Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Steves S13 Project

Rides
    Brilliant cheers fikemoo, did you make your loom yourself by any chance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rides
    The loom was the only thing I didn't tackle myself. Dal had made the loom for a previous customer and I just purchased it as is and cleaned it up a bit myself

Rides
    Ah ok no worries, cheers

Rides
    Waiting for a few bits to turn up at the minute and been crazy at work so only took off the cambelt cover to check its condition, which looks spot on. Also looks like the water pump is pretty new as there's fresh gasket glue everywhere and everything is super clean

Got some more heatshrink, some waterproof click connectors and a gearbox loom turning up so hopefully can square off some more of my wiring in the evenings this week

Rides
    making me want to do a RB25det conversion and I haven't even rebuilt my CA yet..

Rides
    So I've nearly finished the rb engine ECU loom. All spare wires got individually heatshrinked and then heatshrinked as a group

All new plugs connections made

Offered up and to see which of the normal RB plugs need to be altered due to the new plenum

These ones need extending

Tps plugs needs shortening

Started to work on the gearbox loom and found out my engines an auto so is missing all the manual gearbox connectors

So I'm having to build my own... Annoying but I have all the connector plugs from spare bits of other looms. Just when I thought i was getting close now I have to figure out converting an auto loom to manual and converting it into the s13 main loom -_-

Rides
    I dont envy you doing this lol

Rides
    Hours and hours of boring wiring.. Hopefully might start actually doing something to the shell next weekend as I've the full bank holiday off

Rides
    If you are stuck for a connector or two, I have a bunch of connectors from the loom on the S13 I broke. We cut the wires to get the loom out in a hurry but I kept all the connectors. PM me a pic if you want something and I'll see if I have it.

Rides
    Cheers Jonny, I have all the connectors as far as I can tell just need to make it up, half way through it at the minute after quite a bit of head scratching as I dont know which are the grounds on the reverse switch or the neutral switch -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides

Steves S13 Project

So I've provisionally completed my gearbox loom, I've just got to tidy it up.
    Need to put my gearbox onto the block so that I can check the lengths and positioning a of all the wires first and then see where I can shorten wires/extend if needed, but I think it's mainly all there.

Not as bad as I expected, if anyone needs a it of help doing similar I'll post up how I've done it.. Otherwise it's a bit of a bore!

Turns out I bought a ca18det gearbox loom when I had all the plugs from a spare in my bag of many many spare wires... How annoying!

Pics when I finish it and it looks pretty.. Hope it actually works...

Rides

Steves S13 Project

Well

I've just started to work on the shell and its 1000% worse the more I poke the more it falls apart.

I've literally just been able to pull the entire drivers sill off in my hands. I doubt I'll find a shell that's worth having for the money I now have left so everything will be going up for sale. As I definitely don't have the skills or time to do the work required to save the shell now..

If anyone wants anything before I start a for sale thread pm me.

Last edited by steve109; 04-04-2015 at 15:05.

Rides
    Noooooooooooooooooooo you can't give up yet m8, just seen this reply on driftworks and made me sad surely these a shell out there you can use?? Got my shell sitting in my garage but it's to modified for your needs?? which is a shame as I don't won't much for it. Gutted for you tho bud, it's heart breaking when you have to do something like this (I should know.)

Rides
    I know i really don't know what to do at the minute, basically put all my money in getting it ready to put back together, so I have zero left.

I've seen a shell in the for sale but it's still more money than I have, plus delivery/collection costs. I either sell some parts and try to reshell or sell all of it

Rides
    Gutted for you man! Would be a shame to see this project come to an end.. I've seen people save some really rotten shells on here, but it's all time/skill/money like you say. I hope someone can help you out with a reasonable shell for reasonable money!

Rides
    This ones way past my ability and I definitely can't afford to have it sent to someone to sort for me.

Really unsure where to go next, I either recoup the 4k+ worth or parts I have lying around or try gather some more funds for a replacement shell, there's a onevia on driftworks and two s13s on here I've contacted for more info, steff777 is one of them and he's pretty local to me. But this will seriously dent my funds to get any of them -_-

Rides
    Steve saw your post on driftworks too. Really sorry to hear the shell is beyond repair. If you do have that much in parts it may very well be worth selling up and looking for something rot free ? i have PM you

Good luck

Rides
    Why've you run out of patience all of a sudden, Steve ?

Can you not plan on working on the bits for 6 months while you save up a few quid for a decent shell ?

Alternatively, why not ditch the RB and go back to a CA ? RBs cost a lot of money for what you get back.

Rides
    You're right I could save everything and save for a new shell that's decent, which I'm also considering but I'm having to weigh up a few things at the moment. My run around needs work for its next mot + a new windscreen as it smashed this week as well. My lawn mower blew up yesterday as well!

Realistically it would take me at least a year to save for a half decent shell, and within that time I have to somehow move house. So for now cash in the bank would be a more useable option. As I was planning on having this up and running and back using it daily to get rid of the other car to get some funds back.

Still have some thinking to do though that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    So I've decided, everything is up for sale, so I can hunt for a good shell and start again, maybe even import one.

Ideally I'll keep the engine and looms, dash fuel tank and a few other bits that are in good condition and everything else can be sold. I've put the engine up for what I've paid out so if it goes it goes if not then I'll just keep it. The reason for this is for the. It's part I was going to swap all the parts I have saved up bar the engine in the long run so why not now?

I am pretty gutted but also I'm pretty optimistic, as I want something that's worth having and not just chucking money at for no real gain. So we'll see what happens, it won't be quick but that's life and in the mean time I'll just refurb bits and pieces that I haven't done already