Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: RB S14a Build

Rides
    Looking good Aaron. Any idea on date when it'll be complete? What does it need to get it running?

Rides
    Cheers, nah not yet, still alot of work and alot of dollar yet, still got a link ecu to buy, stack dash, custom wiring loom, full respray etc, it's still away getting the fabrication done, hoping to have it back by the end of next week then it will need stripped bare to get the shell away for paint, and I can imagine they will have it for ages, then it will need it's final assembly then back into swr for the wiring to be done ready for its first startup, if all goes to plan it will still be before winter, fingers crossed

Rides
    not much of an update other than pics of my car being shuffled about the workshop haha, taking alot longer than expected to get all the chasis work done, decided to ditch the boost controller and guages and run an all in one stack dash and this seems like a really good kit which is plug and play which is always a win, ordering this up when i get back from holiday next week

Rides
    cars still in the garage waiting on new sills etc to be done

BEFORE

AFTER

also bought this to cover the brake cylinders on the floor for the pedal box

Rides
    Great build so far!!

Those brakes look huge!! What size are the discs?

Rides
    thanks, they are 365mm with 6 pot calipers, i had originally bought an 8 pot project Mu big brake kit with 380mm disks but it fell through and i ended up getting a refund, im kinda glad now as i dont think they would have fitted as these are pretty close to the wheel

Rides
    as you can see the floor had rotted really bad and when jacking the car up the whole sill would just crumble

this was all completely cut away and any sign of rot removed so the car will now be rust free and the underside of the car will also be getting rust preventer, stone guard and painted, the new sills are not totally finished yet, they will be finished off to hide any welds to save the bodyshop extra work, ive went with box style sills as this was the look i had intended for the car and this should fit in nicely with my plans for the aero, im just going to have to think of something so the lines flow with the modified rear overfender

and when the metal sills above are finished off and painted i have these carbon lower parts which will attach underneath featuring aero to minimise drag caused by the rear tyre

ive also had the pedalbox mounted further into the floor and due to the seat being fixed i have had the pedal box made so it will be adjustable

and the new seat rails

alot of other work going on but no pictures until it returns, car should be back with me next week then ill have the task of stripping it right back down, engine out etc so i can get the car prepped for a full shell respray....dreading it!

Rides
    That's looking really good, the box sills look like a particularly novel way of getting around structure problems and going aero. One assumes you're going flat floor at some point, I look forward to seeing it develop

Rides
    Just a quick one of the lights, they are still a work in progress as I want these to look perfect to oem standards

Making templates for aero, just fiddling with different ideas at the moment

Pedal box fitted up with nismo foot rest

Rides
    so, its been a while since i done anything on this car, and the summer is coming quick, so i realised i had to get a move on if im to have any chance of having this thing finished in time

version 3 of the external wastegate, trial fitted on this side due to garage space, but will be on the other side when finally made

front end removed and engine bay stripped ready for engine removal

and after a problem with the engine crane, the next morning the engine was out, and made some temp supports for the engine to sit on

then it was taken away that afternoon and arrived here!

at the paint shop where it is going to be getting a full shell repaint!, so that will be away for several weeks, meanwhile ill get to work tidying the engine back up as its a bit rough looking from sitting in the dampness for so long,all the polished metals have tarnished, also stocking up on parts im going to need for its next stop at the garage to be wired
    so far ive added
    Sabelt 330mm wheel with sparco boss

Summit Technologies Raptor - Road version with all functions required (also means i can remove standard stocks)

Takata 6 point harnesses - these are the latest versions, and they have a much better quality to them than the old ones

Rides
    awesome update. can't wait for more updates

Rides
    Massive respect to you. This is one of the best builds I have seen. Im very impressed with every part of it.

Any chance you can give some pointers on how you done those the lights as Im currently doing some thing similar to my S15 heads and tails.

Rides
    That raptor is lovely. I really like that, very race car.

Rides
    Omfg this is outstanding! Also would like to know more about those headlights? And what bumpers those are!!

Rides
    Wow! So much want...

Rides
    heres a pic of the raptor fitted, looking forward to getting that set up

also got a set of supermade nismo z tune fender flares from japan courtesy of injection imports

appreciate the comments folks, as for the headlights i want to keep my cards close to my chest at the moment as i am trying to find a company to produce these and start up a small business with them, but i am at a dead end with it at the moment, feel free to pm me for more details

Rides
    A quick update, no progress on the paint situation but I ordered up most of what I need for when the car is back and needs wired, the new flagship haltech elite 2500 which has many impressive features including self learning, can hub module to connect up all the external can devices, haltech can wideband, and I've still got the haltech dash sitting also, and I saw the summit technologies talon and I had to have it, been looking at the cosworth and ole buhl products of similar design but the price is astronomical, this kit will be ideal and comes with a massive decal pack so you can set exactly what you want each button to do to suit your needs, and the Rev counter at the top will be used as a fuel level indicator

Rides
    I know a small business that may be interested in your headlights.. I think theyre somewhere in Gloucestershire or Worcestershire.. All depends on cost and demand but PM me if youre interested and ill see if I can hook you up.

Rides
    Don't mean to dig up an old post, but is anyone on here aware of where my shell/ended up and if they are back on the road in the UK? Would like to see how it's looking/running and I could be interested in getting the shell back if it was still in the same unfinished state?

Cheers