Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought would drop in...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Can make it out just in this one

Edit: better pic

Last edited by Chriscooke; 09-02-2011 at 15:42.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Hi Scott,how are you? are you still the same Mr ocd that pops on the seatcupra forum now and again?

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr OCD View Post
    I sold my 200sx in Jan 2008
    So what've you got now Engine Swap (now that's a few years ago!)? Funnily enough I looked on your website a week or so back to see if you'd been detailing anything 'interesting'.

Rides
    Welcome back fella, you still working in IT or gone to detailing full time. What's your current steed?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Can make it out just in this one

Edit: better pic
    Cheers dude ... can see she not changed

Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    Hi Scott,how are you? are you still the same Mr ocd that pops on the seatcupra forum now and again?
    I'm very well thanks mate... yep I'm the one who pops up on SCN now and again (too many muppets on there in all honesty so dont go on much)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    So what've you got now Engine Swap (now that's a few years ago!)? Funnily enough I looked on your website a week or so back to see if you'd been detailing anything 'interesting'.
    LOL... been detailing plenty of interesting stuff but been lazy updating the website...

Quote Originally Posted by andyfield View Post
    Welcome back fella, you still working in IT or gone to detailing full time. What's your current steed?

Went to detailing full time... didnt like it so went out and found a permanent IT Manager job which been doing for last couple years now. Still detail part time though so enjoy it more as a hobby that a career choice ... plus I'm getting old

Current steed:

In all honesty rarely drive it much anymore as commute via motorbike to Liverpool every day so have considered getting rid of it but although looks a nice clean standard Cupra it has of course been modified underneath...

RR'd on a Dyno Dynamics at 227bhp / 252lbft torque

Obviously not as quick as my old 200sx... but much more refined on the road and a nicer car to drive. I rather fond of it as it's great fun to drive.

Rides
    Thought it would be you mate! car looks nice,i'm only in with the Altea crowd,which are probably 30 plus lol
    heres what i'm using daily!

Shame to see that your not full time on the detailing! don't blame you though if you can sit in a warm office for simular money!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    Thought it would be you mate! car looks nice,i'm only in with the Altea crowd,which are probably 30 plus lol
    heres what i'm using daily!

Shame to see that your not full time on the detailing! don't blame you though if you can sit in a warm office for simular money!
    Good cars those Altea's (for an MPV ) ... I'm generally in the Leon Mk1 forum although like said don't use it too much for obvious reasons when you look in there...

I like the Cupra as its plenty quick enough for the road, sticks to the road like shit to a blanket (despite being FWD) and is refined with all the mod cons (electric leather recaros... hmmm ) and being VAG made is ultra reliable ... its done 40k miles with me and only had to replace coil packs (£20 each) and a couple of split vaccum hoses ... rest is mods and maintenance ...

With having a massive interest in motorbikes (doing trackdays, etc) I've kind of lost interest in very quick cars...

In all honesty with the detailing there are too many monkeys jumping on the bandwagon in the last couple of years who are calling themselves professionals so the amount of work available is reducing. I've spoken to a few detailers who have been in the business a long time and they agree with me on this but due to the customer relationships we have built over the years detailing work is not an issue although obviously at the moment it is a quiet time of year ... show season starts shortly so making the most of any free time I have ... which is being spent doing MTB'ing!