Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RB S14a Build

Rides
    Very very nice i really like this car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Silane View Post
    Bit mad to drive it as a daily with that petrol consumption! For a minute there I thought you bought Bling's car but I think that has over 550bhp?
    Be hard pushed to buy that now, it's a shell on axle stands RIP amazing machine. She was an awesome 540bhp.

GREAT looking car, really like the look. Particularly like the painted cage, already got my Fabricage painted up but might redo it lol.

Shadow Chrome wasn't an expensive option on the Grids tho, it was just a DW limited edition.
    '99 S14A Garage Find (off the road since 2007) - WIP

Rides
    Awesome 14a and looking forward to future updates mate.
    Pm me about meeting up sometime, would like to have a look around your car.

Cheers Aj

Rides
    fitted the seat, fitted rollcage padding. roll on the summer, going to get the engine bay sorted out and tidied up, and give the car another respray to keep it fresh!
    added a pic of the engine bay, nothing spectacular to see but i will have it looking the part soon enough.

Rides
    not got many big updates but might aswell keep this upto date,

last month unfortunately someone reversed into me causing damage to the lights, bumper and wings, so i have got new stuff sitting waiting to get painted.

also stripped the front end, done a better job of the wiretuck that was already running up the inside of the wing,

also painted my cam covers, excuse the red belt cover, thats being replaced with a clear one shortly along with an hks timing belt.

hard to tell by the pic but also sanded down the main chasis legs and burned off the old underseal and redone front end
    buffed up the slightly tatty ferrari disk and gave them a quick coat of paint, looks so much better on the car

before and after

then came the job of the intercooler piping, it was just cheap 1mm wall aluminium so i got in touch with a man with 50 years of experience of tig welding and fabrication, his work is out of this world, i just dropped this off to him...

1.5mm t304 stainless should look much better with this fitted, also will do away with the turbo inlet pipe that was diy'd from the standard skyline one with chewing gum welds

Rides
    some more stuff :thumbsup:

apex traction rod failed on me a few weeks ago, causing one of the back wheels to move back in the arch and scrub like a mofo on the rear of the arch, so i ordered up a new set from driftworks, going to gradually replace all the apex stuff with new driftworks stuff including the new geomaster hubs. also got full billet rear subframe and diff mount kit to make the car even less comfortable than it is :roll:
    some upto date pics :thumbsup:

Rides
    The last photo look epic mate, great looking s14a

Rides
    Love everything about this car, by far one of tge best looking 14's on the board IMO

Keep up the good work!!

And if you ever think of selling let me know!! Lol

Rides
    nice car mate a friend of mine knows you i belive or perhaps it might be the last owner

lookin good anyways hope to see this sometime

Rides
    It's a **** car owners a **** too

Just kidden cars a wepon! Using my pics without my name on them poor show Aaron poor show

Rides
    nice car bud, your going to be using as a base? looking forward to seeing what is coming.

Rides
    thought id update this. after some serious thought i decided to keep the car a bit longer, having had someone wanting the car i shat out to be honest :lol:

since then the hks triple plate clutch decided to call it a day, so once the gearbox is out and i can inspect the "damage" ill get a rebuild kit if the remaining parts of the clutch are still ok, if not im going for a carbonetics carbon triple plate rated to 1000whp, phil morrison uses this clutch in his driftworks s15 demo car and it seems to hold the punishment of skidding, so more than enough for what im gonna need.

also apon inspection ive noticed my turbo is very close to being goosed, when a bought the car the hks filter was in very poor condition and im thinking its been letting in all the crap of the day, as the blades on the turbo have been pritty badly chewed which will be loosing the car quite a bit of power, and explains the slightly more lag than it was a while back. theirs also a little bit too much play on the turbo blades than id say was normal. so anyway, this will be getting replaced with a garrett gt30 or 35, need to do my homework first.

engines coming out this week to start the winter project, lower compression, maybe forged internals, plazzman inlet manifold and fullrace exhaust manifold. also temped by a rear quarter exit exhaust but might get too much greif from the cops

front slam pannel is also in currently being chopped off to make way for a full spaceframe front end which will be detachable to make it easier for working on the engine like pictured below

anyways.. some pics of the car in its current state.

Rides
    very nice car you got their..

with the ferrari front discs does the callaipers fit over them ok are is ther brackets?

also is a ferrari 5x114 fitment or did you have to mad the discs?

if possible would you put up pics of the callaiper set up

cheers

Rides
    not a massive update but hey ho!
    ordered up this carbon roof spoiler

fitted a DW tow hook

my turbo turned out to be a tad worse for wear!

so it was replaced with a Holset HX40 beast!

fitted on standard manifold...just. although it wont be going on the car untill i get the topmount manifold for it!

goes away this saturday for its engine bay overhaul, eventually!, so once its back the work can really start to get it back together!
    been toying with a few pics on photoshop of how i want the car to look, cant really decide, heres a few examples of what i had in mind.

Rides
    Black, with the enkeis, diffuser, despoilered arse imo

Rides
    Pure filth lol

Rides
    Pure filth lol

Rides
    So work finally starts! Massive rate/thanks to chizfab so far for the work carried out. Another week or so and it will be finished.

Also purchased but not pictured, carbon roof spoiler, think im going to run without a boot spoiler.

Cosworth head gasket
    Acl race bearings
    Dmax led rear lights
    Bride low max recliners in black
    Bmrs braided oil and fuel lines
    All being ordered up during the week
    Go!

Rides

Rides
    Sweet .