• Image of Club - Too strict

15 15.96%
  • Image of Club - Too many boyracers

4 4.26%
  • Other (please state on post)

39 41.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Making SXOC Better - Not a member! How Come?

Rides
    im probaby the most forget full person in the world and always forget to pay the renewal fee

i'll get round to it again at some point even tho i dont own an s body at this point in time.

maybe mopre payment options would help ? just a thought

Rides
    just picked up my s14a loving it and everyone on here seems great already got some great advice and parts from you guys! reason I'm still a guest is cause my 200sx has some new shoes need to wait till the 12th to become a member

Rides
    I'm not sure I get why people 'haven't got round to it yet'..

Paypal, 5 minutes.. done.

Running a forum isn't free and if you use a club regularly, especially as your 'main' forum, I don't see why you shouldn't help pay to keep it running.

Rides
    I am like a few others that have posted. Owned an s14a and was a member, no longer owned a s14a so no longer a member. The info I got from this site was invaluable when I had the car, also I paid up for the discounts, I agree the old insurance discount is a bit dubious, but there were group buy etc that I easily saved earnt my membership back on.
    I like the two tiered approach, it’s a great idea. Esp as last time the issue of money came up I remember sxoc had 14k in the bank and were asking questions like is it acceptable for the local reps to spend some of this money on meeting meals etc!
    I don’t come on here every day, but I used too, I can see myself coming back to sxoc time and time again as there are a number of people who always have an opinion here, which I like.
    As has been said this is like a social club, where we all joined initially because of the lover for one car, the car some would describe as different, mad, unsafe and great fun – which is how I would describe myself and probably most of you here!
    I would be happy to pay £5 - £10 a year this would fully fund the resources I use and probably another 100 guests any more the £10 is taking the pi$$ imo.

Also open up track days etc to other types of cars and maybe you will have more members as more people will be able to take part. This has moved on from being the sx only oc.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    A little incentive to people who have never been members. There are mucky threads in the members section thats worth the money alone
    Im sorry to quote you Chris,but I really dont agree mate,your lucky to get pics of a pair of tits with the nips showing!! If anyone put up a photo of a woman lying on her bed with her legs spread and her pussy showing it would be closed within 30 seconds and you would either be banned or sent a PM giving you a telling off

Personally I think there are a lot of great things going for this site, and a lot of helpful members,the technical section is the best part for me although advice on almost anything is available if you ask!! This site harbours a broad knowledge of life in some waysBut there negatives too that I dont need to go into.

I havent renewed because the bank fcuked up the transaction although I sent jeff a PM asking if all was well,and if not to let me know and I would sort it asap. I heard nothing and just logged on to find my PM's stopped and my access cut off-meh, I dont know if I really will bother to now, I only pay to become a member as a way of paying something back anyway, I dont personally see any benefits of being a paid up member.

The discount side of things is something I will mention though as tbh I agree with what has already been said where are they?? the grouop uys are good but I dont see any actual % off anywhere?? and the same as others have found,when actually questioning traders about discounts, I too have been faced with "thats including the discount mate" even though I then found them cheaper elsewhere!!

Insurance is cheaper for me NOT to use any advertised on here,in fact the companies who are on here are quite a lot higher indeed.Particularly A Flux

Rides
    Nit-picking perhaps but since you mention it...
    Quote Originally Posted by The1Nick View Post
    Also open up track days etc to other types of cars and maybe you will have more members as more people will be able to take part. This has moved on from being the sx only oc.
    If you're a Member on an SXOC trackday the general rule we've always applied is "whatever you turn up in on the day - SX or not" (unless it's specifically SX-only but it's been a while since I've seen one of those days being organised).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    what if its none of the above??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DREAD13 View Post
    what if its none of the above??
    Then you tick the "Other" option and state why none of the above were applicable to you, as the poll suggests you do
    Last edited by Aitch; 29-12-2010 at 20:05. Reason: Spolling

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Then you tick the "Other" option and state why none of the above were applicable to you, as the poll suggests you do
    fpmsl.......you always make me laugh

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    I'm not sure I get why people 'haven't got round to it yet'..

Paypal, 5 minutes.. done.

