Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling up

Rides

Thinking of selling up

Having a bit of a sad day I'm thinking of selling the s14a had it over three years now and it been perfect for me in that time a few little wear and tear problems but never any major ones.
    I'm at a stage where i need to start cutting back on cars and being realistic about what i need as i'm getting married next year and dont need a s14a, Mx5 and Mini especially seen as i have a work van for getting to work during the week. I sold my motorbike over christmas time and now it's time i think to get rid of the next vehicle.

any idea how much they are making at the moment? It's a 98 S14a on about 66k,I'm at stage1 including a H-dev chip. rota gtr's other than that its standard enough with a bit of rust coming through.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by aidstap View Post
    dont need a s14a.
    Everyone decent NEEDS a 14a shift the MX5

Rides
    Same as above, s14 is way more practical. Various s13's were our family cars in last 6 years with 2 kids on the board as well

Rides
    ah growing up and becoming sensible is crap lol.

tbh with you, if its not neccessary to sell something, i wouldnt atm with the way the market is.

but, if you do need to shift by a certain time maybe you should. i got a cash offer for mine and im struggling to come to a decision caus i dont have to sell but will i have a chance again? so really how badly do you want/need to shift it?
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    TBH mate they are not fetching much atm as people seem to be undervaluing them to sell them quickly as either they are out of work or emigrating.

My Stage 3 has been up for sale for a while now and Im really only getting people looking to swap or silly offers. I dropped the price of mine by over 25% and Im still getting people offering another 25% less than that

Rides
    I just bought my Stage1 100k mls S14a for under 3k, came with 2 years NCT and there was two other cars to choose from in the same price range

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam00 View Post
    Everyone decent NEEDS a 14a shift the MX5
    the mx5 isnt really mine to sell as the girlfriend owns it but after being crashed(passanger in another vehicle) into back in october she hurt her shoulder and has to go to physio every week and is unable to drive a manual so will be getting an automatic till she is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Same as above, s14 is way more practical. Various s13's were our family cars in last 6 years with 2 kids on the board as well
    Practicality doesnt come into it for me as i have the van if i ever need transport stuff around and i can count on one hand the amount of times i'v had people in the back of the nissan.

Quote Originally Posted by Neelie View Post
    ah growing up and becoming sensible is crap lol.

tbh with you, if its not neccessary to sell something, i wouldnt atm with the way the market is.

but, if you do need to shift by a certain time maybe you should. i got a cash offer for mine and im struggling to come to a decision caus i dont have to sell but will i have a chance again? so really how badly do you want/need to shift it?
    see its not really about the money for me i can afford not to sell it but my drive way is full there are four vehicles outside the house only two of us live in the house and atm only one of us drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    TBH mate they are not fetching much atm as people seem to be undervaluing them to sell them quickly as either they are out of work or emigrating.

My Stage 3 has been up for sale for a while now and Im really only getting people looking to swap or silly offers. I dropped the price of mine by over 25% and Im still getting people offering another 25% less than that
    I know how you feel i had it for sale a good while back and had hardly no interest in it only swaps and really silly low offers.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveV View Post
    I just bought my Stage1 100k mls S14a for under 3k, came with 2 years NCT and there was two other cars to choose from in the same price range
    To be honest I'm aiming for 3k for it the way it is now but i know if i remove some of the mods i'd be able to sell it for as little as 2-2.5k as i can sell the mods for that amount.

Think i will give it a good clean at the weekend and get some pictures of it and think about doing up a for sale add

Rides
    I know you have spent a ton and put a whole load of effort into it, but I persoanlly would rather see the mini go than the 14

Ask the missus if she still wants the 4 wheeled handbag and go from there, I think selling the 14 will only end in dissapointment.

Rides
    you may rather but i wouldnt i could go out in the morning and pick up ten s14a's as good as mine but i'd be looking for a very long time to find a Mini that i'd be happy with.

And if by four wheeled handbag your referring to the Mx5 its not going to be sold i plan on using that as my car when the 200 is gone, it's a much more fun car to drive than the nissan but nowhere near as fast.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by aidstap View Post
    t's a much more fun car to drive than the nissan but nowhere near as fast.
    Sounds like a contradiction to me mate, Fast = Fun

Sorry to hear that you're thinking about letting it go, Definitely understand your reasons but as said above it's definitely not going to give you a great return, the market is on it's knees at the moment

Whatever way you go with it though mate, good luck

Rides
    Well it seems like the 200 is going to have to be let go then sorry if I came accross as rude in my last post.

Your right about the mini, they are hard to get hold of in decent condition especially with a vtec conversion

Rides
    well gave it a wash today and did up a forsale thread, I'm in no rush to sell so if it goes it goes if not the thats fine

Rides
    aidan if you sell without the rims i would like first dibs on the fronts.
    pity you have to sell especially now as the market is gone to nothing

Rides
    Sorry to see it Aidan but hey, at least when all's said & done you've still got the Mini!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    sorry to here bud
    iam in the same boat, but cant justify a swap
    so iam taken it of the road, have storage there in a mate shed
    and not taxn her, so iam going building a 1jz in a 180sx or ps13

like it all swaps now, very little money out there

Rides
    just thought i bring this up again as i'v had it forsale for about a month and had hardly no interest, be thinking of holding onto it but as is always the way i'v been offered a car i'v been after for years just when i have no money
    why is it always like that?? am going on holidays on thursday so if its not sold by then i may well be holding onto it for another while especially if the other car gets sold between now and then

Rides
    Jesus that is cheap! €1500 fcuk!
    It'll be a shame to see it go!

Oh, whats the other car?

Rides

Red face

Considering you have parts on it worth a large chunk of that its a real shame. If I didn't have to leave the country id eat your arm off for the car at that price.

I shudder saying this but it will sell on drift Ireland thought its soft life will end .
    Last edited by Nuts; 12-04-2011 at 10:03.

Rides
    Maybe it's too cheap now?
    I know if I'm car shopping I always discount the most expensive and the cheapest, I'm sure it''ll sell at that price soon though, how can it not?

Rides
    well supposed to have somebody coming to look at it tonight so fingers crossed, i know its cheap but i'm in a very awkward situation as the car i want isnt going to hang around long and i'm off on holidays on thursday for nearly 2 weeks so have to try sell it before i go.