Thread: clutch on a .......

Rides

clutch on a .......

clutch went on my 02 plate 2.0 duratec mondeo xmas eve got to doit tomorrow,well make a start at least till i can get to work to get my tool's.
    just wondering if anyone done one think its got a subframe on too

Rides
    yes its got a sub-frame,but only 4 big bolts hold it on, unbolt steer-rack and support/tie up,2 lower arm pinch bolts,front and rear g/box mounts unbolted and frame is off when bumper trim un-clipped/de-pegged and poss power steer lines have annoying clips on sub-frame(with 8mm head bolts that round off easy lol).
    i've only done lots of automatics tho.but you will need way to support engine /box.
    engine brace bar that rests on front/inner wings is fave so can lower it to help get box out,axel stands trolly jack will work if cars not too high. dooable with mates helping?? but a 2 post lift makes it so easyer tbh.
    and this weather puts me off playing out-side atm lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    yes its got a sub-frame,but only 4 big bolts hold it on, unbolt steer-rack and support/tie up,2 lower arm pinch bolts,front and rear g/box mounts unbolted and frame is off when bumper trim un-clipped/de-pegged and poss power steer lines have annoying clips on sub-frame(with 8mm head bolts that round off easy lol).
    i've only done lots of automatics tho.but you will need way to support engine /box.
    engine brace bar that rests on front/inner wings is fave so can lower it to help get box out,axel stands trolly jack will work if cars not too high. dooable with mates helping?? but a 2 post lift makes it so easyer tbh.
    and this weather puts me off playing out-side atm lol
    i know got no choice need to get car back on road so can get to work wed h ha. just finished my neigbours bmw mini too the main shaft had sheard in the box everything bolted too the sub frame was bolted from top too
    ill start tackling it tomorrow

Rides
    good luck matey,maybe get some info from a mondeo owners club(my mate got some from a USA site on a search),get as many people to help wont take that long doable out-side your house in a day.and i found the new mini way harder due to lack of space and way put together!!

Rides
    you were right about the mini lol the clutch is out just got try get new one tomorrow.
    thank's guy's