Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: My Rextoration Project

Rides
    Lol! Cool, may go with them so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides

NCT - Passed!! (& Advans update)

It passed the NCT (MOT equivalent) with flying colours!!

For those of you that don't know what a typical NCT-sheet looks like for a rotary-powered car of any year in Ireland (yes, that includes all RX8s as well ) here's a sample of the rotary-relevant part:

Here's the full sheet - considering I've not touched the geometry or anything in the car since I bought it as a rolling shell I was well-impressed with its performance!

I got a new battery sorted for it, above the spec needed as well so I shouldn't have any trouble with start-ups or leaks anymore!

Ninja advised me that the Oil Metering Pump (OMP) seems to be on its way out so I've either to keep it below 7200-odd rpm or else use a bottle of this with each tank:

I'll play it safe til I can source a new OMP.

It's been a while since I've looked at my Advans (the higher priority of having the car running, mapped, back, taxed & NCT'd kinda came first..!) so I had the thought that the 17x9 et38 SA3Rs that sit on the back might look pretty bad-ass on the front... I wasn't wrong! Here's a mock-up I did without tyres; what're ye're thoughts?

OEM 16s:

And the same 17x9s et38 on the rear:

OEM 16:

From the top-down it doesn't protrude like the front does:

And before anyone says it, no I'm not going with spacers.

I've found someone selling 2 17x9s so I'll have a ponder & maybe pick up those so that I'll have 9s all-round on some 235/45/17 tyres to keep the tyre sizes along with the wheel sizes even instead of going staggered with the 17x8 et35 I have at the moment.

Rides
    They look to sit alright in fairness. Fancy any of my parts, I'm selling up. See the other parts for sale section.

Rides
    Where did you pick up the rims in the end jp?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skinz180189 View Post
    They look to sit alright in fairness. Fancy any of my parts, I'm selling up. See the other parts for sale section.
    True, I'm in 2 minds though whether I'm bothered changing the wheels - it looks well & handles great as standard but I'm in no rush to decide anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by T.J View Post
    Where did you pick up the rims in the end jp?
    I didn't yet TJ: they were the ones I've had for a while from the UK - need to find another set of 9s still.

So finally it's been to the bodyshop to get all the niggles that were bothering me sorted like the flaky wingmirrors, dodgy-mounted front numberplate with associated holes in the bumper etc! I chose a new position for the front plate & got a metal one made up, just need to get a jap-shape rear one made up now to replace the plastic rear one.

As much as it looks pretty mint in the pictures (& the dent repair of the front passenger wing I can't fault), the paint matching wasn't done so the colours are slightly off from panel to panel, and the spray work on the rear spoiler isn't as perfect as I would like so it's going back to the bodyshop in a week or so to give them a chance to rectify the lot.

More 2-stroke needed still... Eurol have changed their packaging of late it seems:

Rides
    Oooo, it's been a long while since I've updatedd this - short story is the Rex was sold a few months back to an owner over in the West of Ireland, around Clare I believe. Here's hoping they enjoy it as I did when I was using it as my daily driver for the last few months before it sold.

Rides
    More cowbell......

Rides
    I got a fever...