one fares .

As long as the car doesn't steer all over the place, by itself, then I'm happy .

Rides
    i havent gotten that far into it, but havent encountered any bugs yet, its just got really slow load times as all ea games do

The handling is a bit iffy, and in helmet mode is made even worse as your always trying to over correct your steering.

Rides
    Thoroughly enjoying it myself .

Handling seemed to be absolutely 'fine' until I got the Lotus Exige and tuned it a bit. Uh oh, back to the original Shift's 'cars on ice'. Completely uncontrollable and no sensation of it being connected with the road at all. Up until now, this is the only car that's behaved like this. Have driven the following thus far :-
    Nissan GTR (right at the start of the game)
    Ford Focus ST (with LOTS of upgrades)
    Caterham
    Mazda RX7
    Nissan S15
    Nissan S14a
    Lambo Murcielago LP670 (I think)
    Alfa 8C
    Lotus Exige

and the Lotus is the only one to have exhibited the 'floaty' feel.

Could have done without the American 'yo, dude, like, awesome man' commentary (an option to have the English guy from Shift would have been nice) but it's not too distracting I suppose. I do also miss being able to quickly look at what circuits I still need to master the corners on - that was a nice feature of the original. Maybe it is in there somewhere, but it wasn't immediately obvious.

EDIT - For some reason, Cluck, Cluckers and Clucksworld had already been taken so I named myself 'Cluck the UK'
    Last edited by Cluck; 07-04-2011 at 09:54.

Rides
    Il be trading this in at the weekend as its a pile of turd, the handeling is so bad its ridiculous, im not even goinf to use the unlock key for online play

Rides
    Going to bump this for a couple of reasons.

1. I'm loving it still .
    2. The devs are taking an active part in various forums and are keen to explain things and get problems fixed (including the roller-skates handling on some cars).
    3. Just read this thread .

Compare and contrast the Slightly Mad Studio's attitude to that of Codemasters with F1 2010. I know who's game I'll buy next time .

Oh and I've just discovered the Bathurst track in Shift 2 . Not sure how I missed it before .

EDIT : And I've justed pissed myself reading a post from one of the devs. He was trying to help a user on nogripracing.com, but abruptly brought the help to a halt when seeing that user had taken screenshots of illegal software being installed
    Last edited by Cluck; 19-04-2011 at 11:44.

Rides
    Im loving it also (360) although it crashed on me last night and the force feedback through the wheel is terrible.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clarity View Post
    Im loving it also (360) although it crashed on me last night and the force feedback through the wheel is terrible.
    force feedback is one of the biggest complaints - alongside the occasionally roller-skate handling. The devs seem really keen to get the major bugs out of the way and then move on to the less critical ones. They also seem keen to help the community as far as realistically possible.

As I said earlier, the difference between their approach and that of Codemasters couldn't be more different . If you look at the link I posted, one of the head guys at SMS is seriously considering a community co-funded game. Costs, returns etc are all in discussion. Whether it will happen remains to be seen, but it's refreshing to see a non-indie company consider that route towards delivering a game that their funders actually want .

Rides
    How cool does this lot look

Now realise that PC owners won't be getting it. Thanks EA, thanks a fcuking bunch .

Rides
    me and a few mates are having huge issues with this, i have it on ps3 and PC, PC isnt as buggy but there are still massive holes in it, kinda shocked to see so many people "loving it" to be fair.

took me ages to get my PS3 to see the G27 stearing wheel, have to do some crazy mumbo jumbo to get it seen in the game.

on the PC version the stearing seems to go heavy for no reason, practice lap is fine, then the first race there is loads of resistance.

anyone else using a wheel and having issues??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by the hall View Post
    me and a few mates are having huge issues with this, i have it on ps3 and PC, PC isnt as buggy but there are still massive holes in it, kinda shocked to see so many people "loving it" to be fair.

took me ages to get my PS3 to see the G27 stearing wheel, have to do some crazy mumbo jumbo to get it seen in the game.

on the PC version the stearing seems to go heavy for no reason, practice lap is fine, then the first race there is loads of resistance.

anyone else using a wheel and having issues??
    Yep, the force feedback is one of the major problems highlighted so far. It's due to be fixed in the patch which looks like it's out early next week .

The simple, temporary workaround, on PC is to pause the game and then resume. The FFB normally goes back to normal . There's a lot of tips on NoGripRacing .

Rides
    Going to bump this with a quite awesome video made entirely from ingame footage. It's not by the makers, just a player with way too much time on their hands .

Rides
    Another quick bump for anybody who hasn't been following the thread I linked to earlier, Ian Bell (the head of SMS, the creators of Shift 2) is finalizing the legal side of the 'community funded' project. For as little as €10 you can help shape the next game and the main aims seem to be to :-

1. Provide a game that the community want
    2. Keep the publishers input as minimal as possible
    3. Provide a profit for EVERY investor

I'm in like flint on this as it has the potential to be VERY .

On a sidenote, I'm still loving Shift 2. The patch has helped a lot . Still can't drift for toffee so I guess it's quite realistic .

Rides
    Just got off this, I have got to say its the most fun I have had on a racer since PGR4 provides a real challenge and since the patch is loads better