Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Steves S13 Project

Rides
    holy pooper steve this makes me sad

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Sorry to hear this Steve, best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Rides

Steves S13 Project

Cheers guys, makes me do a big sad too. I was in a right shit state yesterday but we'll see what happens and what gets sold and what doesn't and see where to go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Aaaaaaaand my daily got written off this morning! Hurrah!

Rides
    If you fell in a barrel of boobs right now you'd come out sucking your thumb !

Everyone alright ?

Rides
    I know right! Yeah thankfully everyone's fine thanks, my driveways starting to look even more like a scrap yard..!

Rides
    Glad to hear your not dead and no one else is and hopefully no serious injuries. On the bright side though you get to go car shopping twice now! Every cloud and all that...

Rides
    Haha cheers chappy, it wasn't that bad it'll just get put down as an uneconomical repair

All I need is to sell everything then I might be able to get something other than a bicycle!

Rides
    How's your neck lol

Rides
    claim for whiplash > buy clean s13 shell > finish RB build > win

Rides
    ^^^^what he said but on the other hand glad your ok bud,your luck as mine!! Lol

Rides
    Cheers guys, will see what the insurance say the other party has accepted liability anyway so it's all down to what they offer me and what daily I can afford to get as the pug want exactly worth a great deal..

Rides
    Shit Steve I had expected to see you in the road at some point over the summer and then I check your build thread... Did you end up selling? I'm experiencing similar luck, with my head gasket gone.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    Shit Steve I had expected to see you in the road at some point over the summer and then I check your build thread... Did you end up selling? I'm experiencing similar luck, with my head gasket gone.
    He broke it you not found anyone to help you out mate?

Rides
    Yeah it's true I ended up breaking, decided I was better to get rid and start a fresh when I have the space to work on one instead of trying to do bits on the drive and rushing things.

There's only so much you can polish a turd it turns out..

Tbh I'm glad I decided to stop when I did as some of the rust I've found since breaking I probably wouldn't have notice and it definitely wouldn't have been safe to drive on a regular basis. I've got ride of about 60% of the stuff worth selling and I've made a decent amount of money back.

But I'm currently on the hunt for a decent paid job (with some definitely positive leads) to move house to somewhere with either a double garage or space to build one, so I shall be returning probably with an import PS13 ready to get my hands on in the future as I just can't kick wanting one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pointz View Post
    He broke it you not found anyone to help you out mate?
    Nope, but I've been chatting to Dastardly for advice.

Rides
    I'm sorry to hear that, you put so much care and attention into the work on your car, it is a genuine shame. But if you are on the hunt for a job that can get you a double garage, then more power to you mate!!
    So it would seem that there are now a total of zero s13s and possibly no s-bodies at all in Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by steve109 View Post
    Yeah it's true I ended up breaking, decided I was better to get rid and start a fresh when I have the space to work on one instead of trying to do bits on the drive and rushing things.

There's only so much you can polish a turd it turns out..

Tbh I'm glad I decided to stop when I did as some of the rust I've found since breaking I probably wouldn't have notice and it definitely wouldn't have been safe to drive on a regular basis. I've got ride of about 60% of the stuff worth selling and I've made a decent amount of money back.

But I'm currently on the hunt for a decent paid job (with some definitely positive leads) to move house to somewhere with either a double garage or space to build one, so I shall be returning probably with an import PS13 ready to get my hands on in the future as I just can't kick wanting one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    There's a red stock s13 in immaculate condition just found the corner from me and I've heard talk of a k's ps13 rolling around as well.

What's the deal with yours tanuki? Just head gasket?

Rides
    I stand corrected, glad there are a few others. Yea hg, the water pump went a few days ago and it had been producing mucky gunk in the cooling system. Not sure if I'd be better looking for anther ca or trying to do the hg myself. I'm not sure where I'd have to send the head to be skimmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve109 View Post
    There's a red stock s13 in immaculate condition just found the corner from me and I've heard talk of a k's ps13 rolling around as well.

What's the deal with yours tanuki? Just head gasket?

Rides
    Ah right! Water pump ha he is an easy one, head gasket is a big job but definitely doable if you have the tools/time/space just follow a guide if there is one.

I've not used a machine shop locally but I'm sure there would be someone around that would be able to do it for you. Putting it back together is just a case of following all the torque specs etc in the Haynes manual if you have one, or grab a copy of the service manual, there's a few links flying around on the net.

If you decide to do it yourself and need a hand just give me a shout and I'll see if I can pop over at some point and lend a hand