Thread: few pointers few my new daily project

Rides

few pointers few my new daily project

So yesterday i had a nice day out in Brighton picking up my new daily driver that will be a mini project. As soon as i can take some decent pics and get work started il start a new thread for it. a diesel mk2 caddy pick up, i love it

However although its mechanically brilliant and solid as a rock, its a bit 'agricultural' and is in some desperate need of decorating and window dressing. so heres the parts that need tackling..

1-Carpet- its f'king disgusting to be honest and needs completely replacing. Since its half of a Skoda felicia interior the easiest thing would be to source a scrappy or breaking one. However since they will all be old, worn or at best a light grey colour, i really want to do a DIY job in some nice thick pile house carpet. Is this possible, i realise it will be difficult getting it to lie properly as automotive stuff is moulded, but i was thinking of sticking it in as panels. google throws up very little info on how to do this.

2-The dashboard. not as bad as the carpet but has its fair share of scuffs and is that disgusting communist grey colour again. can anything be sprayed on to make it black? i know theres a few products out there, but i want something thats hard wearing and unlikely to wear or peel off.

3- its missing the rear window. sourcing a replacement isnt going to be easy or cheap so its another DIY job. making a perspex one shouldnt be too hard do, but can you get hold of a universal rubber seal, cut it to size then tigerseal it in?

all help appreciated
    Last edited by Prior; 30-12-2010 at 19:03.

Rides
    Niceeee, I love Caddys!

I'm sure loads of carpets will fit, do some digging into the chassis, if not, set about taking the existing carpet out and use it as a template.

As for the dash, I'd flock it if it was me, I know it's not cheap but it's a very durable way to keep it looking good and you can hoover it at the same time as the carpet/seats!

Thirdly, get some pics up once you start on it!