Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: L.A. Noire

Rides
    Hmm, some mixed reviews then? I was going to buy it on friday but went to BDC at Norfolk for the whole weekend. I think I'll still buy it though, will try pick it up this week and post up what I think also.

Rides
    Grrr, at the ned of my last case it had the cheek to tell me that I should have gotten somewhere more quickly to reveal more of the story... my partner was driving, so I don't see how that's my fault!

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    I am up to Vice now and still really enjoying it, though I am hoping that from this point on the cases do still intrigue as I loved all of Homicide and was sad to move on.

Rides
    I'm enjoying it more now I'm into the homicide cases.

Although my comments on the game come across negatively I'd like to stress that I do think it is a good game on the whole, it just has some flaws.

Hoping to tear through a fair chunk of it today as have a day off

Rides
    The only glitch I have encountered so far has been tracking down a cab during one of the Homicide cases.

You get a call out on your radio to its last known location, you go there, but it never materialised.

I bombed out and reloaded the game, then a yellow dot appeared on the map, showing the last location of the cab, which had not popped up before, go there and was looking around and came across a yellow cab in the middle of the street when the driver standing motionless on the roof.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I'm enjoying it more now I'm into the homicide cases.

Although my comments on the game come across negatively I'd like to stress that I do think it is a good game on the whole, it just has some flaws.

Hoping to tear through a fair chunk of it today as have a day off
    I like reading your reviews Delboy as you write them nice and fairly rather than going "it's great" or "its shite" lol.

Oh and I had Fable 2 in the car at the HWH meet and remembered I was meant to give it to you as I pulled up at home

Rides
    Cheers fella, I try to be constructive with criticism I rarely say something is just shite, as what's shite to me may be the best thing ever for someone else!

As I said, it's a good game and I'm enjoying playing it on the whole, but I've not clicked with it as I do with other games.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that completely not in any hurry for it. Did you ever get around to playing it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Cheers fella, I try to be constructive with criticism I rarely say something is just shite, as what's shite to me may be the best thing ever for someone else!

As I said, it's a good game and I'm enjoying playing it on the whole, but I've not clicked with it as I do with other games.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that completely not in any hurry for it. Did you ever get around to playing it?
    All tastes in games are different. I'm liking the sound of this one though. Although I'm sure I'll get in trouble as I WILL run people over with the police cars .

Erm.......not yet lol. Might play it soon now I've remembered about it. Got an Exam on thursday so will be after then.

Rides
    I'm really enjoying it, slowing myself down so I down rattle through the cases in a week.

Although the clue hunting is a little repetitive, feeling out for the vibration etc.. I think the writing is pretty good for a video game.

It was either Edge or Eurogamer that summed it up for me when they wrote that there is no part of this game that hasn't been done better elsewhere, but no one has managed to bring all the different gameplay elements together as well as they are here.

Either way, I wore my pre-order T-Shirt at the weekend and loads of different people were asking me about it! Popular game

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    The only glitch I have encountered so far has been tracking down a cab during one of the Homicide cases.

You get a call out on your radio to its last known location, you go there, but it never materialised.

I bombed out and reloaded the game, then a yellow dot appeared on the map, showing the last location of the cab, which had not popped up before, go there and was looking around and came across a yellow cab in the middle of the street when the driver standing motionless on the roof.
    I had a problem with this bit as well, I got the call that the cab had been spotted, but accidently also accepted a call for help over the radio/side mission. Went off in the other direction, finished the street crime, then went to the spot of the last sighting, the cab obviously wasnt there, and no more reports of its movements had come in.

Rebooted the console, and when the call came in about the cab, I only did that, not doing the side mission, and as I got closer the cars location kept getting updated until I could see it and pull it over

Rides
    Well I've got in on a 6 week loan as my mate bought it on Friday, but doesn't pick his PS3 up for 6 weeks so he came round for a session on Saturday, and has left it with me - ideal!

Rides
    Finished it last night, the ending is a little.... Odd.

Won't ruin anything for anyone

The story got loads better towards the end as everything started coming together and it felt more like a usual Rockstar title with the way it held my interest and developed the plot.

Also, if anyone watches fringe then you'll recognise one of the actors in the game towards the end

So overrall I'd say worth playing through

Now to find out if FMG wants it still and if not I'll go trade it in for something else, not sure what yet. I've been quoted a fairly generous £32, so it's a choice between:

Crysis 2
    Portal 2
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood & Dead Rising 2 (both cheap enough to get them both for that amount now)

Any other suggestions?

Rides
    PM heading back your way - just bear in mind I'll be in Germany from tonight till Monday evening if I suddenly stop replying

Rides
    Phelps. Badge twelve-forty-seven.

How can I help, detective?

Operator, give me R&I.

Putting you through now.

Detective, are you calling from the phone of a murder suspect with them right in front of you without asking their permission again? I thought so. Just one moment while I sift through multiple rooms of paper records to find the exact minor detail you are looking for in 3 seconds or less.

Thanks ma'am.

Rides
    just bought it got it from tesco for £25 with another top 20 chart game so bought it will fifa 11 which is £25 too .. already got fifa on ps3 but prefer it on xbox so mehh

my mate said he bought this yesterday and played from 5 til just after midnight then woke up an hour late for work so called in sick and still playing it now very addictive he thinks lol

Rides
    Bought it last night, only got an hour or so in, but loving it already. Haven't had any trouble with the controls on xbox, and the interrogation process seems straight forward. Only thing I'm never sure on is when its 'ok' to shoot someone. LOL

Rides
    ^Haha, totally agree with the 2 posts above! i had a hard time getting out of bed this morning, stayed up way too late playing it last night and didn't really want to do anything else today... Only 5hrs until I get home though

I'm struggling too to know what to do in certain parts of the game, I think its just from being so used to having eveything spoonfed in CoD etc, I have no initiative anymore!

Rides
    Apparently it's always OK to shoot someone - every time I've tried to end a hostage situation without shooting the suspect in the head it's gone wrong

It seems like If you're not allowed to shoot, the game won't let you get your gun out.

Is anyone else having to go back and do cases multiple times because you can't handle not getting the full story?

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    You can go back?!?! So I've been lying awake at night for no reason?

Rides
    Yeah, at the opening menu you can scroll down from resume to cases... In there

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199