Thread: spigot bush & engine mount Question

Rides

spigot bush & engine mount Question

Hi guys.
    I have removed my engine this morning and am in the process of fitting a manual gearbox and all the other baloney that goes with doing that, but I have 2 questions if anyone can help me out?????

1. I have got myself a manual spigot bush from Nissan (and another spare one I found from a previous s13) and have put them in engine oil to soak over night as I read this helps when fitting it, Im hoping tomorrow when I attempt this it will go in easy but has anyone got any amazing tips that might help me out? I have removed the bush before on a few breakers and remember how tough that was, I'm presuming it can only be more tough to put one of these little blighters in! and I don't want to damage it, any other tips anyone???

2. I have got myself some bodge-tastic hockey pucks to replace my tires engine mounts, obviously the engine is out of the car now, and the mounts are still attached to the chassis..........how in sweet jesus have you guys removed the bottom nut of the mount to take off the existing mount? I have used all my might & have exhausted my tool collection but these buts just WILL NOT shift, am i doing something wrong? or do i just need to do some more bench press down the gym
    There is not much room underneath for movement either I have found as the mount bracket things kind of curve round (that probably makes little sense.......any help????

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Rides
    hey!

1. fill the spigot hole with greese then get yourself a socket extention and slam it in, the force should pop it out...

2. leverage is the key; get a breaker bar. or get a nice pipe and extend your hand socket handle.

hope this helps :P

Rides
    hey demo, yeah I been trying with a breaker bar but it still won't budge!! I have soaked it in WD so hopefully give it another crack tomoz.
    As for the spigot bush, yeah I read about the grease trick, but I'm not trying to get the bush out, it all ready is out, I'm trying to get the new one back in!.

Rides
    Stick the new bush in the liquid nitrogen? If you local halfrauds is out of that, try popping it in the freezer overnight