Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: how much caffeine is to much

Rides
    I'm cutting out caffeine this week, just out of interest as to whether it will make me feel any better..

I take tablets on and off to reduce my heart rate as it goes a bit crazy sometimes and makes me feel a bit shitty, so it will be interesting to see if I feel any better for it

Also drink loads of tea just before I go to bed, which although I never feel like it keeps me awake, it's supposed to disrupt your sleep, so I might feel more awake. .. or not!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ View Post
    On a normal working day for me its about 30 cups espresso
    And not the weak stuff.

Just not sleeping enough, but never did that since i was a kid
    Perhaps the two statements are related?

Rides
    Ill all fairness Lou...sugar could cause more damage than the small-ish amount off caffeine you are using

Rides
    Those 2 statements could be related, but never had any coffee when i was a youngster

Nah, but im sleeping 4-5 hours most days. Must be enough as im still going strong

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    I'm cutting out caffeine this week, just out of interest as to whether it will make me feel any better..

I take tablets on and off to reduce my heart rate as it goes a bit crazy sometimes and makes me feel a bit shitty, so it will be interesting to see if I feel any better for it

Also drink loads of tea just before I go to bed, which although I never feel like it keeps me awake, it's supposed to disrupt your sleep, so I might feel more awake. .. or not!
    Just be prepared to feel grumpy and perhaps headaches for a few days until you adapt. Tea before bedtime was definitely enough to keep me from sleeping well. If you have to have a warm drink then rooibos (redbush) isn't bad.

Rides
    I didn't know rooibos was available there, its pretty much my favorite tea.

off topic i know, sorry.

Rides
    Don't generally have sugar unless I'm out at Starbucks or Costa or whatever

Just going to drink decaf for a bit, doesn't taste that bad Can't deal with that redbush tea, not a fan!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I didn't know rooibos was available there, its pretty much my favorite tea.

off topic i know, sorry.
    Yep, we can get it in most supermarkets now. My partner switched to it when pregnant to avoid the caffeine, I started drinking it in a solidarity kind of way (as I'm a modern man me ) and I suddenly found my sleep improved immensely....apart from when she was pregnant, as neither of us got any sleep then.....and now the twins wake up randomly, so that doesn't help sleep either....but in general, an improvement, honest

Rides
    I don't want to put anybody off going cold turkey, but for me the worst part was the shakes. The headaches were nothing compared to my lack of control over the hands and arms. That's how I knew I had been drinking too much .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
    Just take it a day at a time for the minute.

I'll be proud of you if you make it through the weekend
    It has not been easy the past few days lol
    Monday work 7am-7pm then cinema
    tuesday work 12noon - 10pm then the pub and then chinese
    today work 7am-7pm, And I am sure I have the cinema again tonight.

got the next 2 days off though and then back in for the weekend, Oh joys

I am going to try and have no coffee or energy drinks till Monday, I feel sorry for my staff over the weekend lol

Rides
    Good luck!

all this talk of it being bad for you is atleast making me consider quitting. I should probably stop smoking first though.

Not sure how my work colleagues will survive it, I already have the worlds shortest temper

Rides
    I wont drink coffee or anything with caffeine in it after 6pm, i like to get a nice long sleep thats half decent instead of a crap few hours of useless shut eye as you are far more productive after a good nights sleep.

Normally in bed for 11 and up at 7.30.

Some of you lot are right addicts lol, i hate to think the state some of you could be in if you keep that up

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I don't want to put anybody off going cold turkey, but for me the worst part was the shakes. The headaches were nothing compared to my lack of control over the hands and arms. That's how I knew I had been drinking too much .
    My experience of cold turkey from caffeine for a week was wanting to kill every single person in the same room as me - everyone else all felt the same too... we didn't realise someone had switched our proper coffee for decaf

Rides
    I tried Decaf during the week. How the hell did you not realise it was Decaf. It is vile and revolting.

I have had 1 coffee since 8pm Monday. And only because my Cousin who is a Nurse told me to, Because it is bad to just stop completely.

Rides
    I've had 4 double espressos today and i can feel my heart beating, that's more than enough for me.

I had a guy start last week who had a mild heart attack because he had too much caffine (from memory he took 6 proplus and 4 cans of monster within a couple of hours). He's 21.

It can be very dangerous :s I'd cut down straight away.

Rides
    I've had nothing for the last couple of days.. actually do feel a lot better for it tbh. Didn't think it would make a difference

Not had that horrible panicky silly heart rate thing going on as much as I was, so drinking cofee during the day obviously wasn't helping with that

Rides
    it wold be the pro plus that done it.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Caffeine is bad, I cant do caffeine at all, not in Red Bull, coffee or anything else - makes me go all weird.

I stick to class A drugs and enough alcohol to know out a horse instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    My uncle stopped drinking coffee when his wife started buying decaf, it really wasn't good for him.
    The doctors took 2 months to figure out why he was so ill that he couldn't eat or sleep and drove his car straight off the road into a tree.
    He had been drinking 15-20 coffees a day for 20 years then retired to Spain when it all happened so his body had become dependent on caffeine to the point where the decaf would have killed him after a couple more months as his organs were starting to fail, so too much caffeine is bad for you but completely cutting it out can be worse.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    I've had nothing for the last couple of days.. actually do feel a lot better for it tbh. Didn't think it would make a difference

Not had that horrible panicky silly heart rate thing going on as much as I was, so drinking cofee during the day obviously wasn't helping with that

Funnily enough I feel worse. NOt had headaches or shakes etc. Just feel shit