Running a forum isn't free and if you use a club regularly, especially as your 'main' forum, I don't see why you shouldn't help pay to keep it running.
    sorry but i think thats a bit of a harsh attiude to have .

people come to the forum for various reasons, information, banter, for sale items, if you lock down the entire forum to paid " members only" you elininating the possiblity of new members joining , i know that i've gone to forums looking for info only to find the majority of it is locked down, i never joined and never gave it a second thought.

I thinkt he structure the club has now is good and works well. If people want to join the club the will, a lot of people who have been on here for a good few years may not bwe paid members any more but still come on a contruibute to the threads, the info etc and if you make them pay a fee you may well lose them , no club will work without a influx of new and old users to the website.

granted it costs money to run the club but the memberships and renewals do cover this. if you want more people to joing, re join, maybe lock down a few more sections,

forsale, traders sections etc, whilst still leaving the comunity side of things open for new possible members to see what kind of club we are and then joining up at a later date.

I hope know the committie will always do what is best for the clubs interests

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    sorry but i think thats a bit of a harsh attiude to have .

people come to the forum for various reasons, information, banter, for sale items, if you lock down the entire forum to paid " members only" you elininating the possiblity of new members joining , i know that i've gone to forums looking for info only to find the majority of it is locked down, i never joined and never gave it a second thought.

I thinkt he structure the club has now is good and works well. If people want to join the club the will, a lot of people who have been on here for a good few years may not bwe paid members any more but still come on a contruibute to the threads, the info etc and if you make them pay a fee you may well lose them , no club will work without a influx of new and old users to the website.

granted it costs money to run the club but the memberships and renewals do cover this. if you want more people to joing, re join, maybe lock down a few more sections,

forsale, traders sections etc, whilst still leaving the comunity side of things open for new possible members to see what kind of club we are and then joining up at a later date.

I hope know the committie will always do what is best for the clubs interests
    Well of course you like the "structure" you have 4k odd posts and aren't a member!!.....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky3510 View Post
    Well of course you like the "structure" you have 4k odd posts and aren't a member!!.....
    Don't forget Kiz was a rep not so many months ago, and all paid up

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
    Don't forget Kiz was a rep not so many months ago, and all paid up
    cheers malc

kind of gives it away in my sig

yes i was staff for a couple of years hence the post count, and i've also been on the board since 2006 i recently stepped down from staff and didnt renew my membership due to not being active on the board again untill recently for personal reasons and also selling my 200 in the summer i didnt see the point untill i am back at meets and club events , when i buy a new s body i will off course renew my membership

Rides
    We have adopted a 'No Chin' policy now though, so no chin, no membership
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Pot, Kettle?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    We have adopted a 'No Chin' policy now though, so no chin, no membership
    haha thanks mate, you'll be glad to know since i stopped smoking and became a fat git i grew a chin

well technically i grew a couple

Rides
    Sorry Lou but I think your argument is based on the fact everybody has a payal account,I dont and never will due to them being so shite!! I have seen sooo many others have problems with paypal I would never use them

I dont know if it was possible? but if you could have the ability to buy membership with your card in the membership section that would be easy the same as buying anything else online,just input your card details and hey presto

Rides
    You can do a bank transfer, which if you aren't going to have paypal is a perfectly reasonable option imo and you only have to set it up the once then the details are all ready to go for renewal next year.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post
    I dont know if it was possible? but if you could have the ability to buy membership with your card in the membership section that would be easy the same as buying anything else online,just input your card details and hey presto
    We are not a business you know We have 2 reasonably efficient payment methods, both you can do from the comfort of your home and take 5 mins max

Next you will be wanting reps to have chip and pin machines

Granted the membership process could be more automated and thats something we are working on but its still not a massive ballache, its actually harder work for the guys processing the memberships than it is for those paying
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    The bank transfer thing is a piece of piss to use and very quick, anyone with online banking should be able to use it in seconds
    I too hate paypal but with the addition of bank transfer option its now easier than ever to pay.

If the membership process got a bit more automated and streamlined, coupled with the two ways to pay above then it could well attract a lot more folk.

Then again half the sxoc cant afford to fill there cars with petrol so joining the club is prob a bit of an ask