Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline... Today at 11pm

Rides

Transfer deadline... Today at 11pm

Ok, this Torres story has been goon for a while ~50m is being banded around to prise him away from Liverpool to the Chelsea machine. But what is happenin next I seriously baffling me - surely, surely... Liverpool can't be thinking of spending the vast majority of Torres's fee on Andy Carroll??!!
    £35m for Andy Carroll - that is the most single nuts thing I have heard for some time. He's barely a £10m player let alone 3.5 times that?!

Anyone else confused?

Rides
    I heard the Torres transfer to Chelsea was off - on the grounds that John Terry had failed to agree personal terms with Torres' wife

Rides
    35 million for Andy Carroll madness!!!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clarity View Post
    35 million for Andy Carroll madness!!!!!
    Totally. Having said that, if Bent is worth £17m or whatever, then Carroll must be worth double?

Rides
    What would Barca want for Messi based on these figures??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Totally. Having said that, if Bent is worth £17m or whatever, then Carroll must be worth double?
    Ordinarily I'd agree - however, following Bents last move is goal scoring record was under discussion and he actually has a decent tally.

Carroll however is largely untested* and basically a thug.

* although he obviously has the physical attributes needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all just the media made up circus and in reality the whole transfer Market is just dull this year. I guess we'll see later in the evening

Rides
    They've agreed a fee for Carroll

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/
    Last edited by clarity; 31-01-2011 at 16:44.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by some local rag
    Newcastle are understood to have agreed a £35m offer for the England international, who will become the eighth most expensive player in the history of world football.
    Crackers. Absolutely crackers. The only Hal logical thing now is for Torres to be confirmed - otherwise I'm dumbfounded.

Rides
    They've agreed a fee for Carroll

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/
    Yep, he's on his way to Melwood for a medical. Latest report is that it's a club record, so we'll wait and see.

£35M would be mad, so I'm hoping it's a lot less 'up front' but with lots of performance bonuses chucked in to make up the extra sum.

What worries me is that Suarez still hasn't signed on the dotted line . Hoping we get Charlie Adams aswell.

Rides
    Hows he going to pass that medical?? Hes missed their last five games, ill say it again madness!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    I would never go bent for 17million... would have to be at least 20mil before i pushed back.

All this talk of stupid money, why doesnt the government stick a tax on football players, say 10%.

Will pay for the whole of wales in one season surely

Rides
    Hows he going to pass that medical?? Hes missed their last five games, ill say it again madness!!!
    I wondered the same thing .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Yep, he's on his way to Melwood for a medical. Latest report is that it's a club record, so we'll wait and see.

£35M would be mad, so I'm hoping it's a lot less 'up front' but with lots of performance bonuses chucked in to make up the extra sum.

What worries me is that Suarez still hasn't signed on the dotted line . Hoping we get Charlie Adams aswell.
    Charlie Adams on his way aswell prob for 86 million

Rides
    Charlie Adams on his way aswell prob for 86 million
    Bargain

Both will be very good signings but the sums involved are just bonkers. It hasn't been reported but clearly Torres must be on his way to Chelsea .

Rides
    Torres is on his way to Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Torres is on his way to Chelsea
    Just read that too . Shame, but there's no point trying to hold on to him if he's not happy. He wants decent medals and that's not going to happen this year and maybe not even next year so I can't blame him .

EDIT : Looks like Chelsea have managed to secure David Luiz after all . That's a lot of wonga they've just splashed out .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    £35M would be mad, so I'm hoping it's a lot less 'up front' but with lots of performance bonuses chucked in to make up the extra sum..

Sky Sports News (the lovely Ms Thompson) mentioned this is a £35m cash deal with performance bonus's on top.

Unbelievable.

Is Carroll really going to
    a) provide as a £35m striker would or
    b) develop as a striker into a tidy profit after x years (on top of the £35m outlay)

Rides
    adams wont be going anywhere!.................hopefully

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chef View Post

Sky Sports News (the lovely Ms Thompson) mentioned this is a £35m cash deal with performance bonus's on top.

Unbelievable.

Is Carroll really going to
    a) provide as a £35m striker would or
    b) develop as a striker into a tidy profit after x years (on top of the £35m outlay)
    That's stark raving bonkers . OK, he could prove his worth and only time will tell, but to get a return on that 'investment' is going to mean he's got to be up there as a leading goal-scorer season after season. Finger's crossed that turns out to be the case .

I'm more excited by the Charlie Adam signing though. And there's still no official announcement that Luis Suarez has signed .

Quote Originally Posted by smithylee View Post
    adams wont be going anywhere!.................hopefully
    Sorry but I think you're going to have to be resigned to the fact that he's going. It's a shame for Blackpool and I hope it doesn't have too big an impact there - I really like them as a team and Ian Holloway is a breath of fresh air .

Rides
    I couldn't believe newcastle turned down £30m for carroll, but then when spurs were interested aswell, and the pool having £50 from torres it's a great piece of business from Newcastle.

It's fcuking nuts though. For that kind of money you want to be getting a proven 30 goal a season player at the top of his game. Not someone with the potential to become one.

David Villa only cost £5 more
    Utd wouldn't pay that much for tevez

With andy reid in at blackpool, Charlie adam will sign for Liverpool too. Now that deal is a bargain at anything under £10 million. His passing is just what they need since alonso left to link defence to attack.
    Last edited by twincam; 31-01-2011 at 18:06.