Thread: What would you buy?

Rides

What would you buy?

Before i start this is NOT a vs thread.
    Looking at buyin a seat leon tdi fr/cupra 150ps the mk1 version.
    How ever im looking for a low/average milage one,good condition with fsh for around 5k.
    I have looked at some but they have not been worth the money so still waiting for a good one to turn up.
    Im aware the leon is based on a mk4 golf and aware of the issue's that come with them but a friend of mine is a diagnostic tech and he has just brought a citreon c4,staright away i said "im suprised you would buy french rubbish" to which he quite rightly replied "vag stuff is just as as troublesome" he did work for vw car's etc.
    He then went on to say the c4 is a 2005 1.6hdi,average milage,2owner's good mpg and only cost £2600.That's the same thing im after from the leon and they are x2 that price. If the c4 did go wrong least it didnt cost 5k and still have issue's as the leon may suffer?
    Im now considering a c4 as i quite like the c4 coupe(and struggling with a good leon) however i must admit i do have a pet hate when it come's to french car's,anybody have and knowlage or suggestion's toward's this,even alternative car's?

Rides
    C4 is fugly.. I think he got some form of bargain there, never seen one for £2500 let alone a diesel one..

Sorry cant help on what to buy..

Rides
    Don't buy Italian, don't buy French.

If you're really nervous. Don't buy British, German, Spanish or American either.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Don't buy Italian, don't buy French.

If you're really nervous. Don't buy British, German, Spanish or American either.
    Jap or Russian it is then

Rides
    I had a mk1 1.8 20v T cupra, common problems as im sure you know - AFM, Coilpacks, Waterpumps and leaking doorcard seals.

solid car for the money and id definately get more driving pleasure from the seat over the citroen.

looked at a fabia Vrs?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Math View Post
    I had a mk1 1.8 20v T cupra, common problems as im sure you know - AFM, Coilpacks, Waterpumps and leaking doorcard seals.

solid car for the money and id definately get more driving pleasure from the seat over the citroen.

looked at a fabia Vrs?
    yeah would be the leon over the fabia though as the seats let the car down in my opinion, and i need a bit bigger boot but i certainly wouldnt turn one down if i come across a bargain.

Rides
    Personally i cannot see any point in buying anything other than a Skoda from the Vag group, they make such good motors and i dont think there is enough excitement in the rest of the ranges to warrant the costs

The diesel RS fabia and the 1st gen octavia RS are utter stars imho...