Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RB S14a Build

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Stunning, shame you've got rid of all the old pictures though.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks, yeh i dunno whats happened there, they are still on my photobucket as the should be but the links have just started saying that, ill re upload them

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Legend
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Not everyone had forgotten about this one Aaron! I've been hoping you'd finish it soon. What happened to the red seat?

Rides
    Haha yeh its been so long since its been on the road :-( finally a light at the end of the tunnel

Sold the red bride a while back then swapped my black seats for 2 brides, then sold them and ordered the recaros

Rides
    Some more updates
    Got my titanium turbo jacket fitted, will be pretty beneficial

Also made a custom catch can at work, 2 ports for the twin rocker covers and instead of using breather filters im going to run a third pipe under the car to stop the pressure, might add a filter at a later date and use the third port as a recirc into the sump

Started making the new exhaust LOL

Also started making some circa +70 front wings jgtc style, no more dodgy stretch, plenty room for wide track tyres now!

How it will look when finished

Heater matrix is going in the bin, weight saving, and just going to replace with electric demisters using the standard heater plumbing

And slight change of plan with the seats, now have these arriving at the beginning of march.
    Kevlar!

Rides
    Another pic of the new seats, choaking to get them fitted with the takatas and get the interior tidied up and finished!

Major tight fit, pics to follow, chopping my manifold up and fabricating it to run a 2 inch wastegate pipe then split into 2 38mm tial wastegates, a little more accurate running 2 wastegates than one huge one

Rides
    so much win in this thread. real shame that all your early pics are not working. wouldnt mind seeing some of the other pics.

cracking build though mate. definitely not skimping on parts thats for sure. only thing im not keen on is the wheels, the rest is awesome

Rides
    some pics from this week, just waiting on some stuff coming then its onto making the boost pipes and exhaust pipe and its finished..

and heres a before and after...

Rides
    Looks fooking awesome, me want!

Rides
    ****ing amazing dude. such good mods.

Rides
    Not really much been happening, just been saving to fund the final push to get this thing finished, and to no surprise more problems along the way...

Heres my new seats that finally arrived

But they are pretty small and im not to be honest, so im selling these to fund wider versions of the same/similar seats, which leads me to my next problem, these narrow ones are already touching the cage at my seating position, so im going to have to sell the cage for a weld in or attempt cutting the floor and making a flat floor and mounting them without sliders to see if that makes more room.... By now people will be saying why not just buy seats that fit....well thats just boring.

Some new racing composite wheelnuts

And just finished my custom breather setup, pretty chuffed with how that came out

And now ive just spent a small fortune and ordered up a whole new fuel setup for the engine as the old perished rubber lines with shit clamps was an accident waiting to happen, its being replaced with msa teflon AN fittings with a sytec inline race filter and fpr, will also tidy the bay up a bit

Rides
    Great progress dude. I used to run a sytec inline fuel filter on my old car. great filter. I dont know if you have braided lines from the fuel tank but if you dont there is a type of fitting that fits on to metal fuel lines and converts to an AN fitting. You can get these from bolts bolts.

This is the website, but if you contact them they can supply the fittings seperatly to allow an fittings to fit directly to hard lines.

http://www.boltsbolts.co.uk/#/shop/4...Filter/4635111

Rides
    Cheers for that..

Wish i had found that earlier as i just bought all that seperate pretty much, although im going from the standard hardpipe at the bulkhead with teflon hose then a finisher, then an fittings on the other side onto the filter, then back to finishers on the standard fuel rail until such time i do internal fuel lines and a top feed fuel rail

Rides
    some updates -

due to me needing a wider seat and the bolt in cage being so far from the a and b pillar i was never going to get the seat in and fitted properly, and far back enough for my driving position, so the cage is now sold and goes away next week, as soon as full payment has been received this is what im ordering up.

custom cages full FIA MSA spec weld in cage, cant wait to be honest, as soon as the cage arrives its getting booked into chizfab for welding, and the intercooler pipes and exhaust finished off

also managed to source a set of rare GP sports jp. sideskirts, make the car more agressive looking and go with the aero style im after, will get them painted shortly

also got started making the race fuel filter with the teflon braided lines (worst job ive ever attempted!)

Rides
    So jealous. You won't be disappointed with a custom cages cage. A couple of my mates have custom cages in there cars. And I can honestly say they are one of the best fitting cages I've ever seen. Every bar is fag paper close to the pillars ( how a proper cage should be), no need for gussets etc. keep up the great work.

Subscribed.

Rides
    messed around a bit to try and squeeze a bit more room in my rear arches, thats now about a 9cm overfender and its still going to be tight with proper tyres, think i need smaller spacers...

had the oil cooler relocation kit re-threaded to suit the original nissan fitment oil filter, kit came with UNF fitment for some reason

removed the stock oil cooler as it was pointless, had the block adaptor threaded to allow the relocation kit adaptor to screw right onto the block

finished off my new fuel lines

Rides
    Some minor updates. Managed to get a driftworks functional roof scoop for a good price, not your usual ripspeed stick on job, properly filtered and vented with water drain, should help keep the interior temps down as it was already a sauna before i binned the heater matrix...

Oh and another set of seats. Fit in these ones though!

Rides

Starting to come together now, cut the hole in the roof.... Bit of a nerve racking job. Also cut bonnet for the driftworks tow hook, will get pics of that later

Rides
    looks so epic dude. the word epic gets used way to much but in this case the word just doesn't describe how awesome this build is