Thread: advice needed on my 200sx s14a engine/turbo info

Rides

advice needed on my 200sx s14a engine/turbo info

hi all

i am having problems knowing what turbo and etc is in my car. the car has had 2 previous owners and no paperwork to say turbo has been changed. its runnign stage 2 HD chip and has the 555c injectors. the garage has stated the screws appear not to have been touched so seems the 555s have been in there from new?? there is also a hks sticker on the slam pannel which appears to be from factory also. the turbo is defo bigger then standard and has a hks actuator but we cant see the turbo as its still on the car. its a uk car not import. i have taken a pic of the sticker to see if anyone can help. seems very strange. the sticker says...... HKS SUPER TURBO RACING and HKS SUPER MULTI RACING.

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by woods206; 15-01-2011 at 13:55. Reason: more info

Rides
    hard to see is the turbo stamped hks?and nismo 555 are not oem

Rides
    the turbo is a garrett 1 as it says it on there, but we cant see any other markings on it apart from a .64 i think. i didnt think 555s would be oem but there adiment the screws dont appear to have any marks on. my next thing was to phone nissan as its a uk and give chassis number to see what they can provide.
    i was wondering if anyone else had that sticker on there slam pannel.

thanks

chris

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by woods206 View Post
    hi all

i am having problems knowing what turbo and etc is in my car. the car has had 2 previous owners and no paperwork to say turbo has been changed. its runnign stage 2 HD chip and has the 555c injectors. the garage has stated the screws appear not to have been touched so seems the 555s have been in there from new?? there is also a hks sticker on the slam pannel which appears to be from factory also. the turbo is defo bigger then standard and has a hks actuator but we cant see the turbo as its still on the car. its a uk car not import. i have taken a pic of the sticker to see if anyone can help. seems very strange. the sticker says...... HKS SUPER TURBO RACING and HKS SUPER MULTI RACING.

Thanks

Chris
    them stickers come with a new hks actuator in the box, mine did and I also have put it on the slam panel

Rides
    You will need to take the turbo out, but if its stg2 it should really be running a stock t28.
    Also the s14s SR runs 370cc injectors stock so there is no way bigger ones will be on it unless changed and no way a stg2 chip will be running stock ones either.

You garage seem a bit confused (no surprise there) as the turbo doesn't have any screws holding it on. Take it all out yourself and dont trust a monkey to do it.

Rides
    I think he's saying the injector screws, not the turbo.

Rides
    Fair enough i am the monkey then
    But of course there is still no way those are bigger than 370s from stock.

If its got a stg2 chip then its either bigger injectors or some pikey has been using an adjustable fpr on it - which is stupid.

Rides
    Yup, TBH, you can use screws without damaging them. Clearly this garage can't so maybe that's confusing them.

Rides
    hi all

Thanks for the info. would it be normal to put a hks actuator on to a standard t28 turbo? that would explain the sticker.

i will try and see what the turbo is.

Thanks

Chris

Rides
    hi mate the turbo is standard as i said before i sold the car to you and after

it was jez at horsham developments who fitted the injectors i gave you the receipt for it all inc the hks actuator.i put the hks actuator on myself to make the boost a bit more stable as advised by jez and people on here and i put the sticker on the slam panel aswell. hope this clears up these questions

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_200s14a! View Post
    hi mate the turbo is standard as i said before i sold the car to you and after

it was jez at horsham developments who fitted the injectors i gave you the receipt for it all inc the hks actuator.i put the hks actuator on myself to make the boost a bit more stable as advised by jez and people on here and i put the sticker on the slam panel aswell. hope this clears up these questions
    thanks mate