Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L.A. Noire

Rides

L.A. Noire

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/

Hmmmm looks like this might be good!

Rides
    I can't wait for this, it seems to have the best character animation I have yet seen in a videogame. Very excited indeed

Rides
    I've got a gamestation voucher that I've been holding on to for when this comes out. Looks good

Rides
    That does look interesting
    Rockstar do tend to manage decent stuff so have high expectations for that

Rides
    does look good

Rides
    I am a little worried that the main selling point of this game so far seems to be just the lip synching...

Rides
    Bumping a bit of an old thread here, looks like its going to be released on the 20th of this month. I've just watched this video of it on youtube, looks pretty decent, very similar to Mafia 2, I think I'll be getting this when it comes out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYym1U226M

Rides
    Yeah look slike its gonna be awesome, I have had it on preorder for a few months now

Rides
    Had my eye on this one, will probably be one of the rare games I buy at launch, hope it lives up to expectations

Rides

La Noire

anyone going to buy this i think it looks ace,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubkqHQbgc1Y

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    The technology, money and effort they have put into making it is epic!

A lad at work has played it and says it is brilliant but don't be expecting a GTA style sandbox free for all - its more linear than that but their is a lot more substance to it.

Rides

Rides
    There doesn't appear to be a demo for this game.
    Last edited by Silane; 17-05-2011 at 08:22.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    As I said in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    The technology, money and effort they have put into making it is epic!

A lad at work has played it and says it is brilliant but don't be expecting a GTA style sandbox free for all - its more linear than that but their is a lot more substance to it.

Rides
    Dunno why, but it just doesnt do it for me ..... probaby put off by it looking like grand theft auto, but with less freedom to just wander and a 1930s gansta theme.

I can see myself getting ovely annoyed by playing the same scene for the 15th time in a row as I try to chase a car down in another car, but keep wiping out on fcuking taxis ... before just getting bored with the story line that you NEED to follow to progress.

I got bored of GTA after San Andreas .... so this game looks to be a bargain buckeet game 2 years down the line for me

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Dunno why, but it just doesnt do it for me ..... probaby put off by it looking like grand theft auto, but with less freedom to just wander and a 1930s gansta theme.

I can see myself getting ovely annoyed by playing the same scene for the 15th time in a row as I try to chase a car down in another car, but keep wiping out on fcuking taxis ... before just getting bored with the story line that you NEED to follow to progress.

I got bored of GTA after San Andreas .... so this game looks to be a bargain buckeet game 2 years down the line for me
    Good call. I had that with the very early GTA games and never bothered to buy any more, I think the last one I bought was on the PS2!

I seem to be the same with most games though. :\ Can't sit down and play for longer than an hour tops. Think I played Mass Effect for about 40 mins in total.

Rides
    I can see where you are coming from, however I am going to recant my earlier comment having managed to read the embargoed Guardian review, Eurogamers preview and one of the "first 15 mins" videos on YouTube before Rockstar managed to ninja it and to be honest it looks very very good to me.

Having the focus not soley on a GTA style play appeals, as do the clue finding and witness/suspect interogation, the latter seems the most interesting as from what the Guardian had to say before it got removed, you need to look properly at this new facial system to look for tells on a person to see if they are lying, then back it up with the correct truth from your clue gathering.

I think even if it only ends up delivering half of what it seems then I think it could still be another leap ahead for future games.

Rides
    I really didn't fancy picking this up but now its days from release and I've followed it and watched the trailers and TV ads I've stuck it at the top of my must have list! Luckily its my Birthday on Monday so this will hopefully be appearing then Looks awesome! Rockstar are excellent! Red Dead Redemption is one of the most amazing games i've ever played. I hope this has some of its magic.

Rides
    My copy has been sent from shopto.net

Win!

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I keep getting a ripping from the guys at Games Centre because I think it looks pretty but will be crap LOL

I got board of GTA within 3 days. Its just the same thing repeated. This is will be the same. I am going to "LOL" at all the parents buying it for their kids because the see the the Rockstar and "18" logo goes on the box, only for their kids to be bitterly disappointed its not as free roaming as GTA.